How cold is cold

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Doodle Dee

How cold is cold

Post by Doodle Dee » 11 Jan 2018, 09:01

I have been invite to a doggy walk where there is lots of water. Someone please n the post said she had water dogs and it was just too cold. I never thought of it before, so us she right? Is it ever too cold for dogs to go swimming?
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Sarahdol75

Re: How cold is cold

Post by Sarahdol75 » 11 Jan 2018, 12:33

Harley loves water he will go swimming all year round if he gets his way, we cant stop him from jumping in the icy river in December, or the sea. Harley doesnt know if its cold but he doesnt care :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

stout

Re: How cold is cold

Post by stout » 11 Jan 2018, 21:44

Stout doesn't seem to feel the cold and will leap into icy puddles/lakes. I think he has a double coat and although the outside bit stays wet for a while the bit nearest his skin dries really quickly, maybe that helps to keep him toasty. Our friends working cocker spaniel gets cold quickly, we were looking after him and took him and stout for a walk in the rain (it was quite chilly), the poor little thing was shivering when we got home, stout was fine!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle