wish me luck.(i'll need it)

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Jane Hughes

Re: wish me luck.(i'll need it)

Post by Jane Hughes » 23 Mar 2008, 12:15

As the 'mum in waiting' for two puppies I am now very afraid, laughing hysterically but very afraid :shock:

groover

Post by groover » 23 Mar 2008, 23:43

Jane Hughes wrote:As the 'mum in waiting' for two puppies I am now very afraid, laughing hysterically but very afraid :shock:

may your god be with you :lol: :lol:

xxx

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog

groover

Post by groover » 23 Mar 2008, 23:50

hi ronniedog

we should start comparing notes to see who comes out looking the daftest each week. :oops:
i must admit I'm a bit apprehensive about this weeks class as its low impact agility. something Herbie has never done and i can only assume the new experience will work him into a frenzy :shock:
I'm going to cheat and take him on a long walk in the afternoon to see if it gets rid of some of his energy in the hope i have a calm well behaved puppy on Wednesday night :lol: fat chance

xxx

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog

freyadog

Post by freyadog » 24 Mar 2008, 00:05

groover wrote:hi ronniedog

we should start comparing notes to see who comes out looking the daftest each week. :oops:
i must admit I'm a bit apprehensive about this weeks class as its low impact agility. something Herbie has never done and i can only assume the new experience will work him into a frenzy :shock:
I'm going to cheat and take him on a long walk in the afternoon to see if it gets rid of some of his energy in the hope i have a calm well behaved puppy on Wednesday night :lol: fat chance

xxx

You will be top of the class this week you will see.
Caroline x

freyadog

Post by freyadog » 24 Mar 2008, 00:06

groover wrote:hi ronniedog

xxx

You will be top of the class this week you will see.
Caroline x

ronniedog

Post by ronniedog » 24 Mar 2008, 10:23

Our dog training varies between indoors and out. Always starts with a few minutes "free association" That's when Hector identifies his allies and works out who the "smarty pants" are that he will humiliate later.

During class Hector has to weave in and out of other dogs and handlers at heel. Instructor says Hector makes him laugh as he seems to walk past the others saying "hello I'm hector.... Hello I'm hector" to each and every dog he passes!

Once all have behaved for a few minutes then its recall time.... time to humiliate the owners of the oh so well behaved as mentioned earlier. Nothing guaranteed to make the good dog owners grumpy than Hector enticing their beloved mutts off to join his gang of ASBO dogs.

Good luck with the agility, Hector loves it, think he is just a great show off really. We find it exhausting as he seems to want to complete every task in as short a time as possible... not as fit as we used to be.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Hilli

Post by Hilli » 26 Mar 2008, 13:47

Good luck Groover and Herbie for tonights class.

I'm sure he will do well. Have you got some wine in fridge for you return? Just incase :) :)

Hilli

Hip Dysplasia is painful , expensive, and COMMON, see the hip scores of BOTH parents, no points over 3.
Don't accept excuses

Bid

Post by Bid » 26 Mar 2008, 14:10

Hilli wrote:I'm sure he will do well. Have you got some wine in fridge for you return? Just incase :) :)
It's what he does well that you need to worry about :lol: Do come & tell us all about it later - you know we'll sympathise :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

fudgepuddle

Post by fudgepuddle » 26 Mar 2008, 16:09

:lol: :lol: :lol: Whens the next one groover???
Can't wait!!! am just gearing myself up to start with Cooper, so will be comiserating with you soon enough :shock:
Mia
x
ImageImageImage

Ruby Tuesday

Post by Ruby Tuesday » 26 Mar 2008, 23:05

Sadly, agility proved to be too much for Herbie, he knocked a hole in the wall and was sent to dog borstal :o

Actually no, his owner has accidentally locked herself out of the forum!!! happens to us all, doesnt it?
Julie, Ruby & Raven
ImageImage

Hilli

Post by Hilli » 26 Mar 2008, 23:08

I did hear there was a little mayhem, but it could of been the other dogs :shock:

Hurry back Herbie's mum we need to know how the boy got on.

