Latest photo of Yoshi!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Coco and Annie

Latest photo of Yoshi!

Post by Coco and Annie » 09 Feb 2015, 14:55

Hello friends

Only 4 days til pick up today. Here is a photo of Yoshi today before he went off to the vet for his neutering :( Hope he's ok.

As a few of you have picked up some cuties recently, I was hoping you could help me with a few last questions.....

We have obtained some citronella oil as recommended on the board, but how do we apply it to our woodwork? Should it be diluted? We have some Bitter Apple spray left over from when Coco s a puppy. Which is more effective?

Also, any handy tips on what to bring for our 3.5hr journey home. The obvious is baby wipes, kitchen roll, towels, bin bags. Any thing else?
Also should we let him out for a wee on the lead or just hope he can either hold it in or not get too distressed if he needs to go in the car?
Also, should we have him on our laps or in the dog crate in the back of the car. Anything else useful you can think of?

Huge thanks!!!

AnnieXX

LucyDoods

Re: Latest photo of Yoshi!

Post by LucyDoods » 09 Feb 2015, 18:25

Yoshi is Gorg :D

We picked Lucy up from Tora's just a couple of weeks ago and had a 4 hour journey home with her.

I took her bed, some toys, kitchen roll etc, sat in the back of the car with her. She was as good as gold and mainly slept the whole way home. I asked about letting her out to wee, but Jackie said she won't know any different but to put her on the floor on some newspaper if needs must. She was fine.

When we got home, I immediately took her to the back garden for a run around / pee. Stood there with her for about 20 mins and she did nothing. The minute we took her inside, she releived herself on the hall floor :roll:

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 09 Feb 2015, 19:37

Oh little cutey! Try not to worry, he'll be fine, Annie....

We had an epic 7 hour trip plus the worry of snow... But the little one took it all in his stride. He sat on the OH's lap in the front passenger seat with a towel and blankie. We stopped part-way for a 'comfort break' - I fed him and he had a little water then whilst we took it in turns to skate across the car park to the 'facilities' :oops: , he was placed in the footwell with lots of newspaper where he obliged us by performing 'wee-wees' and 'get busy's' Several vehicles pulled up by us with grown dogs on board to let them out so I didn't want to put him on the grass, just in case. And it was far too cold to put him in the boot in his crate as originally planned to let him scoff and toilet as the wind was Arctic :shock:

We took towels, wet-wipes, kitchen towel, newspapers, pooh bags and plastic bags. A flask of hot water to dampen his kibble (it soon cooled down!) A couple of little bowls for his food and water. A few toys, one to chew on and a puppy-sized furry one to cuddle up to. And his fluffy blankets. We had a change of clothes for ourselves as we went overnight, Oh, and I took his collar and lead but in the event, he didn't leave the passenger seat.

Apart from the occasional attempt to springboard into the back seats off the OH's belly, he was perfectly content to sit and snuggle, or look out of the window, or lick my husband to death... Try not to stress about your journey, just see it as part of the whole adventure and you'll be fine. At least you'll get to cuddle Yoshi... I had to do all the driving, so no cuddles for me! :cry:

We popped him in the garden, but not for long as it truly was freezing, and I didn't want him to get cold.

One tip - I've used a lead to take him out in the garden for his toileting and the bloomin' clip was so stiff! If you have a lead, spend a bit of time now, working it so it'll snap on and off easily... Oh, and I have a snap buckle collar for Wyre as Ianto would never stand still to buckle his on!

Phew!

And a Mars Bar.... :lol:

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 09 Feb 2015, 22:17

Aww Yoshi... what a little darling you are! :D :D
ImageImage

ImageImage

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 11 Feb 2015, 00:49

Thank you for your replies, especially Anne and LucyDoods. It's reassuring to hear your two bundles of loveliness coped well with the journey.

I can't remember ever being so excited about anything, perhaps apart from giving birth and meeting my babies, but I guess this is quite similar anyway. :D

Xx