scruffy coat

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Peggy

scruffy coat

Post by Peggy » 20 Mar 2015, 18:12

Can someone explain the scruffy coat please

Noglet

Re: scruffy coat

Post by Noglet » 20 Mar 2015, 18:54

Hi Peggy,

The scruffy coat tends to be seen on F1 labradoodles. It's 'harder' than a fleecy coat and more prone to shedding. Our mini-dood Stan is a scruffy and has a lovely wavy, scruffy look with fab eyebrows and a great beard. He does shed, but nowhere near as much as a Labrador!

Here's Stan

HTH

Sarah

Bid

Post by Bid » 20 Mar 2015, 19:17

Beamish & Daisy are scruffies - their coats are not curly like a poodle, and not thick and wavy, but fairly fine and .... well, scruffy! :lol: :lol:

www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

scooby Dood

Post by scooby Dood » 20 Mar 2015, 20:19

Scooby has a scruffy coat. When she is trimmed her fur is lovely and soft. She does not moult at all and we love her to bits
Scooby Dood, Andrea & Kerry

linny

Post by linny » 25 Mar 2015, 19:21

Huggy....top right was a scruffy, he did shed but only a little.
I only ever clipped him once a year to prevent him getting too hot during the summer months and used a Furminator when I groomed him.
His coat was soooo easy to manage compared to Ambrose & Jethro who are at the groomers every six weeks.
Jethro has been today and is looking like a Persil advert ....all white and fluffy :lol: .....sadly he won't stay like this for long. :wink:
I prefer the scruffys

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 30 Mar 2015, 07:44

Lulu is an F1 scruffy

I brush her weekly and there is fur in the brush, get hair balls spasmodically but that could just be dust balls. She doesn't really shed if I brush her weekly. She can sit on your lap without hair coming out
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Curious George

Post by Curious George » 30 Mar 2015, 17:28

George would probably also be a scruffy, he is a bit wooly/fleecy underneath though. I generally give him a good brush once a week, but when he has gone through coat changes it is more. He does matt more now than he did when he was a puppy too.
Rhea & George

ImageImage

linny

Post by linny » 30 Mar 2015, 17:48

Curious George wrote: He does matt more now than he did when he was a puppy too.
Buy yourself a Furminator....it's ideal for the scruffy coat but not to be used on curly Poodle coats.
It's brilliant at removing dead hair.

jasperaliceuk

Post by jasperaliceuk » 31 Mar 2015, 15:41

Stan's the spit of Milo even doing to the little white hairs on his face!

Check out Milo's tricks on http://www.youtube.com/jasperaliceuk