Bottom trimming!!!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Fizzy's mum

Bottom trimming!!!

Post by Fizzy's mum » 06 Sep 2007, 12:50

Hi there all fellow Dood owners!

I have a ten month old Goldendoodle called Fizzy. After giving her some left over bits of steak, she has been suffering from a runny tummy... which I hope is on the way out!

My problem is (and excuse if too much info!), due to the runny rear end, her fur under her tail is vile! Very smelly...and I end up having to wipe it, wash it and brush it!

So.... do any of you clip the fur area under the tail? I feed her on Burns dry complete food, so her deposits are usually of a good consistency and miss the fur. However after this latest issue in that department I am wondering if she should have a trim "down below"!!

Any advice or tips out there?

Lucy & Fizzy !

Esther

Re: Bottom trimming!!!

Post by Esther » 06 Sep 2007, 13:31

Riley doesn't have a problem (yet) with this, but if and when he does I would trim.

donz

Post by donz » 06 Sep 2007, 13:34

I keep Scruffs bottom area clipped close - never used to until I changed groomer and she did it - I came on here telling people I thought he was losing fur from that area hahahah! Then realised she did it as part of her bath and groom and haven't gone back him to having a furry bum since - much tidier and cleaner and easier to check the area too
ImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 06 Sep 2007, 13:41

Hi

I used to clip my OES there for hygiene reasons....Haven't needed to with Rufus although I certainly would if he became smelly....

Katherine
ImageImage

Kath

Post by Kath » 06 Sep 2007, 14:09

I'm so glad that someone else asked this question, Roxy has a very furry behind and sometimes I have to wipe the fur after she goes to the toilet :shock: . It's not nice for me and I don't think she particurlarly likes it either :!:

I'm thinking of taking her to the groomers soon for a bath and a little trim, I think she needs to get used to it sooner rather than later, at the moment she HATES being brushed :evil:

Kath

chelsea

Post by chelsea » 06 Sep 2007, 14:13

LOL confirmed bottom trimmer of 4 :lol: It is much easier than chasing doodles and poodles with clingons around the park trying to wipe bums with a large leaf :shock:
This from the woman who once had to wipe birdcrap off her head in a busy high street with an Always Ultra (complete with wings) :roll:

Fizzy's mum

Post by Fizzy's mum » 06 Sep 2007, 14:20

Hi there all!

Thanks for the replies... just need to investigate how to trim bums now! LOL !!

Just didnt want Fizzy ending up looking like a baboon as I fear I am not a born hair/fur dresser!

If anyone has any fur-dressing tips can you let me know/give instructions!

Lucy & Fizzy

Emma

Post by Emma » 06 Sep 2007, 15:19

Chelsea said

[quote]This from the woman who once had to wipe birdcrap off her head in a busy high street with an Always Ultra (complete with wings)[/quote]

:shock: :lol:
Amos and Emma

becky.q

Post by becky.q » 06 Sep 2007, 16:57

Daisy has her bum fluff trimmed every time she goes to the groomers otherwise she has hangeroners.

Becky :lol:

Keffie

Post by Keffie » 06 Sep 2007, 18:12

chelsea wrote:This from the woman who once had to wipe birdcrap off her head in a busy high street with an Always Ultra (complete with wings) :roll:
HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funnily enough I am just going to clip Pebs's now as he has just 'messed it up' then tried to mount a lab with tail pointing straight to the sky :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Jo and Pebs
ImageImageImage

Lainey74

Post by Lainey74 » 06 Sep 2007, 18:21

chelsea wrote:LOL confirmed bottom trimmer of 4 :lol: It is much easier than chasing doodles and poodles with clingons around the park trying to wipe bums with a large leaf :shock:
This from the woman who once had to wipe birdcrap off her head in a busy high street with an Always Ultra (complete with wings) :roll:
LMAO. I'm assuming it was one out of your bag and not a current... Never mind. :lol:

Funny if the sticky side had stuck to your hair!! :lol: :lol:

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com

Hip Dysplasia is painful & expensive. See the hip scores of BOTH parents.

DONT TRUST THE PUPPY FINDER

Sooty

Post by Sooty » 06 Sep 2007, 19:29

The groomer clipped Mac in a semi circle round his bum and its cleaner :D

archie bailey

Post by archie bailey » 06 Sep 2007, 23:04

Hi Archie is a 7 month goldendoodle and when he went to the groomers she did trim around his bum just under the tail so you couldn't really notice it, she also trimmed him underneath which is much cleaner. However I now have another problem with weeing !! Archie still squats when weeing and it goes all over the backs of his front legs, I feel like I want to bath him all the time as he smells of wee !! any suggestions and how old before they cock their leg all the time ?

The Royles

Post by The Royles » 07 Sep 2007, 01:05

chelsea wrote:.....................................
But did you play tennis and ride a horse afterwards :shock: :lol: :shock:

edit becos i cant spel

Sooty

Post by Sooty » 07 Sep 2007, 10:00

Joans boys just "cocked" recently at about 7 and 9 months i think....as for riding a horse afterwards thats easily done whilst playing tennis at the same time...us women can multitask very well you know :D