First season

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
KatyM

First season

Post by KatyM » 23 Apr 2016, 17:24

We have decided not to have Winnie spayed until she is fully grown. When do you think that would be? I was thinking around 12-18 months. Which means almost certainly she will have had her first season. When did any of your girls have their first season? I am a little concerned because we have a holiday booked at the end of August when Winnie will be about 8 1/2 months old. Im worried that she will have her first season while we are away and I won't be here for her! :( Do you think 8 1/2 months would be early? I have read about what happens during their season but any advise/ information would be much appreciated.

Bid

Re: First season

Post by Bid » 23 Apr 2016, 18:19

Daisy was a year old, and Poppy 18 months when they had their first seasons. I can't really give much advice as they just breezed through them - very little mood change, and they kept themselves clean. I didn't walk them apart from a couple of times really early in the mornings on the farm that isn't open to the public.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 23 Apr 2016, 19:56

Tess was 6 months. :shock: xx
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 23 Apr 2016, 20:51

Lulu was just under 6 months. I was going to New Zealand for three weeks and my friends were having her and I couldn't risk her coming into season whilst with them for my own reasons. The vet said it was okay. My holiday was booked before I got her

Im sure all dogs are different with their seasons and the tine they get them
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage