including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 19:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Another update
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2019, 21:02 

Well freddy now almost 2 where has the time gone,12 months was spent with an ill family member,but that has been resolved.So I hear you ask how is Freddy getting on,where shall I start.Decorating haven't done any for a while but the hall and stairs desperately need doing so I started rubbing the woodwork down constantly looking for sandpaper out in the garden with freddy.Start painting put the paintbrush down for a minute where's the paintbrush out in the garden.Now we have paint on the carpet.
Wash days are great fun Freddy loves to sort the wash basket out he might find a sock or something even more exciting,to see him running around the garden with a Bra in his mouth.Days like these are fun days there have been times when he has been downright naughty.He che wed my daughters kindle £129 to replace just before Christmas he has chewed several pairs of glasses and purses and wallets and tv remotes,and today a brand new nightie never been worn still with the label in.
He doesn't like mornings (early 7-30am) he brings a present up to us uasually his food bowl and then proceeds to growl at us if we look like taking it off him he is really nasty growls bares his teeth etc.but we tend to ignore him.get downstairs for breakfast and Mr Grumpy has been left up stairs he's then all sweetness.
The Blackbirds in the garden lead a charmed life he's always chasing them off and the Pigeon's and he was very close to a Squirrel one morning but he's never likely to catch one.
He does like his walks though sometimes 3miles sometimes more sometimes less I leave it up to him and go were he wants too,we recently took him for a walk in the National Forest we walked he ran and ran to a standstill poor Barney (old and arthritic) just couldn't keep up with him but they both had a swim in a pond luckily he dried out before we got back in the car.
So life with a Labradoodle is certainly fun at times,certainly challenging at times and I don't think I would have it any other way,he growls at people when he's tired, he doesn't like being told off and if he's really naughty he gets 10 minutes outside.(him and Barney still don't like sharing toys,it usually ends up with barney's ear being nibbled)
There'll be another update in a few weeks we start gardening soon that's going to be fun and then there's holidays as well.

Bye for now
Derek

Post subject: Re: Another update
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2019, 12:48 

Lovely,they certainly love to help.unfortunately they are permanently toddlers. H and D

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2019, 11:49 

Oh Freddy you have been a true doodle these two years but you sound as if you inherited all of the doodle traits possible. It does not make you any less lovable though.
The light bulb should come on any time soon, I remember Holly well in a haze of brandy and vallium ( I wish ) at 6+ she is a delight but still with that sense of fun.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 10:57 

:D Nice to read an update on Freddy, sounds as if he is living up to being a true Doodle :lol:
I was hoping you would say that Freddy and Barney were now the best of pals but it sounds as if this will never happen....
Freddy sounds a real character and I can't believe that he's two already,.... : :shock: .....it seems as though you only introduced him a few weeks ago.!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2019, 15:32 

Loving the updates

ImageImage

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2019, 22:39 

This all sounds SO familiar! Luna is a very mischievious doodle with a great sense of fun. Just cant be cross with her. No growls though she is happy 24/7 - especially when causing havoc. Best trick? Appearing in the living room holding a carving knife pointing downwards and wanting a chase (very carefully!) Has been known as Norman Bates ever since!