including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 12:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Where is everyone?
PostPosted: 18 May 2018, 21:28 

Hi there we5kings and susiet lovely to hear from you both again.
How is the West Country? Have you settled in and met many doods? I can believe Dude was still a pup at heart, Holly still surprises me with her antics at 51/2 people think she is still a young pup with her bounce and enthusiasm for life. So glad he has settled after his snip have heard this from quite a few owners. As I said Holly loves her Raw food the benefits have been numerous. Only downside is making sure there is a freezer in the cottage when we holiday away. No more holidays abroad now but so many stunning places to visit in Britain including lovely Cornwall.
Like you Susiet I think I would have hit the bottle and the Valium if it had not been for LA help and many amusing anecdotes. I remember dear Flora her sweet face and clean moustache, Holly's moustache is rarely clean always stuffed into something unsavoury.
Still trying to add a photo on the system Sarahdol mentioned but I don't get any better with tech stuff.
Take care all enjoy the weather

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 21:41 

Hi Kathie, I haven't posted for ages as I assumed everyone had jumped ship and I guess others thought likewise (how stupid are we) :roll: . When I saw your post I felt compelled to reply. Thank goodness someone had the common sense to drag us back out of the woodwork.

I was trying to remember where it was you moved to. We too are finally moving from Hangleton and are in the process of buying a Bungalow as I now need to be on one level.

It is so nice to see some of the old names again. A big HELLO to you allImage Facebook and Twitter seem to have rounded everyone up like the 'Pied Piper'! Photobucket was the final 'nail in the coffin' now we can't see all our lovely doodles faces anymore. They really used to brighten my day. I have spent the last two hours trying to find a hosting site I feel comfortable with but reviews seem to leave me feeling more unsure about using them. :(

I too chose not to belong to the big 'F' or 'T' and so we pay the price unfortunately.

Susiet I miss Flo and the Surrey Strollers but can no longer participate or follow their antics. Say hello to those who remember us when you next see them.

Archie is busy wowing his pubic as usual 8) We recently stayed with some friends in France and went for an evening meal at a quaint village restaurant. A party of fourteen arrived after we were seated and were placed on a long table in the middle of the room. Archie who is always excellent in such circumstances was already snoring quietly partly hidden by the table and tucked behind my hubby. When we had finished our food and got up to leave Archie emerged and our friends told us to turn around. We were amazed to see the entire table with their faces turned and gawping at Archie with exclamations of 'C'est Magnifique'. I was so tempted to take a photo and capture the moment but of course it would have been too rude.
He tends to have this effect over there as Doods are rarely seen. If only we had a £1 for every time we have been asked his breed we'd be rich by now. :)

So proud of our boy.

PostPosted: 20 May 2018, 12:01 

Oh Tynerbell and Archie how lovely to hear from you again. I was so upset to see the demise of this forum and so glad there may be a chance to liven it up again if only to give us non FB and twit users somewhere to chat.
We moved to Worthing and love it here are you going to be near? Love to see you again. Good luck with the bl...y awful system of house buying we have here, at a time when you need to have some input with the biggest purchase your likely to make, it is taken out of your hands and your left dangling for bits of info.
I know how Archie must feel with the constant admiration Holly gets plenty, you are never alone with a doodle in fact we only just get round the area without people stopping me to ask "what is it? I too would be a rich woman. On the whole they are lovely people, on the pier last year an outing of elderly folk from a local care home were having a camera competition to find the best/interesting photo, during our walk round 3 separate wheelchair bound folk with their carers asked to photograph Holly to win the comp.
Keep in touch let me know where you are when settled.
Take care best wishes to hubby and of course Archie xx Kathie

PostPosted: 21 May 2018, 03:21 

Nice to be back kathie. I thought you had moved to Cornwell, I must be getting you mixed up with someone else on here. My memory was always bad but now there's just a lump of jelly where a brain used to be :roll: All things being equal we are moving to Sompting. Fingers crossed so probably not far away. It would be nice to meet up again.

Let's hope the forum can get kickstarted again, it used to be such a good one. If only somebody could come up with a safe option for picture posting I'm sure that would help a lot. Come on all you 'techies' get your thinking caps on. :) Being able to see the newcomers was what gave us the bond with each other.

It's 3.00am at the moment. Yes I'm also in the insomniacs club. Mind buzzing with the move and millions of worries and anxieties, all probably trivial or irrelevant! Archie is lying at my feet sighing heavily from time to time having resigned himself to the mad woman once again messing up his beauty sleep. Staring at this screen probably isn't helping the case.

I'll start logging in more regularly in the hope some more dood lovers care to join us with their reports of 'life with the clowns of the dog world'.

Night night all Image

PostPosted: 21 May 2018, 22:13 

Hi Sharron Sompting is local so would love one day when you are settled for the doods to meet up. Anny with her doodle Dude moved to Cornwall
At that time it seemed lots of people were on the move, we were in Derbyshire on holiday when our house move was finalised as the date had been passed by 2-3 times, definately a double brandy that night.
Wish you well with the move.
Still not found way to add photos.
Talk soon
Xx Kathie and Holly

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 14:09 

kathiedoodle have you tried this, it so easy to use

https://postimages.org/

press choose image, pick from where on your computer/phone you want it from

keep it at 15inch monitor

right click hotlink for forums and copy and then paste on here

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 14:48 

Oh thanks for that Sarah. I'm going to have a go with that and see if I can get some pics up at last!!

PostPosted: 23 May 2018, 00:52 

Hi kathie, yes it would be lovely to see you and Holly again. If the house move looks like it is going to take a while I will try and make a meetup beforehand. :)

PostPosted: 23 May 2018, 08:11 

Morning Sarahdol, bright and very breezy here today. Not me or Holly who is flat out across the bed, little room for us :roll: She is on her blanket and only jumps up in the morning for her extra comfy beauty sleep. Harley's coat looks super. Do you cut and groom?
Well I have tried and tried to use your suggestion for adding photos, are you using iPad or laptop/ pc ? I am obviously a techno twit!!
Hi Susiet have you had a go at Sarahdol's photo site? I love to see the new pups and our golden oldies.
Got grotty job today with Holly all her nails need a clip, the dew claws are my main worry as the groomer really cut one too short and we had a blood bath. So Holly not too keen on the idea now but they have to be done back feet ok but some a bit rough around the edges but the front defiantly need a trim as groomer did not do them this time. Holly has her 6 month health check in June hopeing her weight has not changed too much.

PostPosted: 23 May 2018, 21:47 

Hi kathiedoodle, Im using a laptop, does that make a difference!!!!

I only groom harley twice a year, we love his coat, rough and shaggy, :lol: :lol: :lol: he does go swimming every single weekend in the river in wales, think thats why it looks so good.

PostPosted: 24 May 2018, 17:03 

Here goes Sarahdol trying for a photo :shock: Image
Whoopeeeeeee
Now I have to do it again just to make sure
Xx Kathie

PostPosted: 24 May 2018, 17:17 

Here goes again Holly at just 8 weeks

PostPosted: 24 May 2018, 17:28 

Yippee thanks Sarahdol waiting for Christamas last year

PostPosted: 24 May 2018, 18:00 

Yeah you did it, told you it was easy. :lol: :lol: once you knew how.

PostPosted: 24 May 2018, 18:12 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next