'Sproggy' has a name.....

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Ianto!

'Sproggy' has a name.....

Post by Ianto! » 08 Feb 2015, 22:01

.... at last! After a few days of trying it on for size, the new puppy would like to be known as Wyre... :D (You were getting close, Noglet!)ImageImage
Anne & Ianto x

thepadster

Re: 'Sproggy' has a name.....

Post by thepadster » 08 Feb 2015, 23:02

Lovely name ..... but how do you pronounce it? Wiiiiiiirrrrrre .... ?
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 09 Feb 2015, 00:30

That's about right! :D (It sounds like 'Wee-reh')
He's a feisty little one, he threw himself into the fridge today because he could smell his dinner was in there! :lol:
Anne & Ianto (& Wyre) x

kathiedoodle

Post by kathiedoodle » 09 Feb 2015, 02:19

At last an identity :D an unusual name like Lanto's but both memorable. Has the feisty one made it to Lanto's territory yet, the couch? Can't sleep at the moment so doing some trawling and listening to the TV, strangely the TV went dead a few minutes ago so crept downstairs to the fuse box, one of the fuses had tripped ??? Holly grumbled at being disturbed but is happily in the land of nod again. Monday tomorrow( or actually today) where does the time go?
ImageImage

swardie

Post by swardie » 09 Feb 2015, 08:01

Wyre as one of the Orkney Islands, Anne? It is a lovely and unusual name. BTW- it seems those Lomond boys love their grub!! X

scooby Dood

Post by scooby Dood » 09 Feb 2015, 09:55

Two Welsh names Anne, sounds good. What is it like to havea puppy again!
Scooby Dood, Andrea & Kerry

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 09 Feb 2015, 11:48

Another night owl, Kathie? I'm often awake in the early hours too, but last night I tucked them both up snugly and staggered off to bed 'early' - just in time for Sailing By on R4....!

Ianto is actually 'ianto' but sans serif makes it look like a lower case L... (it's pronounced Yan-toh). Trust me..., but I told the OH I chose 'sensible' names for the children - the doods aren't going to know any different! :roll: (Though it can get interesting at the vets :lol: )

I thought it was a lovely coincidence Sandie, that Wyre's name is Welsh, but that it's also Orcadian - seeing as he's a Scottish doodle! And you're right - he wasn't even put off his nosh by the 'epic' journey home. I made Ianto's supper at the same time as Wyre's last night, put Ianto's down first - and the pup turned into a yeowling, struggling dervish, desperate to get to it!! (I usually put him in his pen when they're being fed.) He lets you know very vocally when he's displeased too! :shock: Like now, as I've just popped him in his pen...

It's a bit like having a second hoom-sprog, scooby dood, you're more relaxed about it... he's fascinated by his big brother, so it takes some of the pressure off! :lol: When I ask Iant to Sit and Wait before I open a door, the little one copies him... On the other hand, I whizzed Wyre out this morning for an imminent wee, and got back covered in glory to find that Ianto had managed to help himself to a sheet of Plenty.... that's going to be fun on it's way out, good ol' Juan is right about how bloomin' absorbent it is.... :(

Happy days! :lol:
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 09 Feb 2015, 13:35

What a unique name!!! He'll be remembered whether he goes......hopefully for the right reasons. :lol:

X

swardie

Post by swardie » 09 Feb 2015, 14:46

Aw, Anne, Glad Ianto's still doing his thaaaaaang!! And hadn't realised that Wyre is a Welsh name( but should have , given that Ianto's named Ianto!! :lol: I thought you'd absorbed the Scottish vibe!! . :lol: xx

Noglet

Post by Noglet » 09 Feb 2015, 17:30

What a gorgeous name, it suits him perfectly! I new you wouldn't let us down and give him a non-Welsh moniker! :wink:

To be honest, I wish we'd thought of giving our two Welsh names. BUT, Stan had to be Stan because we had Ollie at the time. As for George, a friend said he looked like a George and it stuck!

Hope to meet you all at Doodlefest!

Sarah

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 09 Feb 2015, 18:30

At least you'll be able to recognise us, Sarah! :D Doodlefest here we come... :lol: :lol:
(In fact, that's one downside of Ianto's name - he tends to 'out' me at Doodle Meets.... :oops: )
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

LucyDoods

Post by LucyDoods » 09 Feb 2015, 18:33

Wyre is so lovely. He is going to be a head turner :mrgreen:

Bren

Post by Bren » 09 Feb 2015, 20:19

Ann what a lovely name for a lovely little chap. Can't wait to see him at Doodle feist. Does anyone know what date and where it is this year ?

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 09 Feb 2015, 21:38

Bren, 7th - 9th August, at Rodbaston College, Penkridge, Staffs.... :D
Anne x

Sarahdol75

Post by Sarahdol75 » 09 Feb 2015, 22:36

What a gorgeous puppy, glad I read above, as I had no idea on how to say your other dogs name and was going to ask.

Could I ask what the doodle fest is please.
ImageImage