including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 16 Jun 2019, 05:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Planning a new Doddle
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2018, 16:51 

Hello,
I have not posted here apparently since 2011!! This is when we got our new 'doodle' Sadie who was not that well when we got her, ? a bit of a puppy farm poss.
Anyway she got sorted & now she is nearly 8. She is mad but so loving with all the traits ; loves water in any form (particularly dirty puddles), sensitive to funny noises, friendly to all and sundry (particularly men), does not like to be told off & can run off if out when she thinks you are cross with her. However, we love her & the breed.
So now we are researching for when our older "poo" dogs leaves us (not yet but he is 12) to get another but were wanting a slightly smaller one which we have started to see around this last year or 2. We were wondering if anyone breeds this size at all & if so where about in the North pref. North East or not too far away.
Thanks
Captain Kirk

Post subject: Re: Planning a new Doddle
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2018, 22:07 

Hello Captain :)
Like you I have been debating this although my doods are both only 10 years old, thought I would do some research and came across what is called a 'comfort doodle'. I gather they have all the traits of a labradoodle but smaller in size. I know Joanne from Cheshire Doodles had a litter of comfort doodles not so long ago so perhaps you may want to contact her and get further info? There is a website but sadly like a lot of things these days she tends to use Facebook. I have added her phone numbers & facebook detail below.

Joanne Clayton
Near Nantwich
If you would like to contact me please do so on
07977 194716 or 01948 665097

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheshired ... 9445517883

Good luck with your search. Keep in touch and let us know what you find out :)

Post subject: Re: Planning a new Doddle
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2018, 17:29 

Hello Kobi&Jazz,
Sorry about not getting back sooner but locked myself out & then was working away for a couple of weeks so not got back on the site.
Thanks for the info I will have a look at those. We have considered a rough coated vizier - info says- needy & we already have an 11yr old cockerpoo who is that so no thank you; and a Italian spinolie ( or how ever that is spelt!) & that one is a bit iffy as well for us.
So I think when the time comes it will be another doodle & we will defo look at the confort ones.
So thanks again.