Should I be offended!?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Jolly jo

Should I be offended!?

Post by Jolly jo » 18 Jun 2016, 07:42

This is going to sound an odd thing to wonder about but Daisy, 18 weeks, chooses not to curl up at my feet or sit on the settee in the evenings or during quiet time in the day. When she wants to sleep she usually goes to a brick hearth or the kitchen floor.
I invite her up on the settee but rarely does she stay. I would love her to do this but she jumps up, sniffs around sits for a bit before jumping off and finding her bricks!
She also has a super soft Wolfie bed which she lies next to, but not in!
Any thoughts? Anyone else's doodle choose to sleep in unexpected places?

Doodle Dee

Re: Should I be offended!?

Post by Doodle Dee » 18 Jun 2016, 21:04

Yep. Sometimes Lulu cuddles up on my lap and then jumps off and sits on the door mat! Or goes upstairs to sleep
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 18 Jun 2016, 21:41

It is hot for them this time of year - Daisy is currently lying on the cold tiles. She is a hot dog anyway and likes a cold surface to lie on. As she is almost 10 now and has arthritis I prefer her to lie on something soft so I have just bought her a raised bed so the air can circulate and she is on something soft - much to my surprise she loves it!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

stout

Post by stout » 18 Jun 2016, 23:03

Stout won't sleep on a dog bed. He usually sleeps under or by the side (against the fireplace) of our bed. If we put a bed under there he kicks it out. He has a crate at work with a bed in it which he moves to sleep on the plastic floor. The only time he ever slept on a bed was when he was poorly :cry: . He is a fan of the wood floor in the lounge for daytime snoozing!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Jolly jo

Post by Jolly jo » 19 Jun 2016, 06:40

Dogs are funny! Daisy is currently in her wolfie bed in the sitting room with me but only because she has stolen a shoe and is waiting for me to go and get it. I think she thinks I can't see her and/or the shoes if she sits there.
It's good to hear how other dogs are also fans of hard floors - and it might be because they are cool too. Someone suggested a wet tea towel when it warms up again on the floor which sounded like a good idea.