Spayed female dog - scent?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
AustinsMumma

Spayed female dog - scent?

Post by AustinsMumma » 18 Dec 2014, 18:45

Hiya
I don't want an argument / debate here? :| :o
Just an answer
CAN a spayed female dog give off a scent of being 'a full girl' or not?
Auz is entire and is being neutered in a couple of weeks

I won't go into it but today he REALLY wanted this one girl and would NOT leave it
AT ALL
Until I pinned him to the floor with my FULL body weight
Now this is very embarrassing, and I can't talk about it to anyone as you know what the dog communities are like... "do this do that".... :(

I know he's got nuts and I know he has hormones... but JEEZ
NEVER seen such a wonderful submissive marshmallow dog want to kill me for a bitch before
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bid

Re: Spayed female dog - scent?

Post by Bid » 18 Dec 2014, 20:19

Yes they can but it is rare. MrsAdmin has a bitch that acts like she is in season and there is a possibility that a small bit of something remained after she was spayed.

I hope Auz forgets all about it - soon!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 18 Dec 2014, 21:58

Odd you should post this now... twice a year Jessie gives off a scent (I think) that drives Deano and Dooley absolutely loopy and they just want to play with her and then... hump her!! :roll:

I only said to hubby a couple of nights ago 'can a spayed bitch give off a scent when her season would
have been due?' :| I'm not sure if Jessie is encouraging the boys are not but she's certainly very
playful.

I think they can but it doesn't make sense, well not to me anyway! It's making life here quite
difficult at the moment. I feel mean when I stop them from playing but I know exactly what's going to
happen...
ImageImage

ImageImage

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 19 Dec 2014, 11:38

Thank you for your replies
It's a nightmare
They swore she was spayed but he had the most extreme reaction he has ever had!
*Thing* right out and wanted it so much
I have bruises all over my arms from restraining him. He didn't care where he was or who I was
I was most upset
The couple whose dog it was hated me and him :|
Understandably
The thing was though as he was showing interest in their dog they just ignored me running and shouting and walked off home
I was knackered!! lol :shock: :roll:
It was obvious he wasn't going to leave her so I ran for ages, the caught up with him, then he was fidgeting that much to get to her again his collar came off so I had to GRAB his fur and fling him on the floor and sit on him :?
HOW embarrassing!! :oops: He was crying, it looked like I was killing him!
Anyways, neutering booked. Then 3 months for the hormones to go
Blimey!! Let's hope it works
Thanks again, J xx

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 19 Dec 2014, 14:20

I was not going to comment but based on your description etc and since he has not ( I assume) reacted like this with many other females. I would wager a bet that the "spayed" dog was not spayed at all!
For Auss to have such extreme reaction makes me believe this.

I have had this experience once and when I really challenged the owner ,( was livid as had been working so hard on recall away from others etc) the owner eventually said " Oh er well i shall leave she may well be coming into season" She did leave - she must have seen the look in my eyes grrrrr but of course he was so hyped at that stage... :roll:

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 19 Dec 2014, 18:03

Pollydoodle wrote:I was not going to comment but based on your description etc and since he has not ( I assume) reacted like this with many other females. I would wager a bet that the "spayed" dog was not spayed at all!
For Auss to have such extreme reaction makes me believe this.

I have had this experience once and when I really challenged the owner ,( was livid as had been working so hard on recall away from others etc) the owner eventually said " Oh er well i shall leave she may well be coming into season" She did leave - she must have seen the look in my eyes grrrrr but of course he was so hyped at that stage... :roll:
Hmmm...they were ADAMANT though :?: :?
He HAS reacted like this a couple of times before... and all times they were intact bitches IN season (which the owners admitted)
Needless to say, I was * a bit cross* , well, as much as I could be after running a mile lol :shock: :lol:

My vet said he could just be frustrated though and is trying to hump 'anything'. But he meets MANY dogs a day and has had a reaction like this about 3-4 times in his 19 month life... this one the most severe
He loves dogs... regularly plays with males and females well, recalls well
I just don't know
All a bit odd isn't it!?

Bid

Post by Bid » 19 Dec 2014, 21:14

Do you have any idea how old she was? I ask because Beamish has a thing about old bitches :oops: :oops: They arethe only ones he humps! I think it is because they won't tell him off as much as a young fit healthy girl would :roll:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron