tegan park stopping breeding labradoodles!!!!!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
wissymo

tegan park stopping breeding labradoodles!!!!!

Post by wissymo » 15 Apr 2008, 19:12

ive just been looking at tegan parks website and there closing down and selling off all their dogs!!!!! cant belive it!!!
rutland manor seems to still be the same but i wonder if they will be closing down as well!!

wonder haw many will be coming to the uk!!!!

kats

Re: tegan park stopping breeding labradoodles!!!!!

Post by kats » 15 Apr 2008, 19:16

hi Wissymo

just wondering on a totally irrelevant basis - how do you manage to keep your white rug so white with a doodle in the house :shock: :)
Kats and Evie x
Image Image
Some blindness is PREVENTABLE, all parents need clear Eye certificates. Don't accept excuses.

wissymo

Post by wissymo » 15 Apr 2008, 20:11

9 kg drum washing machine.....best thing invented!!!

fudgepuddle

Post by fudgepuddle » 15 Apr 2008, 21:47

I've just had a look at the Tegan website - all the dogs are described as "lots" and although a few are advertised as "pet homes preferred", the majority seem to have their attributes listed to be more focused breeding rather than looking for loving "forever" homes.

How very sad :cry:
Mia
x
ImageImageImage

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 15 Apr 2008, 23:48

Very sad, dogs sold like the fixtures and fittings to the highest bidder, shows them up rather, doesnt it?
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

mimi

Post by mimi » 16 Apr 2008, 09:12

Oh dear....

How terrible over 40 dogs up for auction with the starting prices varying from $500 to $18,500! :shock:

The new homes will clearly not be vetted as the dogs are to be shipped out in lots - poor things :cry:

Mind you they might get a chance of a better life when they leave the puppy farm.

lucy courtney

Post by lucy courtney » 16 Apr 2008, 09:40

Gosh,I didnt realise that it was a such a huge concern,Poor dogs.And dont they all they all look different!!
Annettes Labradoodles: http://www.annetteslabradoodles.co.uk

The Labradoodle Club Of Great Britain: http://www.labradoodleclub.co.uk

Annette Courtney and Lucy Courtney

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 16 Apr 2008, 10:06

Oh dear, isn't it sad to see dogs marked up as lots and regarded as just assets to be sold of regardless. I know it's the same for farm animals but you would hope at least dogs would be thought of as in need of checks on who buys them.

What on earth has happened to Lot 27 with the bulging cheeks (or did that one at least have a toy to play with and upset the photographer :lol:

The only good thing is that they are probably far too expensive for the UK puppy farms to bother with importing. Don't know about the American market.

I know I'm not in the dog breeding business but if I was and I was closing down I don't think I would have the heart to sell them in lots but would try to find buyers for each one individually that I was happy with and I thought would care for them. In my opinion Tegan Park was clearly just another puppy farm making a lot of money, for all their fancy hype.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 16 Apr 2008, 11:07

Its easy to make money when you have no ethics, breed your bitches illegally, pay few taxes, have no breeding licence, don't have planning permission, don't pay business rates, and consistently lie to the public, all or most of the above! Puppy farmers rake it in :( These people are never strapped for cash, its the honest breeder that struggles.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

Sheldon

Post by Sheldon » 16 Apr 2008, 11:50

Oh good heavens above :shock:

No 2 looks awful, I see it is mainly Valley View :shock: :shock: no wonder she was last in the queue for good looks :!:

mimi

Post by mimi » 16 Apr 2008, 12:30

Tegan Park who are auctioning these poor animals have little regard for the dogs who have provided a huge income for them for many years :shock: :shock:

I think you are missing the point Sheldon :?

EmLovesLabradooldes

Post by EmLovesLabradooldes » 16 Apr 2008, 12:46

I'm really shocked :shock: I've always dreamed of owning an Aussie labradoodle one day but there is no way I would buy from Tegan/Rutland - they are just heatless puppy farmers! How can anyone just sell off their dogs to the highest bidder? :evil:

lucy courtney

Post by lucy courtney » 16 Apr 2008, 12:50

Whats Valley view got to do with anything!! Its Tegan park selling these poor dogs,to anyone who bids the highest bid.
Annettes Labradoodles: http://www.annetteslabradoodles.co.uk

The Labradoodle Club Of Great Britain: http://www.labradoodleclub.co.uk

Annette Courtney and Lucy Courtney

Jac

Post by Jac » 16 Apr 2008, 13:22

They are sooooooo expensive! (and that's before the shipping costs). I never realised that by importing an Australian labradoodle you were inadvertently supporting a puppy farm. :shock:

One bitch has already had 3 litters and they are selling her as a breeding bitch. :shock:

Anyway, I actually like the look of our UK scruffy doods best! (but I am biased of course!) :lol:
The Bear

lewis

Post by lewis » 16 Apr 2008, 13:31

They are beautiful looking dogs I made a private offer but the reserve was £10.ooo pounds so plus £2,000 for shipping that wouild be over £12.000 so I think I will buy one from a uk breeder