Labradoodle aggression

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Jaguar04

Labradoodle aggression

Post by Jaguar04 » 17 Jul 2019, 09:33

I have a 14 month old labradoodle whose mouthing is very bad whilst playing with other dogs, can anyone advise if these dogs eventually grow out of this habit? I have a behaviourist which we see every two months who does not think this is a problem. But he also was very aggressive (lunging and barking) at another bigger dog who was on a lead last night on a walk in the park and i could hear the owner saying that they had never been so frightened. I get really upset at times because it is like living with a jekyll and hyde character who can be very loving at times. He also gets very nasty when he pinches other dogs balls in the park and even though I have done all the training classes and "drop" and "leave" commands at home, he does not want to do it when we are out.We are part of a facebook group page for the litter and his brothers and sisters all seem to be very calm and good natured.

linny

Re: Labradoodle aggression

Post by linny » 21 Jul 2019, 12:42

Fully understand your concerns and worries.
I think your dog might have guarding issues ...not only with the ball but with you also.
Personally I would seek out another behaviourist... I'm amazed that the one you have is not concerned!
In the meantime, have you considered a basket muzzle...not ideal but at least you will know that he cannot inflict injury .... Just use it until such time as you can find constructive help
It's a problem that needs fixing ... especially for him.
Do let us know how you get on.... fingers crossed!