Agreement for advertisers

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.

Do you agree with this

Yes
81%
No
13%
Don't Know
6%

Total votes: 83

yoz1881

Re: Agreement for advertisers

Post by yoz1881 » 30 Sep 2007, 23:22

Bang on Carole :D
Catherine, owner of Roger & Dylan, the up and coming stud dogs ;-)

amber

Post by amber » 01 Oct 2007, 00:11

Again, I am happy with the itinery
Thanks
Amber

grainne

Post by grainne » 01 Oct 2007, 06:51

I still would like to see the mini wording changed! As in any F1 situation it should NEVER be a poodle mum and lab dad and it hink it should state that esp as we know some litters using that combination have been bred in norwich, and i believe are going to continue to be bred

xxx

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 01 Oct 2007, 07:20

"care must be taken that too large a dog is not mated to too small a bitch "
This does mean that a large dog such as a labrador should not be mated to a small bitch, or in future mini labradoodle generations a small standard poodle should not be used as a backcross, it will still be a lot bigger than the bitch and the puppies may well be to big for her. If you make a complete rule, it will not work in future generations. My experience with toy breeds was that we customarily mated dogs to bitches bigger than them,but that does not work as a commandment either.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

grainne

Post by grainne » 01 Oct 2007, 16:37

Maybe the rule could be that the mum could not be smaller than the father?

Dont know, its just that people who dont know, would think its ok cos the breeders are saying that the lab is small so its ok

xxx

smilerz

Post by smilerz » 01 Oct 2007, 17:00

I am happy with the proposals and would welcome it. I live in an area where there is toooo many puppy farmers and the County Council know all about them but due to resources are unable to manage them eficiently.

The state of these farms is beyond discussing as it turns my stomach to see the way all the animals are being kept and bred, I have had many first hand experiences of these farms when I use to deliver feeds for the animals always budget crap fed to them and the conditions were as I have said before all I can say is I would wretch as I was driving into the yards.

I want to be a good breeder and am trying my best to do and get everything just right. But I am very grateful to the more experienced breeders on the Labrdoodle Forum who have helped and offered me fantastic advice along the way.

So well done to all who have put a lot of thought into updating the puppy register.

marleydoodles

Post by marleydoodles » 02 Oct 2007, 14:30

I have just replied to the other thread but would just like to say that I strive to be a responsible and caring breeder and I fulfull the suggested criteria but would probably not be allowed on the puppy register as I only give my mobile number not my landline. This is because my husband has Parkinsons disease and, when I am not in the house, he tries to get to the phone and then, if he succeeds in answering it he completely forgets the message or gets very muddled. All our friends and family call me on the mobile and I am more than happy to call anyone back as I realise mobile calls can be expensive. Please could we have some leeway on this.

Thanks

Marley Doodles

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 02 Oct 2007, 17:44

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. As long as you can be contacted - what's the problem ? I am a gardener and out of the house most of the day, so would usually only give my mobile number to anyone whom I WANTED to contact me !
Claire and Muppet Image
------------------------------------------

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com

LouBeale

Post by LouBeale » 02 Oct 2007, 18:15

I posted this elsewhere, but perhaps you could list both no's with times to be contacted via landline, at least that way you have listed a landline no. :D

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 03 Oct 2007, 08:22

When all is said and done, this is just the matter of another free advertising outlet, even though it is an important one. With your concern for the welfare of all the dogs, Marleydoodles, I'm sure you can see that the landline requirement is vital and would get rid of so many light on their feet bad breeders! If it was vital to be able to be listed on this site a separate line with a no ring answerphone could work. As an experienced labradoodle breeder you have your own website and advertising on many other sites. Probably, like so many good breeders , you actually have a waiting list and need no extra advertising.

Not being able for any one reason to advertise on this site does not make any quality judgement on a breeder, it is simply that the breeder cannot fulfil the requirements. :idea: You could even put the UKLA agreement on your website and agree to all but the landline for family reasons. It could be a good selling point

The matter of the address being given to puppy buyers is essential. Too many of the real rogues are delivering puppies as soon as the buyer has cash and wants one, no other question asked. No one expect the address to be on the advert unless that is the breeder's choice. I dont do it, prospective buyers have a long chat about their lives before the address is given with an appointment to view. I expect, like me, you have people ringing up who would like to see the dogs even when there are no puppies, and the same applies. You can even ring them back to make the appointment, so as to be sure that the number they have given you is genuine. I do not accept mobile numbers at this stage.

Jac

Post by Jac » 03 Oct 2007, 10:40

I can understand how some people may think this is too rigid and doesn't allow for personal circumstances.

If you don't have a land line number or your dog is 23 months old or there is a 11 month gap between a litter doesn't necessarily make you a 'bad breeder' it just means you can't advertise on UKLA.

If you start bending the rules for one person you run the risk of it turning into a complete farce and we will end up where we started.

As others have said before, it's not going to be perfect and please everyone, but at least it is better than what we have got now. :)
The Bear

doghouse

Post by doghouse » 03 Oct 2007, 12:00

Don't ask me how, but you can divert landlines to a mobile. So you could do that if needed :)

marleydoodles

Post by marleydoodles » 04 Oct 2007, 10:09

I agree that it is not essential for me to have a listing on this site but I think it should be a site that is recognised as a source of good breeders for people finding themselves in what can be a minefield of misinformation and very often heartache. If the purpose of the proposal is to get rid of unscrupulous breeders then good breeders should be encouraged, not deterred by a "rule" that actually has no bearing on the welfare, well being, and health of their dogs, or the amount of work they put in to ensure that their puppies go to suitable homes with a lifetime of help and support and taking responsibility for their puppies for life. We will see if sense prevails.

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 04 Oct 2007, 22:58

I'm sure many of you involved in Dog Wefare organisations and Rescue have a large number of stories about pups sold with just a mobile number supplied, a location is sometimes given and the pups are produced, often outside the building. The requirement for a landline prevents this and is, I firmly believe, essential.
I've also read Sarah Hunter Rodwell's complaint about the requirement for a landline, Sarah, you did actually put your landline number on the advert you placed on the forum for Stroodle's litter this year and on other occasions as well, have you become more concerned in the last couple of months?
Of course, when you actually have tiny pups, you are very stuck at home to look after them as we all know. One doesn't tend to miss phone calls at that time, just sleep.

marleydoodles

Post by marleydoodles » 06 Oct 2007, 10:35

When I have a litter is the time I rely on my mobile answering service the most as I am usually busy with puppies, my other dogs that still need their walks etc and the care of my husband. If all the other criteria are met and the puppy register is well managed there will be no unscrupulous breeders on it. Do try to cut a little slack for those of us who do an excellent job but have circumstances that require a little flexibility. The importance of the puppy finder is to list breeders who do the very best for their dogs, their puppies and their owners not to set a list of requirements that becomes more important than the aims they are setting out to achieve.