Oh for goodness sake

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
TheWindiburrows

Oh for goodness sake

Post by TheWindiburrows » 22 Dec 2014, 11:01

I think the universe is doing everything it can to stop me enjoying walks with my doodle. After waiting (not so patiently) for Mabel's broken toe to heal we had a few weeks of enjoying romping around the Hertfordshire countryside together & then I somehow managed to get a slipped disk.

I've been out of action now for 4 weeks and it could be a while yet before I can even think of taking my bounding fluff ball must for a walk again.

Still she's getting very good at sympathetic licks and cuddles!

Wishing everyone a happy (& healthy) Christmas,

Kate
Kate & Andrea, Didlington doodle "Mabel"

From this to this in 6 months & still growing!

stout

Re: Oh for goodness sake

Post by stout » 22 Dec 2014, 15:05

Ouch you poor thing! Get well soon. It looks like you re getting lots of doodle healing cuddles.

Chris and I have both had back problems. I never realised how much it hurt until I hurt mine. I spent a lot of time apologising to Chris for not being very sympathetic!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 22 Dec 2014, 17:10

there with you

looks like you are getting the sympathy vote from Mabel

get well soon
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Masil

Post by Masil » 22 Dec 2014, 18:12

Ouch, poor you. Hope you get well soon. Mabel is gorgeous :D

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 22 Dec 2014, 19:19

Kate, I'm so sorry you're having problems with your back... it isn't any fun. But it looks as if Mabel is giving you lots of attention and snuggles... Take care of yourself and you'll soon be back to walking your beautiful girl -
Anne & Ianto x

Sarahdol75

Post by Sarahdol75 » 22 Dec 2014, 21:42

Oh no, get well soon, she looks gorgeous.
ImageImage

campfaz18

Post by campfaz18 » 22 Dec 2014, 23:26

Mabel looks like she would make a fantastic therapy dog giving her mummies lots of doodle snuggles.

Hope the back improves soon.

PS Love the inglenook very Christmas
Nat, Lynne and the boy Jacob

Bren

Post by Bren » 23 Dec 2014, 01:23

Poor you get well soon and have a good Xmas as i'm sure you will with all those doodle cuddles.

Bowie & Ziggy

TheWindiburrows

Post by TheWindiburrows » 04 Jan 2015, 10:52

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the messages. I managed to go out. For a few walks (or hobbles in my case) over Christmas as long as Someone else held the lead!

K x
Kate & Andrea, Didlington doodle "Mabel"

From this to this in 6 months & still growing!

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 04 Jan 2015, 16:06

Glad to hear that you're up and about again, Kate. Mabel is gorgeous!! :D I love seeing how doodle puppies grow...
We had dreadful ice around our neck of the woods, the roads were like skating rinks - but my mad-cap doodle actually stayed beside me beautifully as we attempted to cross them... Amazed was not the word! :shock: Though he forgot all about it when we reached the 'safety' of the snow-covered pavements... :roll:
I've found that him pulling suddenly sideways jars my back the worst... does Mabel go to puppy classes? They have really helped us with lead-walking.
Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year -
Anne & Ianto x

kathiedoodle

Post by kathiedoodle » 09 Jan 2015, 10:21

Hi Kate, Mable is gorgeous I have to say looks much like my Holly. She is now 2 I remember Mike My husband swearing she grew overnight every night! from a very fluffy pup to a bounding hairy 25.5 kilo stocky Aussie bred cream/white fleece ball. I know about back probs so does Mike he also spent Weeks on the floor several years ago, once damaged always need to take care as the weakness is there. We found pulling on lead problematic, doodles are so strong, I bought a godsend a premier "easy walk" harness from amazon. Unlike other harnesses the lead clips on at the chest not the back of the dog,so when Holly pulled it automatically turned her towards me so Getting eye contact and making her focus on me not what was up the road or where she thought she wanted to go. Instant change in her walking manners. have recommended to many people I see being dragged along by large boisterous dogs and have had several say best thing they have bought having gone through Halties etc. Hope back continues to improve, take care. ,Kathie and Holly I keep trying to put photos on but I am a techno dinosaur , even the clear directions for photo bucket on site left me cold :roll:
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 09 Jan 2015, 21:39

Hi kathiedoodle,
I hope this helps with the Photobucket thing as I had terrible problems when I first started trying to post photos on here...
First off, open a Reply on here (or new topic if it's your thread). Go to Photobucket and choose the photo you want to use. Click on it. Go to the Share Links boxes on the right hand side and click inside the box IMG (Says URL etc.,) This will briefly go yellow and say Copied, then come back onto this site. In the main message body right click and choose Paste. This will bring up a couple of lines of code. When you click on Submit, this will convert to your photo... HTH. Anne & Ianto xImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 09 Jan 2015, 21:41

Crikey, that's a bit huge! :lol:

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 10 Jan 2015, 01:38

glad you seem a bit better, hope it heals soon.
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)