Wilson now 9 years old !

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Anne Wozniak

Wilson now 9 years old !

Post by Anne Wozniak » 21 Dec 2018, 21:57

Good evening everyone !
I can’t believe it’s 2 years since my last post !
Hope you’re all ready for next weeks festivities :)
Wilson is now 9 years old, for those of you who may remember him (!)
He’s still a work in progress but still our asbo...... sorry, I mean lad :D
Well, I’m off to read a few posts, see if there are names I still remember,
Please say he, if you remember us :)

kathiedoodle

Re: Wilson now 9 years old !

Post by kathiedoodle » 22 Dec 2018, 16:13

Happy Christmas Anne and Wilson, I have posted since 2013 and it is hard to believe that so much time has passed.
We are as ready for Xmas as we will ever be, prezzies all wrapped and Hollys one’s under guard she can sniff out a new toy a mile away, wrapping them the other day I accidentally squeezed one. The paw came up on the door and did not move till I came out having first hidden the prezzie as far away as I could. Anyway good to hear Wilson is still the same, they love to keep us on our toes don’t they
ImageImage

kobi&jazz

Post by kobi&jazz » 22 Dec 2018, 23:08

Lovely picture of Wilson.
My Kobi & Jazz will both be 11 years old at the beginning of 2019 and yes they certainly do keep us on our toes :roll:

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 23 Dec 2018, 00:21

Hello Anne and Wilson, looooong time! Can’t quite believe Wilson is 9 already and how could forget him. Kudos to you.
I imagine when you reflect over the years realise how much you have learned from him and though he may not always show it, how fortunate he is to have you. They’re precious these doods even if challenging to sometime comprehend.
M.

Michala100

Post by Michala100 » 26 Dec 2018, 14:13

I remember you and Wilson well, he used to make us laugh as a young one. Pixie and Petal are now 10 and Cosmic is nearly 8. We also have five red Australian Labradoodles so our family has grown in size considerably!

Lovely to hear from you again

linny

Post by linny » 29 Dec 2018, 16:33

Who could forget Wilson :lol:
I remember your trials and tribulations ...but you never gave up and I for one admire you for your "doggedness" :lol: ....
Happy 2019 to you and to Wilson.

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 02 Jan 2019, 12:38

I can’t believe how these pups are marching on I have made friends through this site and so has Lulu who is now 6 and a half. We have a new puppy a rescues bits and pieces. Unfortunately Lulu is uni pressed. Being a ‘ME’ dog. I was hoping it would give a friend to her but she is plays when she wants. The pup is one and still crated to give Lulu a chance to be alone.

Hope to hear from all soo.
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 13 Mar 2019, 14:17

I remember you!!! Hello again!! I've also not posted on here for ages either.

We've had a nightmare time with Murphy, I don't know if you remember but he's epileptic and the epilepsy meds nearly killed him back in August, as they gave him liver failure. Luckily I realised something was wrong and we got him treatment in time, £4000 later and he was on the mend - thank goodness for insurance, although now he's 9 we have to pay 25% so that was our October half term away out of the window!!!

Due to his referral to Anderson Moores Veterinary Hospital with his liver failure, we came across their neurologist who has been amazing. Murphy started having seizures a couple of times a week back in November, so I recorded them and sent them to the neurologist, who said they were caused by Canine Paroxysmal Dyskinesia which I had never heard of. It's very similar to epilepsy but not nearly as dangerous, as the seizures don't cause the damage that epileptic seizures do. He is now on medicine every 8 hours, which is a nightmare, but he's going 2-3 weeks between seizures which is a real improvement for him.

He had to go to the vets on Friday for a blood test, and all the results came back as perfect, including his liver which was such a relief, and hopefully things are finally looking up for us!

Can't believe our boys are 9, where did that time go??!!

Wendy

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sarahdol75

Post by Sarahdol75 » 13 Mar 2019, 17:21

I dont envy you having to give Murphy meds every 8 hours, trying to give Harley a dose of worming tablet every now and then, is hard enough, he spits it out or wont even open his mouth. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fingers crossed, for him though.
ImageImage

linny

Post by linny » 14 Mar 2019, 18:18

Good to hear from you Wendy and what good news re Murphy, just a shame he had to go through liver failure to find a vet who actually gave you a correct diagnosis.
We trust our vets implicitly don't we, but this just shows that they can and do misdiagnos.
Just really pleased to hear that Murphy is doing so well :D :D :D

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 16 Mar 2019, 13:52

Thanks everyone! xx

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Anne Wozniak

Post by Anne Wozniak » 18 Apr 2019, 19:30

Lovely to read all your replies !
It’s a shame we don’t keep in touch more often.
Lovely to hear Murphy is doing well, Wilson is now slowing down a little, although the puppy side of him still emerges ....especially when he decides to steal the tea towel :lol:
Enjoy your Easter weekend everyone !

Roedtan

Post by Roedtan » 05 May 2019, 06:48

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. Enjoy the rest of your bank holiday.

https://canineconcepts.co.uk/product-ca ... s-bedding/