My Poor OH

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Osaeru

My Poor OH

Post by Osaeru » 08 Mar 2008, 10:57

This isn't Doodle related but as it was soooo Annoying I had to have a Rant.

We went to a Household waste site near us yesterday. you know how it it there is a place where you are supposed to wait whilst waiting for the cars in front to move.

we get there and there is this green Jaguar about one and a half car lengths back from this line and pulled over far to the left hand side we didn't know what they were doing so slowly started to go past them at which point the lady driving the car puled forward.

My OH stopped and signalled for her to go so that she knew his intentions.

At this point she wound down her window and started shouting. OH reversed back behind her and waited patiently without responding to her rant.

we then both moved up to the section where you deposit the rubbish. Oh gets out tof the car and the "lady" starts shouting at him "can't you read the signs? are you an idiot? I was first in the line?"

My Husband explained his point without shouting at her and she went right into one and said "you're one of those Cocky Cockneys aren't you?" :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

(we live up North now)

lots more insults followed from her OH told her to shut up her OH gets of the car and starts to have a go at my OH, who by this time has finished and gets back in the car. she was still raving! :twisted:

Even the guys who work at the site are doing impressions of her behaviour at this point!

we drove away and OH was really upset (I was fuming too)

proves It doesn't take two to have an argument though doesn't it? ;)

GuineaMum

Re: My Poor OH

Post by GuineaMum » 08 Mar 2008, 11:05

I feel for you both. Its a horrible situation to happen, and especially all in full public view. :(
That woman can't have anything else in her life to get upset about. :evil: People like this should count themselves lucky that an incident like that is all they have to worry about in life. Others have far graver things to cope with. A petty woman, but the reaction of the employees there shows what other people thought of her :!: Wonder if she got home and regretted it, and felt really silly ?
But also brill of your OH to keep his cool. :D Very difficult in a situ like that, but good on you for brill handling of it :D
Ali x
----------------------

Ali, Poppy & Izzy Doodles

Image Image

Flossiebag

Post by Flossiebag » 08 Mar 2008, 12:00

Wonder if she got home and regretted it, and felt really silly
It would be her only saving grace if she did - we can but hope that there is a sensible kind human under it all :roll: :roll:

Terrible behaviour :evil:
Abbey and Esmerelda Doodle
xx

Addisons Disease Information - http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 068&ref=ts

http://www.labradoodletrust.com

joan

Post by joan » 09 Mar 2008, 13:03

From an other point of view I worked in customer service for years and always explained to staff during customer first training sessions that someone going off on one as your "lady" did was often nothing to do with their dealings with staff but something that had happened before they even set foot in the office! I reminded them that no one knows what is going on in an other persons life and they may view present incident as last straw! Staff found it easier then not to feel it all on a personal level!
Know its hard to keep this in mind when someone is jumping up and down in front of you but your OH did really well.
Joan

Hel&Mark

Post by Hel&Mark » 09 Mar 2008, 14:00

Poor OH! What a horrid situation. :(
But well done for coping with it so well.

Working in a book shop, I get shouted at all the time! :roll:
To be honest, it is usually wealthy, elderly ladies and gents who seem to be offended by the very sight of us shop assistants. I agree that some of this is not personal and that it is more to do with how exasperating they find this quickly changing world. It was such a different place when they were my age.

However, some people are just downright nasty and choose to belittle people for kicks. A member of my OH's family does this wherever she goes. Clicking at waiters and waitresses, pointing and beckoning to get shop assistants' attention, and being dis-satisfied on purpose in long queues, just to complain about nothing in particular. It makes me MAD. If we go out for dinner together, I don't eat anything because she complains so much that the food just HAS to have been spat in! :shock: :lol:
She tells people off wherever she goes, and I'm sure it is something she does to make herself feel better than other people and therefore secure. Thank goodness everybody isn't like that, eh?

My Dad used to be a personel manager for British Gas, and the useful advice he always gives me, is to listen to someone sounding off at you and then say "I'm sorry that you feel this way" and then tell them how their shouting or foul language or insults make you feel. If they ignore you, you wait again until they finish and repeat what you have said. This continues until they give up and clear off. It's hard to put into practise, as these incidents usually happen unexpectedly so you are taken by surprise. In our shop, I don't really care much any more as I've been putting up with it for 11 years now. Mostly I do a very shocked face and stand there speechless until they have finished. Occasionally I have had to say "I'm sorry Sir, but I wouldn't ever speak like that to anyone, so you must forgive my surprise and give me a moment to compose myself." They do tend to apologise in this situation. :roll:

Helen
x
Check this is being adhered to before you buy your puppy:
http://labradoodle.org.uk/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=6560

Osaeru

Post by Osaeru » 09 Mar 2008, 16:23

Hubby Is touched by all your lovely comments :)

It's not easy as you say and to let you into a little secret he has Bipolar Disorder so managing to keep his cool was extremely difficult for him.

He says it's easier for him to think now due to the new medication they put him on (They wanted to try Lithium but he has a severe needle phobia)

That "lady" was lucky she didn't meet him the same time last year!

Hugs to you all from me and Hubby and a Monty "Sluuurble"

Wills Miller

Post by Wills Miller » 09 Mar 2008, 19:09

It sounds to me as if the lady in question seriously needs medication, a big well done to your hubby for keeping his cool it takes a lot of composure. Jill
Jill & William Miller
xx

amber

Post by amber » 09 Mar 2008, 19:21

She sounds awful and quite honestly we've met the type. Obviously very spoilt and feels she is a cut above everyone else, but in the end i feel sorry for them; cause they are obviously not very happy personally.
Amber

peppersdad

Post by peppersdad » 10 Mar 2008, 22:35

Pepper said "i like to bite her on the arse"!

Osaeru

Post by Osaeru » 10 Mar 2008, 23:38

Thanks Pepper you are a Darling!

:D

freyadog

Post by freyadog » 10 Mar 2008, 23:40

Hi

Perhaps she needed muzzling :x

Caroline x

Hel&Mark

Post by Hel&Mark » 10 Mar 2008, 23:43

Or maybe a prong collar! :twisted:
Check this is being adhered to before you buy your puppy:
http://labradoodle.org.uk/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=6560

Osaeru

Post by Osaeru » 11 Mar 2008, 00:17

That has made me laugh!

Muzzle and a prong collar :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It's made Hubby smile just picturing it!

( I hope he isn't planning to implement it! :shock: )