including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 23 Jun 2018, 12:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: What's the chances.
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2018, 22:10 

We recently sold our house and moved on to our narrow boat. Until the weather bucks up, we are living in a marina.
There are some lovely walks around here and Ted and Mable have made some great new doggy buddies. One of their new pals is a labradoodle called Monty.
Any way to cut a long story short it turns out Ted and Monty are brothers .
I'm made up,it isn't often you find out what has happened to other pups from the same litter.
Ted doodle(and Mabel)

Post subject: Re: What's the chances.
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 11:36 

Wow... isn't that a great chance meeting :) : :) :) ...
There are brothers here on the forum who walked with the Devon Diehards,they also met up by chance ...Harvey & Ben are like identical twins and their meeting up means they see each other frequently and their owners have also become firm friends.
Would love to find some of my doods siblings.
Hope you maintain contact.....did the boys seem to recognise each other??????

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 17:22 

Not sure they recognised one another.
Ted loves all digs and people. Mabel is more indifferent but made friends almost straight away with Monty.
We have had a few meets and walks together that is how all this came out.
Shame we can't find out about the other six but then again you never know.
Ted doodle( and Mabel)

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 21:14 

I would love to meet Zeus's siblings he came from Cavehill Labradoodle in Belfast and my daughter who walks Zeus has been stopped numerous times and asked where we purchased him from .

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 21:49 

That's amazing. It's a funny and natural thing to wish for them to meet a brother or sister.
We met Tessy's brother which was very odd. We passed him in the car on the way to work near to where we got her from and he was so like her we stopped the car and jumped out and accosted the poor woman.

We asked her where he was from and we where right. It was her brother Charlie!
The odd thing is she was absolutely terrified of him and cowered and shook and hid behind me. She hated him! She's never reacted like that before or since. I wonder if he was a real bitey bully and she remembered him. I think there were lots of boys and I can remember one was an absolute wild hooligan. Disappointing as you have such lovely notions of them being so pleased to see each other! :roll: :lol:

xxx

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 01:07 

Beamish has met one of his brothers and was like any other dog with him, but Daisy has known one of her sisters all her life, and they clearly have a special relationship different to other dogs they have always known. Each time they meet they are initially very excited, but then they settle down and trot along together, looking at each other and communicating silently. One will give the other the "look", and suddenly they will dart off to do something they oughtn't to do. They have identical barks and mannerisms even though they look completely different and have different personalities. It's been an absolute joy to see them grow up together!