Who's who???

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
ktm

Who's who???

Post by ktm » 17 May 2008, 21:40

Hello
Wondered if anyone was interested in telling me about themselves, family, pets, work, hobbies etc so I can get to know the dood owners??

Shall I start.. I'm Kate, husband Rich, Kids Ellie -11yrs, Jack - 5yrs, Laura 18months. I am 34 yrs old
I work for the NHS as a Transfusion Nurse Practitioner, new job, originally worked in intensive care baby unit for 10 years so complete change! I have 2 dogs, 1 cat and 2 rabbits. Live in a village called Thorngumbald in east yorkshire. Hobbies are jogging, walking, animal madness and reading.
My ambition is to win the lottery and open my own luxury boarding kennel. That's it really.
Over to you!
Kate

AnnaCostaire

Re: Who's who???

Post by AnnaCostaire » 17 May 2008, 22:03

Hi Kate - think this might be an interesting thread! Well here goes.

I'm Anna, am ancient, no OH now, daughter 41, g/daughter 21, g/sons 16 and 2 months (!), 1 doodle, 2 adult JR's, 1 pup JR, 5 cats, 1 fish, 1 bird (finch), 25 rabbits, 30 Muscovey Ducks and around 45 Miniature Horses (at the last count!). Been either farming or horses all my life - qualified to teach horse students. 'Retired' 5 years ago (officially), but working just as hard as ever! Hobbies - if and when time allows - gardening, historical buildings, family trees, peaceful walks with the dogs. Now living deep in a forest near Brechfa, Wales.

Anna and M
I breed miniature horses and am owned by a doodle called M who is the best thing since sliced bread.

Bid

Post by Bid » 17 May 2008, 22:08

Hi Kate, I'm Bid - have OH but no kids, currently retraining from IT consultant to Farm Secretary. Have 2 doods, 1 lab & 2 cats. Most interesting bit - my mother hails from Thorngumbald :shock: :shock: :shock: Wonder if we're related! :lol: :lol: :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

lisabailiff

Post by lisabailiff » 17 May 2008, 22:20

OK here we go
Im lisa 36, married Henry 45 for 13yrs, daughter shona 13, two cats Pheobe 7, Norman 4, two dogs Archie chinese crested 2 and Amos doodle nearly 4 months old. Work as a cover supervisor in science dept at a high school (8 yrs), looking to change direction and work with teenage pregnant mums and anxious non-attenders. Born & still live in huddersfield. Hobbies family & pets, D.I.Y, golf & family hols when we get the chance. :wink:
x

SNOOPY2

Post by SNOOPY2 » 17 May 2008, 22:38

Hi i'm Tracey, married to Chris for 20 Year spent many years travelling as Chris was in the RAF. Joined Civvy street 3 years ago. Have two boyz Mike 18 and Dan 16. I was a primary school teacher but din'tagree with alot of the politics plus other things. I have a dood called Alfie who is 5months, a Manchester Terrier that we rescued called TJ (Toby Jug) who is 15 years old and a cat called Molly Moo who is 6. I want to work with schools to develop a programme to teach EAL. Enlish as an additional language.

patjoe

Post by patjoe » 17 May 2008, 22:47

Hi
I`m Pat OH Joe, I retired in Nov 07 after 18 years working at the Citizens Advice Bureau.Two kids Mark a sergeant in Army divorced with 2 daughters aged 16 & 11 and a daughter with 3 children, 2 boys and one girl. Eldest grandson is profoundly deaf with learning difficulties so I am currently learning BSL. We got our dood as I needed something else in my life that would keep me active as I think I could easily have vegitated! Now have much more involvment with grand-children as daughter lives 5 minutes walk away. OH is 69 & I am 61 so hope our young boy Alfie will keep us fit and well. Its great having no other committments so we can give him our time, best decision we`ve made to get another dog even though I was apprehensive due to our age
Pat

Barneyboy

Post by Barneyboy » 17 May 2008, 22:51

I'm Fran, I live with Big Dave, my OH (not married but been together for nearly 15 years), I already had a 13 year old son David when we met, and we now have a 13 year old called Scott and a nearly 11 year old called Gareth. I have 1 Dood, called Barney whose 18 months, a Springer called Missy whose about 8, and a Sprollie (springer x Border collie) called Bonnie who is nearly 16 - but will still 'play fight' with Barney.

