wish me luck.(i'll need it)

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Bid

Re: wish me luck.(i'll need it)

Post by Bid » 27 Mar 2008, 13:28

Are you saving these up for that dog training book you're gonna write?

Well done Herbie :lol: So sorry you'll miss the class next week though :wink:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

fudgepuddle

Post by fudgepuddle » 27 Mar 2008, 13:32

thats brilliant groover!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: you MUST write a book!

and well done herbie! :wink:
Mia
x
ImageImageImage

Suze & Martha

Post by Suze & Martha » 27 Mar 2008, 14:17

pmsl - still am !!

Groover - I don't know what job you do but you're wasted on it !! You should be writing for a living !!!

Herbie sounds like a complete star 8) 8)

Suze & Martha xx

grover

Post by grover » 27 Mar 2008, 22:09

Suze & Martha wrote:pmsl - still am !!

Groover - I don't know what job you do but you're wasted on it !! You should be writing for a living !!!

Herbie sounds like a complete star 8) 8)
thank you my friends

you know what they say. the truth is stranger than fiction and there's definitely nothing stranger than a mad labradoodle puppy :lol: :lol:

groover xxx
every dog should have a home and every home should have a dog

Pauline

Post by Pauline » 27 Mar 2008, 22:19

Groover - it was so hard to read with tears of laughter in my eyes -OH and I were in hysterics!!
How can younot go next week?! Think you need to take a "sicky" so that you can take him so we can have the next installment!!
Pauline

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sooty

Post by Sooty » 28 Mar 2008, 00:09

OMG PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think i should take him this week and Mac as a guest appearance.....can you imagine :shock: :shock: :shock:
Seriously you need to video this its a classic :lol: :lol: :lol:

grover

Post by grover » 28 Mar 2008, 03:29

Pauline wrote:Groover - it was so hard to read with tears of laughter in my eyes -OH and I were in hysterics!!
How can younot go next week?! Think you need to take a "sicky" so that you can take him so we can have the next installment!!
Pauline
good grief woman!!!!
3 weeks in a row might cause me to become genuinely ill. :lol: also i figure the other owners might benefit from a Herbie holiday. :roll:
but never fear. when we do return you lot will be the first to know what wild thing gets up to next :oops: (it cant be that bad though cause there's not much left he hasn't done already :lol: )

groover xxx

grover

Post by grover » 28 Mar 2008, 03:31

Sooty wrote:OMG PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think i should take him this week and Mac as a guest appearance.....can you imagine :shock: :shock: :shock:
Seriously you need to video this its a classic :lol: :lol: :lol:
that would really be a video nasty :shock: :shock:

groover xxx

Sooty

Post by Sooty » 29 Mar 2008, 22:10

Agility would take on a very different look i feel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Aromass

Post by Aromass » 08 Apr 2011, 23:52

Only just found this post, cried with laughter while browsing through it.
I need to know though
What happened with the training ????
Sarah
& Poppy

groover

Post by groover » 18 Feb 2012, 00:32

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi There

I've just had a look through this thread again and I must admit it brought back memories of just how bonkers my baby was :lol: :lol:.
During the first 2 years, he really suited his nick name (Wild Thing) and although he's now 4 1/2, he can still look demented when the notion takes him (usually in public :shock: )
however
Although he was always the hardest dog to control at training classes, he was also the dog who demonstrated each element best. We continued attending various training classes off and on for about 3 years and other owners were simultaneously horrified and impressed by my Wild Thing.
All the training must have paid off though
because last year while we were on holiday in Cornwall, we ended up on a campsite with around 40 bearded collies. The owners invited us along to a show they were going to one day and my baby entered and passed his kennel club good citizen bronze award without any preparation 8)
So all you doodle puppy trainers out there take heart.
Yes our doods have an exuberance for life that makes them a bit giddy, but they are also very intelligent and one day all your training will work its magic

Jan and Wild Thing :lol:

xxx

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog

MAX2011

Post by MAX2011 » 18 Feb 2012, 10:35

Oh very we'll done to Herbie, and you for perservering with the training. I must say reading through this thread was the most I've laughed for ages, my daughters did not know what was going on, whether I was laughing or crying (actually both! Crying with laughter) sorry it was at your expense but it was the way you told it, I could totally imagine the scene!! Just sorry that now Herbie is all grown up we will get no more accounts of the fun and games at doggy school, though I'm sure Herbie is still as full of character!
Clare, Max and family ImageImage

nicollf

Post by nicollf » 18 Feb 2012, 12:11

Were you at Lottie's class on Thursday? Sounds like exactly the same behaviour! Help!!!!

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 18 Feb 2012, 15:49

Loved reading through this thread, made me laugh so much :lol: . It’s nice to know there is hope at the end for Naughty Doodles like Wurly :D

Wild thing (great name)is beautiful :D
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

nicollf

Post by nicollf » 18 Feb 2012, 17:44

Hi! I see you're in Glasgow! Lottie and I are too and we have very similar issues with training class! We got 'promoted' to the 'adult' class two weeks ago after 5 months on the puppy course which was supposed to take 8 weeks! Lottie cannot help but play with other dogs at training and seems to forget all the words like 'sit' that she knows without a problem at home! We go to classes in Knightswood and I wondered where you went as our classes don't offer the chance to do agility - although that could be a nightmare with Lottie!

Fiona and Lottie