Surprises.....

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Coco and Annie

Surprises.....

Post by Coco and Annie » 03 Sep 2015, 16:19

Yoshi, our supposed mini Aussie doodle is now not so mini - 19 inches to the shoulder at 8 1/2 months and still growing.

Well, it's value for money per inch I guess :lol:

Just shows, you don't always get what's in the tin. Unpredictability is good :D

Annie, Coco and Yoshi x

Research

Re: Surprises.....

Post by Research » 03 Sep 2015, 17:44

What a beauty!

We are getting our first Australian Labradoodle on 21st September. So excited!

Alice and Megan

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 03 Sep 2015, 20:45

Fantastic.

Tell us more about your new pup.....breeder, size, colour etc....
X

Research

Post by Research » 04 Sep 2015, 20:11

We are collecting our pup from Heather at Burnbrae Australian Labradoodles on 21st September. Have seen photos and she is gorgeous. Black, small standard, bundle of fun. Not seen her in the flesh yet but I know we will not be disappointed. Heather has been very helpful all along, keeping us up to date with photos and e- mails. I am slightly concerned regarding journey home, we live in Lincolnshire- any tips for a stress free journey would be appreciated. Will post photos as soon as soon as I can work out how to do it!

Alice and Megan

susiet

Post by susiet » 05 Sep 2015, 10:02

Australia to Lincolnshire........quite a trek Alice! :lol: :lol:

No honestly I think it's generally easiest to have someone in the back of the car with pup on your lap on a cosy fleece. They seem to like to the security and warmth and settle down for a good long snooze. Its a nice bit of bonding time time too. :D I think being put in a crate in the boot is quite scarely for little' ens and you might be in for a distressing, noisy time home.

How exciting by the way! Hope it all goes well! Good Luck :D :D

Susie :D :D
Flora Doodle

susiet

Post by susiet » 05 Sep 2015, 10:07

Oooops meant to say how gorgeous Yoshi is! What a lovely photo :D :D I bet he gets cuddled to death by passing children :lol: :lol:

He's the same size as my Flo atm - just perfect size! :wink:

Look forward to seeing some more photos.

Susie x
Flora Doodle

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 05 Sep 2015, 12:32

Burnbrae is a great breeder. We almost got our pup from them but the mum Wee Red failed to fall pregnant and I'm afraid we were too impatient to wait a few months for the next litter and went to Tora's instead.

We brought Yoshi home in the car on my lap - 3 hours drive. He was fine and slept most of the way. We didn't stop and he didn't disgrace himself on my lap.

Enjoy your bundle of fun. I'm quite jealous really.

Xxx

scooby Dood

Post by scooby Dood » 05 Sep 2015, 20:28

When we collected Scooby from Worcester she placed her bum on my lap and head on my chest and fell asleep for most of the journey back to Caerleon. As soon as she was out of the car she was sick bless her. She has never looked back
Scooby Dood, Andrea & Kerry

AdamK

Post by AdamK » 06 Sep 2015, 09:04

Ah Yoshi is gorgeous, my boys cats are called Mario & Luigi, we refused to allow them to pick the pups name or it would have probably been Princess Peach :lol:

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 06 Sep 2015, 22:50

Hi Annie!
Good to see an update on Yoshi... he's lovely. Our Scottish lad (Wyre) is just 9 months old and definitely still a mini... though it's difficult to get him to stay still to measure him :roll:
I've got a bloomin' advert stuck across my screen at the moment so can't see who asked about travelling back with a new puppy (sorry) but we travelled down from Lomond Hills in Fife to Derbyshire with Wyre... We did it in one day, stopping for a 'comfort break' at Gretna (where it was so icy in the car park we didn't let him out of the car and let him wee and pooh on newspaper in the footwell). Then we left Scotland and, because he was happy and settled, we made straight home. We'd booked in at a hotel at Scotch Corner in case the weather was bad, or the pup wasn't happy, but cancelled it. As it was, he travelled all the way in my husband's arms, with blankets and a couple of puppy toys - and food and water, of course. After the long trip through Scotland, the trip down England was a doddle!
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

(Sorry, Alice and Megan... just checked your post again!)

LucyDoods

Post by LucyDoods » 07 Sep 2015, 11:19

I also have a Tora doodle, Lucy is a medium and is just over 9 months old.

She wont stand still long enough for me to measure her, but she is smaller than I thought she would be. I had first pick of the liter, and she was the largest girl and one of the biggest out of all 10 pups. She is definately petite though.

Not that I would change her for the world. We love her to bits. Everyone thinks shes a cockerpoo, probably because of her colour and big ears.