We have been working on our recall today

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
AdamK

We have been working on our recall today

Post by AdamK » 03 Oct 2015, 17:04

Poppy is now 17 weeks and passed her the foundation stage at puppy training on Wednesday.

Today we took a walk out to the estuary and was working on some off the lead recalls & she was as good as gold. She even went back on the lead when another dog came bounding towards her.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Ianto!

Re: We have been working on our recall today

Post by Ianto! » 03 Oct 2015, 22:19

Wow, clever girl Poppy, congratulations! Good work. Beautiful photos, too - you have a lovely family - thanks for sharing with us. :D
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

P.S. Do you think we should we tell AdamK about the 'cloth ears' stage yet? :wink:

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 04 Oct 2015, 14:01

hmm Anne I was wondering whether to mention that, or maybe let us know about the teenage stage - nah let them learn, they may well miss it unlike our wonderfully behaved pups

Well done though to Poppy and love the photos - keep them coming
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 04 Oct 2015, 19:03

Doodle Dee wrote:hmm Anne I was wondering whether to mention that, or maybe let us know about the teenage stage - nah let them learn, they may well miss it unlike our wonderfully behaved pups
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dee... x
Anne et al

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 04 Oct 2015, 22:32

Ianto! wrote:
Doodle Dee wrote:hmm Anne I was wondering whether to mention that, or maybe let us know about the teenage stage - nah let them learn, they may well miss it unlike our wonderfully behaved pups
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dee... x
Anne et al
TERRIBLE LADIES ! :lol: The pair of you :wink:

AdamK, fab day to be out and super photos. Love the one where she is running to the kiddies. :D
Wondering if you shall trim the fur in front of her eyes some time? Be lovely to see her eyes in the photos. 8) my preference, anyway.

Ps:AdamK, I shall tell you abt my 7 yr old now starting to be cheeky and only comes back /recalls after rolling in fox poo if she finds it :roll: BUT don't tell Dee and Anne, they think they are past the naughty stages with their doodles! Hah! :wink: :D

AdamK

Post by AdamK » 05 Oct 2015, 13:04

Thanks ladies, nice try but my little pup is an angel and will always stay that way :mrgreen:

If she rolls in fox poo she can stay away :lol: , she has already had a sneaky taste of the cats poo that was freshly dispensed in the litter tray, you sure have to be on your toes all the time.

I am desperate to see the eyes, I agree you should always have good eye contact in a photo! I want to grab the scissors but don't want to receive the scorn from her who must be obeyed :twisted: anything for a quiet life

Oscar2011

Post by Oscar2011 » 05 Oct 2015, 17:32

Oscar has gone all flirty and silly and the sight of Poppy's photo's. Beautiful.. :D

Oscar & hoomans.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Crazy flying dog,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5aKvfznuQ

Life of a Labradoodle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFkOb39sv4

AdamK

Post by AdamK » 07 Oct 2015, 11:24

Ooh Oscar Poppy is flattered.

What were you ladies saying the other day .........Well today I learnt that a tasty treat is in no competition for a great big muddy puddle & that the recall needs a teeny little bit more work :? . It appears that she is not scared of a little mud, loves doing belly flops in really muddy puddles & going completely berserk trying to share her mud with me. After much chasing, name calling & slipping & sliding I managed to seize Poppy whilst she was taking time out to do her business, just as well the call of nature happened or I could have been there all day!

Today we had to walk the slightly different route through the orchard than normal as they are taking a bulldozer to one side and flattening it all :cry: perhaps the sound of a chainsaw made it even more exciting for Poppy doing her Forrest Gump impression.

A bath quickly followed & a shower for me from Poppy, she is now off sulking in the corner, or possibly dreaming of the next muddy puddle.

Bid

Post by Bid » 07 Oct 2015, 20:25

Ha ha - I see there are no photos of the muddy Poppy! :wink: :lol: :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 07 Oct 2015, 21:56

Oh, I would say it is odds on that she is dreaming of her next muddy adventure!! At least you can't say we didn't warn you - kinda... :roll: :lol: You're a real Doodle now, Pops!

And Pollydoodle, I don't even dare to imagine that our Ianto has grown up, and out, of his antics.... in fact, I fully expect them to continue even beyond the Rainbow Bridge - it's who he is! (Bless 'im...) :D

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

AdamK

Post by AdamK » 08 Oct 2015, 13:45

You are not wrong there Bid! I forgot to take my mobile with me and when we got home she went straight in the bath & I only took an after photo :lol:

I sent an email to my wife and she had a good laugh with her colleagues saying "I told him her recall needed work". Still she wasn't smiling much last night when Poppy was a pickle in the new puppy class, she wouldn't sit for her, after class she was doing it fine for me :wink:

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 08 Oct 2015, 18:42

I was at class on Tuesday evening with young Wyre... A young couple were trying to get their Rhodesian Ridgeback, Indy, to sit. After several failed attempts I couldn't help the words falling from my lips - "I thought that was a brand of washing machine...!"
Breaks the ice... :roll:
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 08 Oct 2015, 21:27

Ianto! wrote:I was at class on Tuesday evening with young Wyre... A young couple were trying to get their Rhodesian Ridgeback, Indy, to sit. After several failed attempts I couldn't help the words falling from my lips - "I thought that was a brand of washing machine...!"
Breaks the ice... :roll:
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x
:lol: :lol:
Ooh that is a good one Anne, 10 points!

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 08 Oct 2015, 21:32

....don't encourage me, Pollydoodle....! :wink: :lol:
Anne et al x