What do you love about your Labradoodle ?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Sharon

What do you love about your Labradoodle ?

Post by Sharon » 18 Oct 2006, 10:03

:D Thought it would be a refreshing change to start a thread off that is entirely positive .... after all this is supposed to be a website that is pro Labradoodle .... we definitely need to see some happy, positive posts. :D

There are plenty of other threads that deal with serious/negative issues and they are of course needed ....

BUT, let's keep this one completely happy doodling 8)

donz

Post by donz » 18 Oct 2006, 10:07

great idea!

Scrrufy Dog is so cheeky! that's what I love about him! And he loooooovves playing with other dogs! proper submissive on his back playing! :D

Plus I taught him to beg yesterday!! Although it is a very fine line between him sitting on his butt paws in the air for the treat and then him grabbing your hands with his paws!! :lol: :lol:

itsmeisitu2

Post by itsmeisitu2 » 18 Oct 2006, 10:45

I love how my labradoodle Scrappy talks to me, I say tell me and she gives a lil bark, so i say louder and she barks at me louder then gives me her paw for the treat. I love how she snuggles up with me at night keepin my feet warm.

Excellent thread Sharon , its about time this place got some positivity . :o :o :o :o :o

donz

Post by donz » 18 Oct 2006, 10:46

that is cool - 'talk to me' then 'louder' - love that! I think that will be my next one - 'quiet' and 'speak'!!

bevnsteve

Ziggy

Post by bevnsteve » 18 Oct 2006, 10:56

Ziggy is just so cheeky and does things that he knows are wrong for effect like sitting on the sofa but only with his back legs cos that doesn't really count, pinching the cats toys, always presenting you with something when you come in, jumping on the trampoline with my daughters, cleaning and chewing the cat. I could go on and on.....

Bev

donz

Post by donz » 18 Oct 2006, 10:58

love the pix Bev! Yep Scruff does the same - he is not allowed on the sofa but comes 'cuddle' with front legs on your lap, then tries to sneak his back legs up too :lol: :lol:

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 18 Oct 2006, 11:03

:lol: :lol: :lol: loving these posts :lol: :lol: :lol:

so cute and funny ... 8)

Ziggy pics are great, what a brill pussy cat to play with him. 8)

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 18 Oct 2006, 11:09

Would be nice to STICKY/PIN this thread Mark ... it reminds everyone about what is great about owning a labradoodle .... particularly important to prospective owners ... 8)

Yes, they need to know potential downfalls .... but that applies to any breed ... coming on this forum in the last few weeks could leave people with the impression that the only things to say about Labradoodles and their breeders are bad things .... :roll:

frosty

Post by frosty » 18 Oct 2006, 11:17

My favorite thing is Hector always bounds to the door when the postman delivers mail , picks it up and rushes to my office with it.....He looks sooo pleased with himself and it always makes me laugh!!!

However...when i order samples of dog food (which I have in the past) then these tend to be consumed before I get to the post!!!! but on a positive note at least I know he likes it before I buy :lol: :lol:

itsmeisitu2

Post by itsmeisitu2 » 18 Oct 2006, 11:19

Im loving the happy thread , keep em coming :o :o :o :o :o

Jackie M

Post by Jackie M » 18 Oct 2006, 11:45

I love the way Candy tries to squeeze into the cat bed. She fit into it when we first had her but hangs over the sides now, but she still lies in it whenever the cat gets out.

And I like it when she's playing with toys on her own but keeps looking up as if to say "are you still watching me?"

And it's great when she runs in with muddy paws every time I clean the kitchen floor - not!

LouBeale

Post by LouBeale » 18 Oct 2006, 12:20

My too doodles make me smile every day, even on the days when everything else goes wrong.

I love the way they ambush each other when we're out walking. Truffle likes bouncing on the trampoline and jumping all over the sofa with muddy paws, even though she's not allowed. Teddy always parks his bum on my lap if I am sitting or kneeling on the floor. They both lie on their backs with their legs in the air. They are perfect for our family even if they do shed hair all over the place. I just hoover the dogs now instead of the carpet LOL. :lol:

GUNNER

Post by GUNNER » 18 Oct 2006, 13:06

I love the way Gunner smacks his lips, very noisily when he is waiting for his dinner and then kisses his bowl before it's put on the floor.
I love the way he does everything, and his patience, wouldn't be without him.

I love the way :twisted: Buffy :twisted: barks, sounds like she smokes 30 a day,
and the way she rolls on her back whenever you look at her, then she attacks unless you tickle her tummy.

and i love the way they both play together, and he teases her.

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 18 Oct 2006, 13:08

LouBeale wrote:My too doodles make me smile every day, even on the days when everything else goes wrong.

I love the way they ambush each other when we're out walking. Truffle likes bouncing on the trampoline and jumping all over the sofa with muddy paws, even though she's not allowed. Teddy always parks his bum on my lap if I am sitting or kneeling on the floor. They both lie on their backs with their legs in the air. They are perfect for our family even if they do shed hair all over the place. I just hoover the dogs now instead of the carpet LOL. :lol:
LMAO I hoover my Cavalier ... she quite enjoys it actually. :lol: :lol:

Joan Kell

Post by Joan Kell » 18 Oct 2006, 13:14

Hi everybody

I love my labradoodle, Della, photo's on Gallery, for anyone to see, because she is a typical scruffy F1 doodle, loving, happy, naughty (sometimes!!!) unpredictable, in such a funny way, and I bless the day, we got her. She was from a litter of 3, 2 girls and 1 boy, and came from Leam Lane, in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear. Any of Della's 1 brother or 1 sister out there. She is 1 year old middle November.

She too was attacked by 3 Jack Russells, and hasn't really forgotten it.
We do try to socialize but it is taking a long time.

We'll get there though, I'm certain

Regards

Joan & Della