Ladies in camel coats

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
patricia81

Ladies in camel coats

Post by patricia81 » 21 Dec 2007, 10:09

Hi there . I'm relatively new to this so hope it works! Feel silly asking this but does anyone have a problem with smartly dressed ladies wearing camel-coloured coats? Our Pablo(7 months) goes into a frenzy of excitement if he sees one - acts as if he's spotted the most exciting dog ever in the distance- and should they foolishly venture too close to say hello he goes overboard with OTT joyous greeting/jumping up etc. Trouble was it was a lovely elderly lady a few days ago, he was so frantic to see her he nealy pulled me over! Do you think he thought she was a giant labrador because of the coat??? Any tips welcome please!

dustysmum

Re: Ladies in camel coats

Post by dustysmum » 21 Dec 2007, 10:35

i had a similar problem with dusty and anybody she saw, my dog trainer told me to turn around and walk the other way then turn back ect ect until she walked past without a glance its easier if you can get a friend to help otherwise people think that you are very strange hope that this helps abit, but i must say even tho` doodles are very clever i do think that they are one sandwich short of a picnic :D

AnnaCostaire

Post by AnnaCostaire » 21 Dec 2007, 12:10

It occurs to me that even if doodles do have some very funny traits........doodle owners surpass these with what they have to get up to when trying to persuade their doods that their actions/play ideas may look a little crazy to the general public! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anna and M
I breed miniature horses and am owned by a doodle called M who is the best thing since sliced bread.

Ruby Tuesday

Post by Ruby Tuesday » 21 Dec 2007, 13:45

Perhaps Pablo's breeder had a camel coat?
I notice Ruby gets very excited about people who look similar to people she knows. Teenage boys are her favourite, she thinks they are all part of her family, often very embarassing!!
Julie, Ruby & Raven
ImageImage

fudgepuddle

Post by fudgepuddle » 21 Dec 2007, 16:03

beige coats are puds favourite!!!

But only when being worn by someone who is very clean, tidy, and likely old & frail :oops:

She's not too bad now, just as long as they don't give her eye contact - clearly an open invitation in doodle-speak! leaving me apologising, and OH strolling off into the distance like he's never seen either of us in his whole life. :lol:
Mia
x
ImageImageImage

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 21 Dec 2007, 16:54

Patricia, I think that is very, very funnny - camel coats looking like labradors! :lol: pmsl.
Claire and Muppet Image
------------------------------------------

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com

Megan O'Sullivan

Post by Megan O'Sullivan » 22 Dec 2007, 01:10

I have a camel coat and when Honey (who's cream) was a puppy and I wore it, she was permantly attached to the bottom of it!! She didn't do this with any other coat that I wore! :lol:

patricia81

Post by patricia81 » 22 Dec 2007, 16:41

Thank you all for your input and helpful advice - I no longer feel quite so bemused by it all! What a fantastic site this is - I thought there would be no replies to this strange thread and that you all would think I was a complete lunatic!(not that you'd be wrong there lol). Love,Patriciaxx

Odin n Rob

Post by Odin n Rob » 22 Dec 2007, 20:11

I believe it may be a scent issue there is a little know by law or municipal charter dating back to the Victorian era which states ,if I remember correctly, that ladies who wear camel coats and parade through the conurbations and open spaces of cities must do whilst weaning no undergarments. :shock: