including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 25 Jun 2019, 21:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New dogs ways
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2018, 18:55 

I just joined the association this afternoon and I do not collect my new puppy until the end of December .after reading several posts I wonder if I am a few sandwiches short of a packed lunch By subjecting myself to these future trials but height Ho it will bring some excitement to my senior days
Arra best,

Ken

Post subject: Re: New dogs ways
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2018, 00:37 

Hi Ken
Welcome to the world of madness :lol: :lol:
I will not lie....I can remember weeks after becoming a doodle owner, sitting with my head in my hands wondering what on earth I had let myself in for!!! Owning a puppy was a major shock to my system being 50+ years old when I got them, but I must say with the help & info from this site I realised my doodle's were 'normal' :lol: :lol:
Be prepared for sleepless nights and remove anything that is of value to you. Hard work BUT I would not be without my doodles - they give so much fun, love and comfort.
Enjoy the puppy days as they pass so quickly. My lovable doods are now both approaching 11 years old.
Looking forward to seeing your little one when he/she arrives.
The site has been a little quiet lately but any questions\queries don't hesitate to post as I know other owners still browse this site.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2018, 11:50 

Hello Ken,you could not choose a better breed but then I am biased. Holly is 6 now and a more lovable, funny, intelligent companion one could not ask for. The puppy years I could have lived on Valium and Brandy but those days past too quickly. If you invest the time, training and love these dogs need you will have a wonderful companion who will keep you on your toes make you laugh and surprise you with their love of humans.
As Kobi said we do seem a little quiet but there is a wealth of info on the site and we love to see and hear from anyone who has a doodle story to tell.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2018, 23:50 

Hi and welcome!
Our Luna is 7 months and she has certainly been very hard work BUT she is the funniest and most lovable character I have ever known - and we wouldn't swap her for anything. You have made a wise choice and we are sure you are in for a wonderful future with your pup. Clear the decks and look forward to some entertainment!

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2018, 15:08 

George has just gone past 4 months old and it's been an experience but one that I wouldn't swap for anything.

He's so clever, affectionate, energetic but with a feisty streak in him that can be challenging at times but I wouldn't have him any other way.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2018, 19:22 

:( Hello Ken and it's welcome from me too.
As our other "owned by doodles" have said you couldn't have made a better choice in choosing a labradoodle.
They are everything already mentioned, funny intelligent,(there are exceptions to the intelligent bit :roll: ) naughty,...but most of all loving dogs.
I have been lucky enough to have been owned by four and wouldn't choose any other breed.
The secret is to keep their minds active ...in my opinion this is as equally important as physical exercise.....
I know you will get a lot of pleasure from your pup and look forward to hearing all your ups and downs here.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2018, 21:42 

Hello and welcome

Harley is 4 years old and is so loveable, you have made the right choice with a doodle, cant wait to see pictures.