My Poor Boys both Poorly.

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
BEE BEE

My Poor Boys both Poorly.

Post by BEE BEE » 09 Aug 2014, 19:30

I took both Bowie and Ziggy to the vets on Friday as when Ziggy got up on the morning he had been like wretching and bringing up white phlemy stuff. Bowie had it first but after a day it went.
Ziggy looked realy poorly and was looking very sorry for himself.
When the vet examined them he said they had both got Kennel cough. They have never had this before.
They are both on antibyotics, and are having ice cream, Also honey with warm water to soothe their throats . Spoilt or what
Hubby is stoking them every five minutes and talking to them. Saying to me I hope they are going to be ok. I've hurt my back and can hardly move. What do I get ///////// whats for tea.
:roll: :roll:

Ianto!

Re: My Poor Boys both Poorly.

Post by Ianto! » 09 Aug 2014, 19:39

Ahh! Poor boys, I hope they're feeling better soon...
As for your OH, tell him that the strange woman with the scary haircut who darn-near accosted him at Doodlfest ( :roll: I recognised your lads, what can I say??) says that he should be more considerate and get you your dinner and, if you can take it with painkillers, a nice glass o' wine. NOW!!! :lol:
Anne & Ianto x
Edited to add: Feel better soon too!

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 09 Aug 2014, 20:00

Poor boys. I have also heard that benylin (the kids version) can be used for dogs and help their throat. Hopefully it'll only last for a day or toe and then they will be on the mend. I hope your back feels better soon - demand sympathy and attention!!

scooby Dood

Post by scooby Dood » 09 Aug 2014, 20:44

Poor boys and you! I like the sound of ice cream for sore throats!
Scooby Dood, Andrea & Kerry

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 09 Aug 2014, 21:29

oh my poor dogs poor you and silly man
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

swardie

Post by swardie » 10 Aug 2014, 07:40

As, poor Doods, get well soon, same goes for you , and the answer to the OH's question is ' takeaway ' !! :lol: x

BEE BEE

Post by BEE BEE » 10 Aug 2014, 09:38

suebedo wrote:Poor boys. I have also heard that benylin (the kids version) can be used for dogs and help their throat. Hopefully it'll only last for a day or toe and then they will be on the mend. I hope your back feels better soon - demand sympathy and attention!!
The vet did mention benylin but said honey and warm water was more natural. must admite Ziggy does'nt like it. So today hubby's going to get him the benylin.
Thank you for all your thought's hubby has read them and said he will cook sunday lunch his words were you should of said I would of soon cooked tea. They just don't get the it's nice to offer do they? :lol:
I just hope my boys hurry up and get well.

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 10 Aug 2014, 10:35

Oh, bless!!
You know the old saying, "Men. Ya can't live with 'em....... nope, that's pretty much it!" :roll: :lol: :lol:
Anne & Ianto x

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 10 Aug 2014, 10:47

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 10 Aug 2014, 17:34

Poor doods, I hope they feel better soon. There seems to be an awful lot of kennel cough around this year, it's horrid to see them poorly but they do seem to recover pretty quickly. And with them both ill at the same time they will both be better together too, you won't be waiting to see if the other goes down with it.
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

Peggy

Post by Peggy » 10 Aug 2014, 18:02

Hope they get well soon. Typical OH. Still at least he is fussing the dogs. Perhaps if you go down on all fours he will pet you to make you feel better.

mizmaz

Post by mizmaz » 10 Aug 2014, 22:46

:( sorry to hear about your poorly doods. Hope they are better very soon. Quite impressed with how our dogs can get us feeding them such yummy treats!!
Xx