Hilli

Hip Dysplasia is painful , expensive, and COMMON, see the hip scores of BOTH parents, no points over 3.
Don't accept excuses

grover

Post by grover » 27 Mar 2008, 00:25

hi all
its Herbie's mum groover here. seem to have locked myself out of the forum and cant get a new password sent to me so i cunningly registered under my husbands email address and here i am :lol:

well where to start. :?:
decided to take wild thing for a 4 mile off lead Forest walk in aberfoyle today. my plan was to tier him out in the hope he would behave tonight at class. did it work i hear you ask? did it heck.
after managing to vomit in the back of the car on route (he tried to miss his blanket ,cushions and spare piece of carpet I'd put there for him and got it all over the carpet of my 3 week old jeep :roll: he then spent a very happy 3 hrs running through the Forest like a mountain goat. although there was a very nice wide path he appeared to prefare running through the bog ridden muddy trenches at each side of the road :shock: so although i was a lovely dry day by the time we got back to the car he was covered from head to toe in mud and puddle and resembled melted chocolate :lol:
back home and an hr to have dinner and rest then we set off for training.
i was in high spirits as we left the house as he seemed almost subdued. but alas by the time we reached the class he had got his second wind and was more than ready for round 2.
when we entered the room the class had already started. Herbie was soooooooo pleased to be back and to see the 2 trainers who had made such a fuss of him last week that he lunged at them as soon as we were in the room. problem= table between trainers and Herbie. Herbie solution=jump on table (simple really if you think about it) spent next few minutes picking up 200 small items that had been on table then take seat. (feeling quite pleased with myself as so far its been better than last week) we were last to go so i watched attentively so i could get some tips as to how you get your dog to do the different obstacles. i don't know what i was watching but it wasn't agility :lol: i haven't laughed so much in ages. it was chaos. there were dogs starting at 2 minute intervals and going round the different elements with varying degrees of success. Herbie was beside himself. between the dogs running around and the owners shouting on them at the top of their voices i thought he was going to explode with joy. all too soon it was our turn. the trainer looked slightly apprehensive as she said "right Herbie, up you come". i was pulled across the floor and luckily landed at the first obstacle.(3 small jumps) Herbie crashed through them with a look of glee on his hairy face. that got us to the tunnel. he's never seen a tunnel before but he decided to do a sort of labradoodle limbo into it and it did go well till his fat butt got stuck and i had to get down on all fours to help him out. we completely missed the next 3 things as i went skidding past them like Zeb CEO, but we were now at the rope ladder. this i thought will be a piece of cake. i mean how can you go wrong???? its lying on the floor and all you have to do is walk over it.right? wrong. Herbie didn't even seem to notice it was there. he was all bounce and lunge by that time and he managed to get it caught round his back legs. i bent to untangle him. he took off. i lost the lead. he's now bounding across the room with a 6 foot ladder trailing behind him. he then jumped through a hoop with the ladder still attached to get to a very cute bitch he had his eye on. (only element he actually completed successfully) whole place is in an uproar. i eventually catch him and we take our seat. Herbie looks at me as if to say "how clever am i??"
order returns. we're now told we are going to do a recall over the jumps. each dog will have a go (even Herbie) we were sitting at the end again so we were a fair bit away from the activity but the strangest thing happened. all the dogs seemed to find my baby irresistible. almost every one of them ignored their owners and came over to say hello. me and Herbie were honored. rest of the owners were not so happy. i can only assume it was his essence of pine aftershave from his forest walk that loured them over. eventually it was our turn again. i must admit i didn't think it was going to go very well after his first attempt but nothing ventured and all that so up we got.
i told him to sit (he did) i told him to stay (he did) i took the long walk to the other end of the jumps. its only about 20 feet but seemed like a mile. i turned round and got the shock of my life :shock: he was still where i left him :shock: i waited a second holding my breath. then i frantically wiggled my cocktail sausage for all i was worth and shouted "HERBIE COME" i swear i could actually hear the theme tune to chariots of fire as he ran towards me. he stopped right at my feet and sat down with a plonk to accept his treat and much praise. with a small lump in my throat ( I'm a bit emotional right now) we proudly returned to our seat with our heads held high as we accepted our applause. class over ( well worth the £4.00 for entertainment value alone)
so that's it for this week. unfortunately i will miss next weeks class as I'm working back shift but i promise I'll keep you updated.
oh and the wee mini doolde who was sooooo good last week obviously took some tips from Herbie cause this week he was a cheeky monkey :lol: :lol: :lol:

groover xxx
every dog should have a home and every home should have a dog

chilipepper

Post by chilipepper » 27 Mar 2008, 08:07

:D :D :D

Well done Herbie!

Hel&Mark

Post by Hel&Mark » 27 Mar 2008, 09:43

Marvellous!
You really have to get some video footage next time ...
:D :D
Good ol Herbie. x
Check this is being adhered to before you buy your puppy:
http://labradoodle.org.uk/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=6560
http://www.labradoodletrust.com

Hilli

Post by Hilli » 27 Mar 2008, 10:52

What would have happened if he hadn't had the 4 mile walk before? :shock:

Bet you were dead proud of him at the stay and recall though, i heard Chariots of Fire when i read it. :D :D He did very well.

Hilli

Don't accept excuses