Poorly Jethro

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
linny

Poorly Jethro

Post by linny » 20 Dec 2015, 18:36

Those of you who know Jethro will be sad to hear that he has been diagnosed with a malignant tumour in his back.
He had an operation on Friday to remove it so at the moment he's a very sad boy.
The wound is huge as the vet removed a large area of healthy tissue around the mass to try and give a good safety margin beyond the tumour
To say we are devastated at this diagnosis in such a young dog (2.5 yrs) is an understatement (especially after losing Huggy to cancer at 3 years :( )
I first noticed a small swelling two weeks ago and took him straight to the vet. Initially she thought it was a cyst caused by an ingrowing hair but she decided to take a biopsy to be on the safe side and I am so glad that she did. Once we had the biopsy report back he was booked in for his op.
On the positive side his chest xrays are clear and there's no sign of any spread so all fingers are firmly crossed for a positive outcome.

Pollydoodle

Re: Poorly Jethro

Post by Pollydoodle » 20 Dec 2015, 19:00

:shock:
Oh crud, Linny!
So sorry to read about Jethro. :( and that you have to deal with this again :? Wishing him a speedy recovery and that the op is the last of it. Fingers and toes crossed! Sending healing, positive vibes 'down the road'.
Take care
Mx

kobi&jazz

Post by kobi&jazz » 20 Dec 2015, 19:18

So sorry to hear your news Linny - poor little Jethro :( .
Sending massive hugs and healing vibes to you and Jethro.
Do keep us posted. XXX

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 20 Dec 2015, 19:31

I am so sorry to hear your news ,poor boy and you ,for having to go through this again .I just hope they have got it and he recovers quickly ,do hope they have given him plenty of pain relief.
ImageImage

Sarahdol75

Post by Sarahdol75 » 20 Dec 2015, 23:11

So sorry to hear this. xx
ImageImage

taffyjack

Post by taffyjack » 21 Dec 2015, 00:45

Oh Linny, am so sorry to read your news of poor Jethro.
An awful time for you all and so unfair after losing your crazy boy Huggy so early in his eventful life.
Sending best wishes and wishing Jethro a speedy and full recovery.........

Love Sue, Olga and Lottie xx
ImageImage]

linny

Post by linny » 21 Dec 2015, 10:20

Thanks for your supportive posts ......I am still reeling from this diagnosis :shock:
It really shows that any lump or swelling no matter how small or insignificant is worth a trip to the vet.
Jethro is a little brighter today but still zonked out on Tramadol.
We had to go back to the vet yesterday as he had a build up of fluid (despite having 8 drains around his wound) They are hoping that the body will reabsorb it but if it continues to fill it will mean more drains :(
Winter Solstice tomorrow....my favourite day.....let's hope that with the return of the sun our luck will also take a turn for the better :)

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 Dec 2015, 10:56

Some things are just so unfair! You really are due a change in luck Linny!

Poor little Jethro - I hope he feels happier soon, and that all is clear from now on. CHristmas candles will be lit for him.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Harvey Doodle

Post by Harvey Doodle » 21 Dec 2015, 11:27

Oh Linny

So sorry to hear about Jethro; especially after losing my great mate Huggy at such an early age.

We all hope and pray that the vet has caught it early enough and he recovers from his op.

Love from us all
Ken, Marion & Harvey
ImageImage

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 21 Dec 2015, 18:00

So sorry to read this, life can be so unfair sometimes, let's hope you've caught it in time xx

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

annvinton

Post by annvinton » 22 Dec 2015, 17:52

Oh Linny,
I'm so sorry to read this about Jethro.
We will keep our paws and fingers crossed.
I also celebrate the solstice and consider it to be the start of the New Year so here's hoping its a much better one.

Ann & Ben
xxx

ImageImage

stout

Post by stout » 23 Dec 2015, 14:01

Oh poor Jethro. Eveything crossed here!

This year has been pants, my nan died at the end of November just to top it all off. I will be pleased to see the back of it. Fingers crossed 2016 is better :D
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Masil

Post by Masil » 24 Dec 2015, 00:36

Oh Linny - we are so sorry to hear about the lovely Jethro. Sending him a big, gentle hug and one for you too xx

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 24 Dec 2015, 09:54

Haven't been on for while and saw this and I'm sorry to hear about jethro. Hopefully it will all be good and you will post that soon. Sending you lots of hugs xxx
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

jackieholmes19

Post by jackieholmes19 » 27 Dec 2015, 21:15

I haven't been on for a while either. So sorry. Hopefully he'll mend and be a strong boy again xx
Jackie & Bella
Xxx