Fences for labradoodles - how high and the best type?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Milo17

Fences for labradoodles - how high and the best type?

Post by Milo17 » 30 Mar 2018, 14:15

Hi,
I'm moving house and thinking of fences. The house I am moving to has low hedges so something has to be done because my dog Milo can bounce high although he is a mini-labradoodle. He is also very determined. He hasn't yet jumped over a fence, but he has never been in a garden next to a road before. When finding out about fencing regs. I discovered in UK that 1 metre height is the max without planning permission. Would a 1 metre traditional cast iron fence (that Milo can't chew) hold in a mini bouncy labradoodle? If not does anyone have fencing suggestions that look nice and have passed planning permission previously, but are labradoodle-safe?

Pollydoodle

Re: Fences for labradoodles - how high and the best type?

Post by Pollydoodle » 01 Apr 2018, 12:45

Good luck with the move!
The iron fence sounds nice though remember f they can get head through I think they can get body through. If you are rural would good ole stock fence type work and let the hedges grow up a bit.
Planning permission with fences on road is more I believe to do with if you are creating obstruction. Give the local council a ring...