*That* look.....!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Ianto!

*That* look.....!

Post by Ianto! » 31 Mar 2016, 18:18

Walking the pupster around the pleasant country lanes surrounding our village this afternoon, I chanced upon three Labrador-walking 'country' types... In all fairness to them, I have to say that as soon as they saw my lad was on a lead, they called their choccie Lab back and leashed it. :)

"Oh, he's nice!" the young woman said, "He is a Poodle, isn't he?"
"No," I replied blithely, "He's a miniature Labradoodle!" :wink:
The smile froze on her face and the party moved on without another word said...
As they disappeared 'round the corner I heard her saying, "... a Labrador crossed with a Poodle...." Fortunately, I'm a little hard of hearing and I was unable to hear any further comments...
We carried on our merry way - leaving her to deal with her chagrin... :roll:

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x
(P.S. The Devil made me do it!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

We5Kings

Re: *That* look.....!

Post by We5Kings » 01 Apr 2016, 09:08

The weird thing is I've had people disagree with me when I say "He's a Labradoodle"! They say " He must be a collie cross" " He's a Standard Poodle" "He's an Old English Sheepdog Cross" even "He's a Porty!"( What? a Portugese water dog) As if I don't know!! :roll:

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 01 Apr 2016, 17:55

No words. Again
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 02 Apr 2016, 00:31

We5Kings wrote:The weird thing is I've had people disagree with me when I say "He's a Labradoodle"! They say " He must be a collie cross" " He's a Standard Poodle" "He's an Old English Sheepdog Cross" even "He's a Porty!"( What? a Portugese water dog) As if I don't know!! :roll:
....to which you reply, "Oh! Of course....! Silly me!!" :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 04 Apr 2016, 23:15

On holiday once, a woman ran across the road to see Austin "Oh he's lovely"... I said yes, Labradoodle
"Oh no no no no. No. Noooooo. That's not what I like. It's a poodle I like... yes a poodle". Then she snottily walked off
She loved my handsome dog not 30 seconds earlier, then suddenly he was poo on her shoe
Weirdo :lol:
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

We5Kings

Post by We5Kings » 05 Apr 2016, 12:41

Nice to see you again, I've always loved that pic of Austin in his hoody! We get that thing about Dude being a Standard poodle whenever we go out and about and the "Oh dear" if I put them right :shock: Anny

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 05 Apr 2016, 23:01

Her loss, Jo! I always have to have a chuckle when Poodle peeps get their come-uppance....! (although some Poodle peeps are quite nice to my lad...) My favourite was in East Looe when we were approached by a woman who loved our Iant... until I told her he was a 'doodle. She couldn't get away quickly enough... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

stout

Post by stout » 06 Apr 2016, 21:34

We once had two ladies who came to say hello to stout in his favourite pet shop. Of course they asked what breed, after saying labradoodle we got chatting, and explained he was an f2 as his mum and dad are both doodles. One of them then told us he wasn't a labradoodle then as that is a cross between a labrador and a poodle :shock: :?: . They ended up having an argument about it.

I am not entirely sure what she thought his breed is, coz surely he can't be a bitzer if mum and dad are the same breed :?

We left feeling confused but amused :lol:
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 06 Apr 2016, 21:57

Our Iant is a 'bitzer'... he was supposed to be a Labradoodle, but when I did a DNA test, he turned out to be a Poogredor (3/4 miniature poodle, Greyhound in the last three generations, and Labrador - though possibly a Curly Coated Retriever....) He is also a completely loveable rogue.... and as daft as a brush with a mind like a steel trap!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: And we love the little blighter to bits... :D
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

We5Kings

Post by We5Kings » 07 Apr 2016, 12:26

When we took Dude to puppy class the trainer said "Is he a Labradoodle?" I said " Yes, his parents and Grandparents are Labradoodles" and she said "Well, he's certainly NOT a Labradoodle then! He's just a crossbreed!"
Daft old bat! Next time we went I took along Dudes "family tree" from his Mums side to show her he had Labradoodle parents, grandparents and beyond that Standard poodles and Labs. She said "Well, there you are then. NOT a Labradoodle! And, what's the father?" I didn't have his Family Tree but I had been told Dudes Great Grandfather was "The famous Cosmo"( I didn't know about him) I said I didn't care one way or the other, but she was quite nasty about it all!!Anny