Dog Borstal

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
wet.dog70

Dog Borstal

Post by wet.dog70 » 27 Mar 2008, 10:35

Watched this last night.
Did anyone else, and what did you think of it?

chilipepper

Re: Dog Borstal

Post by chilipepper » 27 Mar 2008, 10:37

Missed it last night - Which one was it - are they still repeating the old ones again?

wet.dog70

Post by wet.dog70 » 27 Mar 2008, 10:49

Dunno. Just caught sight of it and watched it, probably is a repeat I suppose. This one had an Jack Russell that peed everywhere, a cat murdering bull terrier and a hyper-active (and very beautiful) Weimaraner.
Just wondered what people thought about it.

hodgey

Post by hodgey » 27 Mar 2008, 10:50

Yep I watched it too.....and Ellie barked at it, she sits there for a while and then barks like mad....lol

Tis Ok I suppose, dont like the bottle thing, but if it works then so be it..... :D

dustysmum

Post by dustysmum » 27 Mar 2008, 10:56

dont think i saw that one (was it the one who gave his jack russel away?) but i like the programme it has some great tips .and it also shows most dogs are good its the owners who need training :lol:

wet.dog70

Post by wet.dog70 » 27 Mar 2008, 11:24

The Jack Russell did very well so there was no question of giving it away, must have been a different one.

I think there are some good bits but whats with all the press-ups and the attitude?

Keffie

Post by Keffie » 27 Mar 2008, 11:44

All the press ups and stuff is just Mick Martins way of instilling discipline and I must say some of the owners really need it to.

The one where he gave his JR away was on last week, that guy needed some sort of order in his life, he kept full poo bags in his car errrrgh

I really like the programe though and as you say some great tips....didnt like the one with the Amercan bull dog though....wont say any more

Jo and Pebs
ImageImageImage

Casey

Post by Casey » 27 Mar 2008, 12:10

i watched that- usually i just laugh at mick martin. he always gets the middle aged hopeless women and takes the mick out of them. :lol:

anyone watch the one where that woman had a newfoundland and she started crying because mick said her brush was manky so he got the brush and threw it into the trees. cruel but funny :lol:
Casey+Leo

Suze & Martha

Post by Suze & Martha » 27 Mar 2008, 12:42

Casey wrote:i watched that- usually i just laugh at mick martin. he always gets the middle aged hopeless women and takes the mick out of them. :lol:

anyone watch the one where that woman had a newfoundland and she started crying because mick said her brush was manky so he got the brush and threw it into the trees. cruel but funny :lol:

loved that one and also loved the one when Mic had the two yorkies - pmsl !!

I like this show because it shows that its generally the owners that need training - mind you that newfie had his own mind !

didn't see last nights episode tho' - had a virtual night out !

Suze & Martha xx

wet.dog70

Post by wet.dog70 » 27 Mar 2008, 12:49

Hmmmm.
I thought there would be fans, which why I didn't want to dis' it. I can definately see the point about correcting the owner rather than the dog. I just think the press-ups and karate black-belts and 'DOG IN!' is pure TV. Dogs are not intimidated by black-belts, they don't go in for that sort of thing! :twisted:
I thought the distraction techniques, heel training and other stuff was useful. I think I just have a problem with the military sterotype as a military person myself, I think it puts us in a bad light! :|

fudgepuddle

Post by fudgepuddle » 27 Mar 2008, 12:58

:roll: I quite like that Mick! he doesn't beat about the bush, and forces the owners to realise that 9/10 it's them and not the dog.

I really like it when he falls for a dog, and his mutterings to the camera make me laugh :lol:
Mia
x
ImageImageImage

Sooty

Post by Sooty » 27 Mar 2008, 13:00

To be honest i want to take most of the owners aside and give them a good kick up the bum and tell them to get a bit of oompf. Last one i watched was the brown collie X who was very aggressive. I'm not sure how that would turn out in the end. The guys were really trying but the dog was soooooo wanting its own way. :shock:

Suze & Martha

Post by Suze & Martha » 27 Mar 2008, 13:11

Sooty wrote:To be honest i want to take most of the owners aside and give them a good kick up the bum and tell them to get a bit of oompf.
that's why I like Mic - he may not be tactful, he may not always get results but he makes the owners try hard (not saying that the other guys don't !)

it can seem a bit theatrical at times and I have to agree with Wet Dog about the dogs not caring about black belts or uniforms or whatever ....

I do like the way that Mic stands up for his team tho' - I saw one programme with a bloke who had a white alsation - quite agressive (the dog) - and this bloke was taking the p*** out of the kennel manager - Mic stepped in and calming diffused it and sent the bloke on his way.

It's not going to be to everyone's taste - I don't like Eastenders (too gloomy for me !!)

Suze & Martha xx

wet.dog70

Post by wet.dog70 » 27 Mar 2008, 13:40

Fair enough! And to be fair the problem usually is with the owner. And I guess you've got to make TV interesting too :D

dustysmum

Post by dustysmum » 27 Mar 2008, 14:18

it also gives us ladies something nice to look at besides the dogs of course :wink: