Doodlefest here we come...!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
dexysback

Re: Doodlefest here we come...!

Post by dexysback » 16 Aug 2015, 20:22

It was a great weekend for the people and doodles and also weather. Dexter was a girl for about ten minutes dressed up as Cleopatra , but he didn't seem to mind .It was my sister and her pug crosses first time and she did enjoy it paddy was well behaved apart from sniffing dexter and jakes bits ,but was soon told off by dexter.I think the doodle fest is one of the best places to let your dogs run free because there mind is took up by the other dogs. I cant wait till next year and well done for all the hard work from the people that make it happen.
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 16 Aug 2015, 20:44

Congratulations to Lulu! And if Fozzie and Flo can't make it next year, I vote all back to Sue's place.....! :roll: :D :D
Anne, Ianto & Wyre xx

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 17 Aug 2015, 23:11

Hi Anne, did not realise the "new"site ( shows how long ago I went to Doodlefest!) was near busy road etc the previous site was /felt in middle of no where. :wink: On a more positive note I suspect the reason for doodlefest is rwally (beginning to hate this tablet!)for all the doods to hone their self feeding/food sourcing skills.
Sounds like fun was had by all nonetheless !

Poodles winning?? Now are we sure twas a poodle and not a doodle with a secret hair cut to sway the judge? Hah perish the thought! 8) :D

Manda64

Post by Manda64 » 18 Aug 2015, 00:40

Doodlefest was a great success again - a big thankyou to all the people who worked so hard all weekend. :D
Flint had a good time running around on the Friday, and behaved himself on lead on the Saturday. How the organisers manage to arrange the hottest weather of the year for the event amazes me - this year the lady selling the cool coats must have made a fortune! :wink:
It was nice to meet people from the forum and the only shame is we wimp out and stay at a local hotel! :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 18 Aug 2015, 15:25

It's only when you're camping at the bottom end of the field that you realise, in the dead of night, that there is quite a 'fast' road somewheres nearby.... :wink: I don't think that it's a problem for most - just our little 'Steve McQueen' and his hypothetical motorbike.... :roll:

There is a pretty good thick hedge surrounding the site and, as Dexysback says, most doodles are too busy running around with their chums and enjoying the campsite to be bothered investigating the perimeter fences (our lad is a definite 'one-off' in that respect :? ) Someone had asked whether the field had stock-proof fencing and when it was confirmed that there were no guarantees that a determined dood couldn't broach 'security', I decided I couldn't take the risk.

I did overhear one woman saying that her dood had taken off running and she'd been terrified that he wouldn't stop - and that would have been me if The Artful had been allowed off-lead... :( The Baby Wyre had a great time, running in huge circles and getting himself into mischief though - he was pegged down for his own good at times!

I've just checked the programme and 'Best Brace' came under Novelty Classes (open to all) - so if I'd had a twin sister, I reckon we could've entered too!! :lol:

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 02 Sep 2015, 17:05

Just caught up with this thread!! :? :o
Saw Anne, Ianto & Wyre at Carsington Water this afternoon (by pure chance... they live nearby we are in Ashbourne on holidays!!) and I caught a glimpse of Ianto's DF dog tag, same one that Austin has on! Didn't know they were at DF! :|

Austin was off lead all the time and had great fun stealing numerous tennis balls (apologies if one was yours) :lol: :roll:
We were there with The Expendoodles and it was good fun!
You may have seen him trotting about with his go pro on on Saturday night? He had a good boogie at the disco :wink:
Austin was shattered by the time we got home on Sunday night :)

Here's a few snaps
Jo & Auz XX

Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 03 Sep 2015, 00:04

Hi Jo!

I'd wondered whether to leave Ianto's and Wyre's tags on, but I like the way they rattle against their usual ones and give me a clue what they're up to.... And now I know that it's a brilliant way of meeting up with other Doodlefesters...!

Hope you enjoyed your day, despite the rain. Our two were pretty dirty by the time we came home, so they both had to go for a paddle in the bath. Unfortunately, I let go of Ianto's collar for a split second.... he was out of the bath, out of the bathroom and into the study in the twinkling of an eye. (And the study has a very pale cream carpet :shock: ) He did a merry lap of honour before escaping back into the hall and slipping past the OH into the kitchen (where he was eventually corralled, with his head in the bag of picnic food... :roll: )

I know I should have been horrified, but he looked such a picture of joyful mischievousness, I couldn't help giving him a huge hug - but only after he'd been 'blasted' dry.... :wink: I've missed that boy!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 03 Sep 2015, 00:11

Anne, you have restored my faith. Posting late at night and Ianto up to mischief - near perfect! 8) :lol:

Jo, long time.Thanks for posting photos from Doodlefest. :D first I have seen. Austin is looking in good form too :D

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 03 Sep 2015, 14:09

I'm keeping Austin's tag on too. I love the way it jangles against his other THREE tags :lol: It drives Paul nuts, but I like it, so..... :wink:

He wasn't dirty at all when we got home, which will come as a HUGE shock to anyone who knows what he is normally like :shock:
It was very hot at DF again this year wasn't it! Auz had a shady lie down numerous times with his cool cloth on his back, and I just don't do heat at all!!

We didn't stay at Carsington long yesterday. We wasted an hour of our 2 hour ticket hiding from the rain!! :| We are off to do the monsal trail shortly

Pollydoodle, yes he is in good form. He's still as naughty though! He's lost a little timber as I have been monitoring him since he was neutered in Jan as he started to get fatter. I just reduced his raw and he's tip top now! :o

J & A xx
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage