topic updates now moved

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Post Reply
magnolia
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 20:44

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by magnolia » 06 Sep 2007, 12:27

Dont want to get into a slanging match with anyone etiher but am just stating facts!! :roll:

Yes some breeders of KC registred dogs do breed from them at quite a young age, however these are usually smaller breeds that have done all their maturing early.
We here are talking about a Goldie(slow maturing large breed) mated with a standard poodle(slow maturing large breed).
Am sure if you spoke to numerous breeders of both off these breeds who breed purely pedigree dogs they would not agree to this mating at such an early age and would never mate one of thier dogs on thier first heat so close to 12months.

:shock: And having read the introdution when Furians stated the problems with her bitch and that Goldie breeders would not have allowed her to use their stud why did she breed from this bitch at all and not just get her spayed:?: :?: :?:
Last edited by magnolia on 06 Sep 2007, 12:59, edited 2 times in total.

magnolia
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 20:44

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by magnolia » 06 Sep 2007, 12:30

yoz1881 wrote:Just a thought, and I'm not out to cause trouble here, I would just like to clarify something.
If Beau was indeed only just a year old when mated, how was she hipscored? I was of the belief that you cannot hipscore until at least 12 months of age, and the results take somewhere in the region of 6 weeks to come through :?
I do not know but I do know that her date of birth which is stated is correct and due to the date she whelped she was only 12months and 5 days old at the most on the day she was mated!!!

Perhaps she needs to say when the hips were scored and hope that it was not done after she was mated when it should have been done before :shock: :!:

User avatar
Furians
Posts: 83
Joined: 09 Aug 2007, 17:25
Location: Devon

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by Furians » 06 Sep 2007, 16:42

magnolia wrote:And having read the introdution when Furians stated the problems with her bitch and that Goldie breeders would not have allowed her to use their stud why did she breed from this bitch at all and not just get her spayed:?: :?: :?:
I will post no more on here as some people are not reading the fact just what they want.
You say why didn't you spay her;
1. you would spay a bitch aprox three months after her first season.Beau was never out long enough
2. Would you put a puppy of 5 months under the knife to have a full histerectomy (sp) That was the last time She WASN'T in season
So You hope that she eventually stops cycling every month long enough to spay in the mean time she could suffer a life threatening Pyometra which in it's self could kill here but hey lets wait till she's at deaths door to open her up and spay her??!!!

She is the only Goldie i have and we love her dearly and her health and well being are paramount and all decisions were taken under advisement.

There are Doodle/pedigree's puppies out there that have been born with less care and consideration in why and how they were bred, even for a heck of a lot more money. I had taken every possbable avenue and weighed up all the pro's and con's.
Price is up to the breeder and not for people to bicker about. If i charge £100 for a puppy would that make them any less attackable, no then it would go the oppisite way.

NO RULES HAVE BEEN BROKEN
But do we really need to sit here and say well i don't agree/agree and then start throwing poo at people, are some people really that sad that they only join to do such mud slinging?

Thank you and i wish all of you NICE people out there all the very best and best of luck with any puppies you may have in the future, just don't let small minded people beat you up over it .

magnolia
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 20:44

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by magnolia » 06 Sep 2007, 16:51

Furians wrote:
magnolia wrote:And having read the introdution when Furians stated the problems with her bitch and that Goldie breeders would not have allowed her to use their stud why did she breed from this bitch at all and not just get her spayed:?: :?: :?:
I will post no more on here as some people are not reading the fact just what they want.
You say why didn't you spay her;
1. you would spay a bitch aprox three months after her first season.Beau was never out long enough
2. Would you put a puppy of 5 months under the knife to have a full histerectomy (sp) That was the last time She WASN'T in season
So You hope that she eventually stops cycling every month long enough to spay in the mean time she could suffer a life threatening Pyometra which in it's self could kill here but hey lets wait till she's at deaths door to open her up and spay her??!!!

She is the only Goldie i have and we love her dearly and her health and well being are paramount and all decisions were taken under advisement.

There are Doodle/pedigree's puppies out there that have been born with less care and consideration in why and how they were bred, even for a heck of a lot more money. I had taken every possbable avenue and weighed up all the pro's and con's.
Price is up to the breeder and not for people to bicker about. If i charge £100 for a puppy would that make them any less attackable, no then it would go the oppisite way.

NO RULES HAVE BEEN BROKEN
But do we really need to sit here and say well i don't agree/agree and then start throwing poo at people, are some people really that sad that they only join to do such mud slinging?

Thank you and i wish all of you NICE people out there all the very best and best of luck with any puppies you may have in the future, just don't let small minded people beat you up over it .
A bitch with these problems - always in saeson from 5 months -SHOULD NEVER BE BRED FROM - who are you kiding (yourself i think!!!) :shock:
Lets be honest its back to good old MONEY again :evil: :evil:
If a bitch is NEVER out of season - Your Words - why would you mate her when obvioulsy all is not rite with her :?: :?:

And for the record do you want to say when you had her hip scored - was it after you mated her - I THINK SO!!! :twisted: :twisted:

User avatar
Furians
Posts: 83
Joined: 09 Aug 2007, 17:25
Location: Devon

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by Furians » 06 Sep 2007, 17:00

magnolia wrote: And for the record do you want to say when you had her hip scored - was it after you mated her - I THINK SO!!! :twisted: :twisted: [/color][/b]
for who's record yours???????

Are you completely off your rocker??? She was scored and eye tested before she was mated after she turned 12 months blah blah, why i am i justifing it to you!!!!
I suppose if you are attacking me you are leaving some other poor sod alone
Again only ready the bits you want, it's ok to say that YOU would of spayed ect but there is no need for personal attacks because some one has done something you disagree with, that is in breach of NO RULES

magnolia
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 20:44

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by magnolia » 06 Sep 2007, 17:08

Furians wrote:
magnolia wrote: And for the record do you want to say when you had her hip scored - was it after you mated her - I THINK SO!!! :twisted: :twisted: [/color][/b]
for who's record yours???????

Are you completely off your rocker??? She was scored and eye tested before she was mated after she turned 12 months blah blah, why i am i justifing it to you!!!!
I suppose if you are attacking me you are leaving some other poor sod alone
Again only ready the bits you want, it's ok to say that YOU would of spayed ect but there is no need for personal attacks because some one has done something you disagree with, that is in breach of NO RULES
So she was hipscored before she was mated. Good :!:
OK that gave you aprox 5days after she was 12mths- cause that was when she would have needed to be mated to have the pups when you did
but you couldnt off got the reslts back until after she was confrmed inpup :twisted:
You didnt now her hips would be ok and so alrite to have pups
Last edited by magnolia on 06 Sep 2007, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.

magnolia
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 20:44

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by magnolia » 06 Sep 2007, 17:11

and for the record -
its the welffare of your bitch i care about :shock:

And seing you are beeing so open - do you want to say the date you got her scored? Then we will all now youve done it all rite :|

Sharon
Posts: 1331
Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 14:01
Location: Southport,Merseyside

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by Sharon » 06 Sep 2007, 20:03

Dear God Magnolia you are a nasty piece of work .... :roll:

Why are you so angry and venomous ? :shock:

I mean, fair enough, you can say you don't agree with a bitch being mated at a young age but why say so in such a vindictive manner ? :shock:

User avatar
mhayhurst
Site Admin
Posts: 392
Joined: 03 Feb 2006, 22:10
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by mhayhurst » 06 Sep 2007, 20:11

Indeed, the valid points in this thread are in danger of being overshadowed by the tone used to "discuss" them - please keep it on-topic and non-personal.

Mark

Lainey74
Posts: 977
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 16:40
Location: KENT

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by Lainey74 » 06 Sep 2007, 21:11

It may be too late now anyway. I hope Furians does come back - I'd like to see how her litter comes along over the weeks.

There was no need for such down right nastyness from Magnolia. To log on specifically to lay into someone is pretty sad. :roll:
Image

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com

Hip Dysplasia is painful & expensive. See the hip scores of BOTH parents.


DONT TRUST THE PUPPY FINDER

magnolia
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 20:44

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by magnolia » 06 Sep 2007, 21:31

Sharon wrote:Dear God Magnolia you are a nasty piece of work .... :roll:

Why are you so angry and venomous ? :shock:

I mean, fair enough, you can say you don't agree with a bitch being mated at a young age but why say so in such a vindictive manner ? :shock:
The reason being that i said all i did is because i am a breeder of Goldies and beleive v strongly in what i do and
always try to do things correctly and to the benefit of my dogs and the breed.

i am sorry if i have ofended anyone else by what i said but i am pasionate about my breed and thier welfare and it just made me so mad when i saw this from Furians and i felt something needed to be said.

User avatar
Carole g
Posts: 2194
Joined: 23 Aug 2006, 20:20

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by Carole g » 06 Sep 2007, 22:01

While you are here Magnolia, could you please tell us all what are the health tests that a good goldie breed should do BEFORE she considers breeding her litter?
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS
Image

magnolia
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 20:44

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by magnolia » 06 Sep 2007, 22:19

Carole g wrote:While you are here Magnolia, could you please tell us all what are the health tests that a good goldie breed should do BEFORE she considers breeding her litter?
Test for BVA/KC Hip Dysplasia after 12 months old
Hereditary Eye test BVA/KC/ISDS for PRA (Progressive Retinal Atrophy) & HC (Hereditary Cataract)
And now more recently Elbow Dysplasia x-ray has been introduced.

These should be done before you decide to breed with your bitch.
Last edited by magnolia on 06 Sep 2007, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

Sharon
Posts: 1331
Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 14:01
Location: Southport,Merseyside

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by Sharon » 06 Sep 2007, 22:22

magnolia wrote:
Sharon wrote:Dear God Magnolia you are a nasty piece of work .... :roll:

Why are you so angry and venomous ? :shock:

I mean, fair enough, you can say you don't agree with a bitch being mated at a young age but why say so in such a vindictive manner ? :shock:
The reason being that i said all i did is because i am a breeder of Goldies and beleive v strongly in what i do and
always try to do things correctly and to the benefit of my dogs and the breed.

i am sorry if i have ofended anyone else by what i said but i am pasionate about my breed and thier welfare and it just made me so mad when i saw this from Furians and i felt something needed to be said.
Hmm, well, yes I had assumed you were a golden retriever breeder. Nevertheless, I, personally feel that the reason given for breeding this bitch at a young age is a credible one.

Sharon
Posts: 1331
Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 14:01
Location: Southport,Merseyside

Re: Our First New litter of Blues???

Post by Sharon » 06 Sep 2007, 22:23

Carole g wrote:While you are here Magnolia, could you please tell us all what are the health tests that a good goldie breed should do BEFORE she considers breeding her litter?
Is Magnolia a friend of yours, Carole ? :?

Post Reply