Agreement for advertisers

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.

Do you agree with this

Yes
81%
No
13%
Don't Know
6%

Total votes: 83

EmLovesLabradooldes

Re: Agreement for advertisers

Post by EmLovesLabradooldes » 28 Sep 2007, 17:04

Sorry if I caused offense Carole g, I'm just mad about labradoodles and I want them to have a great future without the problems that pedigree dogs have. I was just a bit worried that the puppy finder wasn't being set up by labradoodle experts. I definately think this is going to be an improvement and if it gets rid of puppy harmers then I'm happy :D

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 28 Sep 2007, 17:23

Hellooooo - Mark - could you please let us know your views ?

I notice that the Puppy Finder is still there.

Do the advertisers pay you to appear on list ?
Claire and Muppet Image
------------------------------------------

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com

LouBeale

Post by LouBeale » 28 Sep 2007, 20:54

I think these proposals are a good start and thank Carole and Barb for getting the ball rolling.

We are currently discussing these proposals and others in the breeders section, so watch this space for further info. :wink:

CAROL SHAW

Post by CAROL SHAW » 28 Sep 2007, 21:51

Hi carole g thanks for that nice to know that occasionaly my wine drinking results in good ideas ( I have been known to buy shetland ponys on the net whilst drinking wine but they have been lovely and a good purchase)

amber

Post by amber » 28 Sep 2007, 23:21

I love Shetland ponies.
There is one in a field close by to us .He lives with a donkey. He's a lovely tan colour, and we have named him Rufus.
Sometimes when the grass is high you can't tell if he is lying down or standing up :)
Amber

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 30 Sep 2007, 13:55

Hi Carole - any response from Mark yet ?
Claire and Muppet Image

mhayhurst
Site Admin

Post by mhayhurst » 30 Sep 2007, 17:05

I think I responded on this in another similar thread early last week and in doing so stated my support for it.

For the record (and I think the person asking knows this) there are no payments made for advertising in the puppy finder area - it has been and will remain a free service. I cannot verify to what extent the listings have been "abused" by puppy farmers but if we are to have any hope for the future of labradoodles at all then I would have to believe that they are in a very small minority.

Whatever we establish as a Code of Practice, and I thank Carole for her superb efforts in helping to put this together in a way that others seemed to find too much of a challenge, can be evolved over time. Maybe those of her erstwhile detractors will also, privately if not publically, acknowledge the value she has brought in this regard.

There are a couple of changes I need to make to the structure of the site to introduce the new listings process - all those listed will be authenticsated by means of membership of the breeders forum section (which will make management much easier). As stated I will try to get this in place in the next couple of weeks. I don't (for teh reasons above) see a pressing need to pull the current listings in the meantime. There is more than enough discussion material here to give knowledge to prospective owners.

Mark

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 30 Sep 2007, 20:03

Thanks Mark.
Claire and Muppet Image

GUNNER

Post by GUNNER » 30 Sep 2007, 20:10

mhayhurst wrote: I don't (for teh reasons above) see a pressing need to pull the current listings in the meantime. There is more than enough discussion material here to give knowledge to prospective owners.
Mark
I do , Mark, the current listing has a few, lets say, non desirables on, still.
Where's the harm in pulling it until a better system is in place?

CAROL SHAW

Post by CAROL SHAW » 30 Sep 2007, 21:22

Totally agree there are more rogue breeders and puppy farmers on here than reputable people as I have stated else where the reputable ones will have no problem agreeing with the code of ethics the others will so come on vote now for the removal of the puppy finder(not clever enough to put a vote think on like Caroel G ) can someone else do this for me Ta Carol

mhayhurst
Site Admin

Post by mhayhurst » 30 Sep 2007, 21:43

You are at liberty to tell me, by PM, who you believe the dodgy breeders are, together with your evidence to support the assertion and I will consider their removal in advance of other changes to the listing process. (Though I don't make any promises as I have heard accusations against all sorts of people on here!)

Mark

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 30 Sep 2007, 22:01

It is always a worry to be so thanked and praised :o
But no worries! I'm here among friends. :)
To sum up 80% + of you wanted much higher standards, you want the advertisers on this site to wait a few more months for mum to be an adult, you want them to breed carefully for good health, you want them tell the truth! You have not placed your faith in whoever has got onto the breeder section, some recently would fail almost every part of the agreement you voted for.

But of course we dont actually have any say..... nor do they....
THE RESULT

YOU, the posters on this forum, breeders, buyers, people just interested, suggest to Mark , the following
In order to qualify for an advert on his site, breeders must agree that

1 No bitch bred from in the same 12 months as having a litter
2 No bitch to have a litter before 2 yrs or after 7 years, bitches to be limited to 4 litters.
3 All tests relative to breed carried out on parent dogs and KC and vet certificates available for viewing by prospective purchasers (Potential purchasers should be aware of the hereditary problems that can crop up in the breed)
4 Puppies are wormed with a veterinary preparation and schedule provided
5 Puppy comes with puppy pack of information leaflet, pedigree, registration documents where possible, photos of parent dogs and the next 48 hours of food.
6 The breeder must supply a contract with their puppy stating that they will remain responsible for the future of the pup, in that they guarantee to assist with rehoming of the dog at any time in the future, if it should become necessary.
7 All bitches and puppies must be kept in warm comfortable conditions. In the breeding of miniature labradoodles care must be taken that too large a dog is not mated to too small a bitch
8 All adverts to have the breeder's full name and landline number, address to be supplied in full to puppy viewers.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

spoodle

Post by spoodle » 30 Sep 2007, 22:34

Sounds good to me Carole :D

GUNNER

Post by GUNNER » 30 Sep 2007, 22:59

yep, totally in agreement Image

Barb

Post by Barb » 30 Sep 2007, 23:20

CAROL SHAW wrote:so come on vote now for the removal of the puppy finder(not clever enough to put a vote think on like Caroel G ) can someone else do this for me Ta Carol
http://www.labradoodle.org.uk/forum/vie ... f=1&t=4500