Remembering the Huggy Monster

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
linny

Remembering the Huggy Monster

Post by linny » 16 Jun 2016, 23:21

:( It's three years today (17/5/13) that my lovely boy crossed the bridge at only three years of age. :cry:
He was just such a character..... a lovable rogue who led us many a merry dance. :)
He was at times exasperating . but it was never hsrd to forgive him the raids on the fridge, the murdered soft toys from the chidren's bedrooms or the stolen pans of saute potatoes....the visits to Azda, the exiting by window when doors were securely locked and the stealing of all food not moved beyond the Huggy reach.
I would endure it all again if I could have him back.
Loved & missed every day.

Pollydoodle

Re: Remembering the Huggy Monster

Post by Pollydoodle » 17 Jun 2016, 00:43

Aww Linny, he lives on in your and many of our hearts.
(Still chuckle out loud when I recall his Asda meat aisle episode)
Take care:wink:
Mx

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 17 Jun 2016, 04:10

Such a young age but fitted quite a lot of humour in 3 years xx
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Masil

Post by Masil » 17 Jun 2016, 08:40

I would have loved to have met the legendary Huggy - a life well lived for sure. Thinking of you Linny xx

We5Kings

Post by We5Kings » 17 Jun 2016, 09:23

Oh Linny, I'm shedding a tear. What wonderful photos of a really special boy. With love Anny and Dude X

annvinton

Post by annvinton » 17 Jun 2016, 10:55

Have watery eyes remembering the loveable rogue.

Some dogs are just extra special and Huggy was one of them.

He only had a short time with you ............ but Oh Boy did he fill that time.

Hugs to you, Licks from Ben and love to all the crew,

Ann & Ben

ImageImage

Dillondood

Post by Dillondood » 17 Jun 2016, 15:23

:cry: :cry: :cry: Oh Linny :cry: :cry: :cry:
The huggy monster had the best time ever with you. No one would have been able to give him the life that you did. He was a challenge, a loveable rogue, and much loved. I think he lives on a little bit inside another fella :twisted:
Huggy, you will never be forgotten xxx
Dillon, Darcy & Ruth

stout

Post by stout » 17 Jun 2016, 22:40

Big hugs to you linny.

He definitely lived his all too short life to the full and left lots of memories. I also still chuckle at his shopping trip!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Harvey Doodle

Post by Harvey Doodle » 18 Jun 2016, 17:02

I can't believe it's 3 years, where does the time fly. I still have many fond memories of meeting Huggy at the Diehard meets and reading of all his antics.
The shopping trip to ASDA (unaccompanied) deserves a chapter of its own in Doodle history.

Love from us all
Ken, Marion & Harvey
ImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 18 Jun 2016, 21:51

Awww - he was a dog in a million for so many reasons!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

linny

Post by linny » 19 Jun 2016, 13:14

Thank you all.......I will never ever forget Huggy.
From the moment I collected him from Exeter services I fell in Love.
Mrs Admin and I met the transport and when they opened the boot this HUGE 49 kilos of trouble lolled into my life.
I love all of my dogs but I soon knew there was something special about this one in particular....Barb's email had said "Unruly 10 month Doodle" and being one who loves the challenge of unruly dogs I was happy to foster him....in truth I thought I had met my nemesis. :shock: He had been through several homes in his first ten months of life and was a rule only unto himself :roll:
Huggy had a really high intellect and needed constant stimulation ....he was always busy and if he wasn't then he was up to no good. :roll:
He learned very quickly so training was fairly easy if it was something that Huggy was happy to do but if he didn't then he was a nightmare.
Our home resembled Colditz because Huggy could open any door and as we soon found out ....any window..... :roll:
As he came to the end of his second year ...we had an acceptable level of behaviour and he had become my friend. He was so loving and affectionate with the children and despite his size was always careful around them. but because of his many issues I didn't think Huggy was suitable for rehoming so after a family vote it was decided that we would adopt him.
I often used to think that he was not meant for this world and that was proved true when his cancer was diagnosed as inoperable :cry:
To any of you reading this and thinking of adopting from the Trust I would say....DO...consider giving a home to the unruly pup (as long as you are willing to give him/her consistent ungoing training anf loads of your time ) the rewards are great but be careful of your heart ...they can break it so easily.

Dillondood

Post by Dillondood » 19 Jun 2016, 20:30

Linny that post has made me cry big time.
What a boy he was, taken way too soon xxxxx
Dillon, Darcy & Ruth

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 20 Jun 2016, 17:58

Gorgeous Huggy and big-hearted Linny. - sounds like it was the perfect combination! .....until you meet again......

X

Sharan

Post by Sharan » 22 Jun 2016, 08:10

Everything's gone blurry :cry:
What a lovely post - and very true how quickly these gorgeous animals take over your heart. As someone never having had a dog before (although i've had other animals) i now realise i can't be without one.
I've had people say it's too heartbreaking to have to a dog because when you lose them it's too painful but I read a quote once saying "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - even if it's not directed at animals that's how i feel. Just happy to have had a life with them at all.
Thinking of you xxxx
ImageImage

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 28 Jun 2016, 17:26

Lovely handsome special boy.
ImageImage