including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 16 Sep 2019, 13:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello and welcome
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2019, 08:23 

I come in and out of this forum quite a lot and often wonder where the “old guard” have gone. I think it has a lot to do with Facebook where there are now so many pages to look at. But this site is obviously flagged up when labradoodles are googled.

Maybe we should all introduce ourselves again and get more people to this forum?

I have been a member of this site for 5 or 6 years. I got Lulu a miniature labradoodle who was the first pup I had without children. All children flown away. I had dogs all my life but for seem reason I needed advice and that’s how I came here. I met lots of people on here. Started Essex Doodle wAlkers Facebook page and arranged walks. Also have been going to Doodlefest for 5 years

Lulu is now 6 and the most wonderful doggie friend anyone could have. We have also introduced Arnie to our family a little monster. He is a bitsa spieces but was supposed to be cross between a chihuahua and Pomeranian but he has spitz, jack Russell and rat terrier to name a few. I do feel sorry for my Lulu and a bit sorry I got him but he is here and a character.

And life rolls on

Xx

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Hello and welcome
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2019, 12:52 

Good morning dee, lulu and arnie.

It is such a shame this forum is not like it used to be, thats the trouble with facebook, everyone over there, and they forget to post on here. There are some of us here that dont do facebook, me for one. I alwasy missed out on the doodle meets in my area, as they forget to get posted.

Harley is 5 now, and he is doing really well. Not sure if you saw a post of mine last June, He had a stroke, came from nowhere, his legs just buckled, and we took him to vets, £4 500.00 later.

Harley is happy and getting around, running around the fields with all the other dogs, cant do the long walks anymore but he has plenty of exercise.

He still drags his front paw so I have to bandage it up or put a paws boot on it to protect on the roads, as his nails bleed. Getting through the shoes is costing a fortune, but I wouldnt be without him. So what if he drags his foot.

Post subject: Re: Hello and welcome
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2019, 16:08 

Linny here with Ambrose and Jethro plus Amos & Eli (poodle chihuahua crosses) Millie (Jack Russell terrier) Mutley (West Highland x Cairn) and Bella (Heinz 57 variety)
I joined in 2007 whilst I was looking for a labradoodle pup after the death at eleven years of my first Labradoodle Bobby. :o
At that time the forum was really popular with a huge membership so it has been particularly sad to watch its decline.
I organised the Devon Diehards Doodle walks in this area and through the forum and the monthly walks made many like minded friends from across the country.
I do hope we can encourage new membership here, the site has helped so many over the years and I for one would like it to continue..... Facebook is not for me.