I work for a 'Waste Management' company (we encourage companies to recycle by making it easier for them - we arrange all the containers and collections they need and repay them any return, while they pay us a management fee). I used to run my own puppy classes under the Puppy School franchise, as well as doing behaviour and training one to ones, but there just weren't enough hours in the day to earn a decent living at it and still see the family, especially as Big Dave works 24/7 shifts as 3rd line support for the Foreign Office helpdesk. In my spare time I enjoy gardening, cooking and researching my family tree on line - I have just discovered that my adoptive parents were actually distant relatives!

peppersdad

Post by peppersdad » 18 May 2008, 00:27

Ok Mark and Claire here, Peppers Crew. 2 Kids that we know about Joe 18 Ran 15 . I am a mortgage broker which means I am now retired at 50(only joking Claire)
Joe plays Cricket and chases girls Ran follows in her mother artistic footsteps and is late for everything
Claire is the best Pet portrait artist you will ever come across but I am allowed to be biased. I have an allottment to go and hide on Claire loves her Garden when not paintingand life now revolves around Pepper.

Beccy

Post by Beccy » 18 May 2008, 06:15

Hello, I'm Beccy I am 22 and I live in southampton with boyfriend, of four and a half years, Adam. We are both students but as of last wednesday we have both officially finished :lol:
We are going to have some major changes in our lives over the next year or so - new home :P new town :P new jobs :P and new doodle :mrgreen: Adam is now a fully trained articteculal technologist (the dorkiest kind of architect you can be :D ) and is job hunting at the moment. I am going to be starting an MA course in Museum Studies next year, and we are moving to Bournemouth as soon as we possibly can. We figigured while everything else was going to change we would love to get a dog, as we feel now that we can give it the time and attention it needs.

PS- I think this is a really good idea - getting everyone to introduce themseleves its really nice and so interesting.
beccy :D

peelm

Post by peelm » 18 May 2008, 12:17

Hi
I'm Janet, 44,married to Michael, second time for us both. I have two boys- Simon 17 and Robbie 16. We have the dood Fozz and four cats. I teach at a middle school and am in charge of the Special Needs for the school. I am looking to do something else!! Michael is a database administrator for a large company. We live in a large town but it's between coast and countryside, so plenty of great walks. We are a musical family with an interest in am. dram. Si is a Grade 8 drummer and Robs is working on Grade 6 piano. Michael plays a mean guitar (or 6!) and likes to do recording in our loft studio. I like singing and treading the boards. we also like horse riding when we get the chance. Next!
Michael, Janet, Fozzie and Dylan

For all your pet portraits, visit :- http://www.theloudhouse.co.uk

valyasmom

Post by valyasmom » 18 May 2008, 18:22

Ok, I'm Jenny, married to John. We have an 8 y.o. daughter named Valentina. We're Americans who have been living in London for 5 years. My husband works in finance, and I'm retired from advertising. Valentina is a whirling dervish. I would love to go back to work in a different field, as I consider my 20 years in advertising as 20 years wasted, basically...
We are getting our goldendoodle (who will be named Grace) NEXT SATURDAY! and I'm both excited and apprehensive...
I've enjoyed this site immensely and have learned a lot. I hope.
Over to you...

tashanlouie

Post by tashanlouie » 18 May 2008, 18:42

Well my name is Natasha aka Tasha, Im 19 years old and am owned by Louie who is 8 months and 1/2 months old. I am engaged to Chris and are getting hitched next year :D still live at home but are looking for our own place. Looking to rehome an older dog sometime this year :D
Forgot to say I work in a high school as a teaching assistant!
Last edited by tashanlouie on 18 May 2008, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
Tasha

ktm

Post by ktm » 18 May 2008, 18:48

Hello everyone,
Wow didn't expect that!!! Thank you for telling me and everyone else all about yourselves, really interesting. I thought it would be nice as a 'get to know you better thing'. So many different variety of jobs and families that our doods belong to. Hope we have some more people share their lives with us.
Thanks again...I feel like I've made new friends...Ahhhhhh :roll: :oops: :lol:

ktm

Post by ktm » 18 May 2008, 18:51

Bid wrote:Hi Kate, I'm Bid - have OH but no kids, currently retraining from IT consultant to Farm Secretary. Have 2 doods, 1 lab & 2 cats. Most interesting bit - my mother hails from Thorngumbald :shock: :shock: :shock: Wonder if we're related! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really.....that's spooky - small world! :shock: :shock:

Emma

Post by Emma » 18 May 2008, 20:37

I'm Emma, married to John for 21 years. Two children, Tom 20, and James 17. We own a fish and chip shop which we are now trying to sell so we can retire. John is 59, I am a spring chicken of 46 ( I keep him young :wink: )
Amos is my bestest boy, he's 2 and a half. We also have Fluffy our cat who is a complete monster - he really isnt very nice. he launches himself at us, claws out, and attaches himself to whatever bit of body he can, I swear he's trying to kill me. But Amos loves him, and he loves Amos.
Amos and Emma