A Christmas Appeal

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
claire fifi

A Christmas Appeal

Post by claire fifi » 20 Dec 2007, 08:32

Hello all Doodle-lovers.

You will have noticed all the recent posts about ads for pups "ready in time for Xmas" - and we all know that a "dog is for life - not just for Christmas"...

At Labradoodle Rescue we have had our hands surprisingly (and sadly) full of late. It is clear that the number of Doodles needing new homes will continue to rise. Almost all of these dogs are lovely, healthy and loving pets. Their owners have had to make a horrible, heart-rending decision to part with them due to changes in their personal circumstances or because they have developed an allergy to their supposedly "non-allergenic" dog.

If you think that you could offer a home to one of these wonderful dogs, or help out by fostering one for a while, please get in touch with us at Labradoodle Rescue. :D

Thanks.
Claire and Muppet Image
------------------------------------------

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com

claire fifi

Re: A Christmas Appeal

Post by claire fifi » 20 Dec 2007, 11:20

Bump.

Mark, can you make this a sticky for a week or two please ? :D
Claire and Muppet Image

RALPHY

Post by RALPHY » 20 Dec 2007, 11:39

Lets hope we don't get too many. Possibly it will be Feb or March when the Xmas pressie puppies will loose the novelty factor.

As you know I will do all I can to help the rescue
Pam and Doodles, Darcee and Declann
Fundraising Manager for Labradoodle Trust

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 20 Dec 2007, 12:32

Ah, thanks Pammy - you already do loads! I'm rather hoping that we can get a few new volunteers. :D
Claire and Muppet Image

Catherine Ford

Post by Catherine Ford » 20 Dec 2007, 14:02

I would love to say that I can offer a foster home...but we only have a very small cottage and now we have two very large Doods there really isn't the room to foster long term, however if a doodle required an over night stay i am sure it would be ok......haven't asked the OH yet ... :!: ... HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE...WOOFS AND LICKS Darcey and Lara Doodles :D

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 20 Dec 2007, 14:26

My trouble is my OH Catherine - he absolutely forbids me to foster - he knows that I would become too attached. We have had a couple of rows about it - but he is immovable - although he has conceded to let me foster a dog who has a definate new home to go to, and as long as its only for 2 days max! :roll:

I am now resigned to that and will contribute by being energetic in the fund-raising and also helping others to be aware! (situation re fostering will be reviewed - it took me 6 months to get OH to agree to let us have a dog at all! :lol: ).
Claire and Muppet Image

BlackCountryLulu

Post by BlackCountryLulu » 20 Dec 2007, 17:05

We're talking about inviting another dog into our home. Our beloved Harper Dog died in January, he was a Rescue and was a Bearded Collie cross. This was him last Christmas, aged 15 and although he was very senile, he still loved to be in the thick of it all.

I think a Labradoodle would be the dog for us but it will not be a hurrried decision, however homing a Rescue is something I would like to do, as long as it is a young dog.

Do you put all the dogs available for adoption on your website? I'm quite flexible in my tastes but I know my husband can be a bit more choosey. :roll:

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 20 Dec 2007, 19:20

No - dogs are not put on the website until they have been happily rehomed - I suggest that you contact the Rescue throught the website. All the dogs that have been rehomed have been youngsters - a sad reflection of the "Doodle Fashion Boom" of the past couple of years, I think!

I'm sad that you will be without your beloved old boy this Xmas - and I do hope that you will soon have a happy new addition to your home! :D
Claire and Muppet Image

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 20 Dec 2007, 20:37

Whoops - I stand corrected. There ARE pics of adoptees on the site :oops: . I understand there is only one at the mo, but several more to appear shortly.
Claire and Muppet Image

Doodle Trust

Post by Doodle Trust » 20 Dec 2007, 20:44

We have 2x dogs now available for adoption.
Both cream males and quite curly coated Labradoodles.

Pictures and information will be on the site v shortly

If anyone is interested in adopting a labradoodle then please fill in an application to adopt form and we will be in touch...

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com/adopt ... edure.html

Wills Miller

Post by Wills Miller » 20 Dec 2007, 21:13

Hi there all at Labradoodle Rescue, We have a sandwich bar in Stanningley Leeds and have decided to buy something really cool for a raffle which we will do in January to hopefully cheer everyone up. All proceeds for Labradoodle rescue. Also do you think there is a way of holding a mass sponsored walk with our Labradoodles for the rescue, it could be really great, maybe Clumber Park or somewhere. I was also thinking if anyone is wanting to give up smoking or any other vice they have for the New Year, maybe they could get sponsored and donate the money to the rescue. What do you think. Jill
Jill & William Miller
xx

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 20 Dec 2007, 21:14

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com/happy_endings.html
Have a look at the success stories and the happy faces of very young dogs in new homes, that is very heartening and a tribute to a lot of good work by the newest breed Rescue.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 21 Dec 2007, 01:28

Wills Miller wrote:Hi there all at Labradoodle Rescue, We have a sandwich bar in Stanningley Leeds and have decided to buy something really cool for a raffle which we will do in January to hopefully cheer everyone up. All proceeds for Labradoodle rescue. Also do you think there is a way of holding a mass sponsored walk with our Labradoodles for the rescue, it could be really great, maybe Clumber Park or somewhere. I was also thinking if anyone is wanting to give up smoking or any other vice they have for the New Year, maybe they could get sponsored and donate the money to the rescue. What do you think. Jill
Thanks Jill - sounds great. You could ask people for a donation to the Rescue if they join you for a walk :D
Claire and Muppet Image

RALPHY

Post by RALPHY » 21 Dec 2007, 10:07

Jill, what a great idea!

It's a shame the sandwich bar is in Leeds or I could pop in and have a sarnie (veggie of course!) and buy a raffle ticket.

Just an idea for next year. We could hold a raffle.....big one and try to get a big prize....we could all sell tickets, and we could sell them at the summer shows. There would be a cost because we would have to print the tickets, it would be no good to use normal ones.
Pam and Doodles, Darcee and Declann
Fundraising Manager for Labradoodle Trust

dustysmum

Post by dustysmum » 21 Dec 2007, 10:37

what kind of help do you need ?