Agreement for advertisers

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.

Do you agree with this

Yes
81%
No
13%
Don't Know
6%

Total votes: 83

claire fifi

Re: Agreement for advertisers

Post by claire fifi » 26 Sep 2007, 20:37

Hi Lisa - yes, it seems that there can be a big difference in bitches - Muppet (and a another cream Doodette I know) had their first season at 9 months. I don't know if this means that the next one will be in 6 months time or later ? Either way, her 3rd season would be approx when she is 21 months.

Other bitches I know of have had first season at 12 months and 14 months.

Would you normally breed a bitch on her 3rd season ? Just interested to know BTW - no judgmental stuff from me as I have no idea. :wink:
Claire and Muppet Image
------------------------------------------

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com

amber

Post by amber » 26 Sep 2007, 22:55

I have voted yes, glad that it is almost ironed out, give or take a couple of months :D Freya gave birth in June, and had a second Birthday July. So not far out.
In the books I have read , It seems to say 3 seasons, or two years of age. I think as long as its there abouts.
Amber

PennyAli

Post by PennyAli » 26 Sep 2007, 22:56

Well again that is a question with no straight forward answers while yes a bitch may go 6 months some only go yearly, so common sense must be used

grainne

Post by grainne » 27 Sep 2007, 07:08

also- can you change the regarding minis- the language is a little vague, if we stipulate that it must be a poodle father to a lab maother for an F1 cross then there can be no disagreeing over it, I know of a litter that was bred recently, claiming it was a "tall" mini poodle and a "small" lab....

xxx

Juliette

Post by Juliette » 27 Sep 2007, 07:54

Carole g wrote:Sorry no stars, freedom.
Why not? It seems like a very good idea to me.

freedom

Post by freedom » 27 Sep 2007, 08:10

Why not? It seems like a very good idea to me.
Yes why not ??
Puppy people would clearly see who have done all the extra tests
Who is going to moderate this?
Where are all the breeders whom this will affect?

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 27 Sep 2007, 08:42

I think it is obvious that there was never going to be any agreement on a Code of Ethics as what is right for one person is horrendous to another.

All that is being proposed is a means to get a free advert on this site. You and many other breeders do not need such a facility to sell your labradoodle puppies for which you have a waiting list.

If any labradoodle breeder put forward their own proposals and failed , it could damage their standing in the labradoodle community, I don't run that risk and will be sad if nothing comes of this but it certainly won't hurt my reputation.

The free advertising facility has been so badly misused that no puppy buyer could go to the advertisers with any sense of confidence. Something reasonably simple is required as many were telling me. I believe, that apart from a few disagreements on the minimum age of the bitch, you agree with everything else, if you don't please say so. It is so important to get rid of the puppy finder and get something up and running, it would not be difficult for you and the other breeders to come up with an additional star system to reward health testing breeders. The requirement for health testing is already there, after all in 3 .

HERE IT IS AGAIN

I would like to suggest to Mark that
In order to qualify for an advert on his site, breeders must agree that

1 No bitch bred from in the same 12 months as having a litter
2 No bitch to have a litter before 2 yrs or after 7 years, bitches to be limited to 4 litters.
3 All tests relative to breed carried out on parent dogs and KC and vet certificates available for viewing by prospective purchasers (Potential purchasers should be aware of the hereditary problems that can crop up in the breed)
4 Puppies are wormed with a veterinary preparation and schedule provided
5 Puppy comes with puppy pack of information leaflet, pedigree, registration documents where possible, photos of parent dogs and the next 48 hours of food.
6 The breeder must supply a contract with their puppy stating that they will remain responsible for the future of the pup, in that they guarantee to assist with rehoming of the dog at any time in the future, if it should become necessary.
7 All bitches and puppies must be kept in warm comfortable conditions. In the breeding of miniature labradoodles care must be taken that too large a dog is not mated to too small a bitch
8 All adverts to have the breeder's full name and landline number, address to be supplied in full to puppy viewers
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

dozydeb

Post by dozydeb » 27 Sep 2007, 10:23

I have voted yes to this, as in principal, it does seem like a good idea. It will be self-regulating I assume, in which case, it really down to us as responsible owners/breeders and purchasers of puppies to make sure that we do "police" this well. I only say this, as we all know the problems that can arise from other trades where they can easily claim to be a member of this, that and the other, but when it comes down to it, they are just paying you lip-service and you can still get ripped off, and where puppies are concerned, this could prove tragic in some cases.

I am not a breeder, just an owner, so I would never presume to go into massive detail about something that I know so little about, just wanted to add an opinion. I do think having these regs can only be a good thing. The breeders that do post on the open forum all seem to be generally responsible anyway.

Yes, a good idea Carol!

Bid

Post by Bid » 27 Sep 2007, 10:32

As Lisa says - common sense has to be applied. At least the code is a starting point. Breeders will know what is expected, and prospective purchasers will have some guidelines on what to look for. Surely that should go a long way to weeding out the puppy farmers and unscrupulous breeders. It's never going to be perfect.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Jac

Post by Jac » 27 Sep 2007, 11:32

After having a chat with another breeder about dog theft, I'm a bit concerned about having my full address displayed for all to see when I have a litter of puppies. What do others think?
The Bear

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 27 Sep 2007, 11:46

Good question!
Your address will not be on the web.
The last part says, "address to be supplied in full to puppy viewers."
After all, they have got to come and see the pups :) or it will be down to delivering them :cry: :cry:
I do require the puppy viewer's name addess and telephone number at the start of any discussion about seeing my pups and we have a chat about their life and how a puppy will fit in before any arrangement is made to view. I know some breeders say "I'll get my apppointment book out and ring you back"

smilerz

Post by smilerz » 27 Sep 2007, 15:42

I too am worried about having our full address being put up for all to see. I am saying this as we have had 2 litters locally in the past week which have been stolen with the mothers one litter was Cairn litter and the other a crossbred litter of some description.

Although having the phone number is not going to stop anyone from searching for your address on the internet which is easy to do these days.

I rarely leave my dogs unattended I normally have someone in when I go out or a neighbour to keep an eye out. Even if i just need to nip to the shops or the vets I will still have someone to keep an eye out on the dogs.

Any suggestions???

Katie Rourke

Post by Katie Rourke » 27 Sep 2007, 15:54

I rarely go out without taking my dogs with me anyway, but when I've got puppies I just rarely go out!

Thankfully Tesco, Sainsbury and Ocado all do home delivery in our area. Which covers the Gin and Beer requirements anyway...

If a vet is required they'll come here. In an emergency Steve can always come back from work and I have neighbours either side who are in most of the time and can always be called on to sit in the house. We don't leave the dogs AT ALL during this period, its just not worth it.

Personally I think Flossy and George would shred any uninvited visitors who came into the house at this time, so these precautions are as much for the burgler's safety as they are for the dogs! :wink:
Katie is a passionate canine professional who has been working with dogs all of her adult life. She is an experienced clicker trainer and has trained dogs for Films and TV. Katie now runs http://www.centrestagedoggrooming.co.uk/home.html.

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 27 Sep 2007, 16:14

Hi smilerz
"I too am worried about having our full address being put up for all to see."

Your address will not be on the web. Just your phone number and that is on your current advert anyway.
See
8 All adverts to have the breeder's full name and landline number, address to be supplied in full to puppy viewers.

Hope this helps

smilerz

Post by smilerz » 27 Sep 2007, 16:23

Ok. Thanks for that Carol.