'Proper' dogs...

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Ianto!

'Proper' dogs...

Post by Ianto! » 14 May 2016, 00:51

Our little family has been in the Peak District today, walking on one of the trails...
Both our lads were on their leads when we came across two older women walking two small dogs, neither of which were on the lead - and they didn't bother to call them back.
One dog passed us with its lip curled and carried on up the track, but the other decided it liked our Ianto and stopped to make his acquaintance...
"Oh look Ianto" says I, "that little dog is just like you, but smaller!"
"Is your dog a Poodle?" asked one of the women.
"No!" I replied blithely (as is my wont nowadays) "He's a Poodle cross! He's three-quarters Poodle..."
"Mine's a proper Poodle," says she...
"Oh," calls I, as we continue on our merry way, "It must be so nice to have a 'proper' dog...!" With just the right amount of sarcasm, I felt.... :wink:

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Brooks13

Re: 'Proper' dogs...

Post by Brooks13 » 14 May 2016, 07:30

:lol:

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 14 May 2016, 10:38

Perfect Anne :lol:
If you were to continue with those sort of retorts , you may end up with a personal invite from the Kennel Club begging you to join. After all tis all about attitude it seems!:roll:

Lovely spot for walking. Any chance of photos of doodles with magnificent views in the background?

linny

Post by linny » 14 May 2016, 22:17

I have a "proper" dog Anne ....it's called a Labradoodle.
I also met a breed snob at Dawlish Warren the other day .....she had a Parti Poodle and a standard Apricot, and at first she thought Ambrose was a Standard Poodle with a strange haircut :lol: ....conversation was cut short when I told her he was an F1b Labradoodle. ....some people ! :roll: :roll:

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 14 May 2016, 22:41

Oh dear Linny. If u see her again tell her no such thing as a parti poodle, doesn't she know(maybe you read it in the national press :wink: ) reportedly they all in fact parti Doodles! Give her something to think about until she gets home at least.

Bid

Post by Bid » 15 May 2016, 00:23

:lol: :lol: I usually say to that I have a very improper dog!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

o4d

Post by o4d » 17 May 2016, 21:56

Ianto! wrote:Our little family has been in the Peak District today, walking on one of the trails...
Both our lads were on their leads when we came across two older women walking two small dogs, neither of which were on the lead - and they didn't bother to call them back.
One dog passed us with its lip curled and carried on up the track, but the other decided it liked our Ianto and stopped to make his acquaintance...
"Oh look Ianto" says I, "that little dog is just like you, but smaller!"
"Is your dog a Poodle?" asked one of the women.
"No!" I replied blithely (as is my wont nowadays) "He's a Poodle cross! He's three-quarters Poodle..."
"Mine's a proper Poodle," says she...
"Oh," calls I, as we continue on our merry way, "It must be so nice to have a 'proper' dog...!" With just the right amount of sarcasm, I felt.... :wink:

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x
I would have said "and you're a proper swine"...then again, I have a bit of a temper

Sarahdol75

Post by Sarahdol75 » 18 May 2016, 11:34

We were in Wales at the weekend just going to the pub, we didnt have Harley with us, and we saw a lady walking with her dog, I said to my other half, "that dog looks like Harley, which he agreed", so as she came close to us I said to her "is that a labradoodle, she said" OMG, no it isnt, its a black russian terrier", I was like oh so sorry, explained that it was the spitting image of my dog, and she walked off in a huff, silly woman. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage