Who's who???

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
graciedoodle

Re: Who's who???

Post by graciedoodle » 18 May 2008, 21:04

My name is Jacqui,married to Mick (one legged farmer and artic lorry driver)!! I have 2 sons,Justin 29 and Dominic 24 and 1 daughter Samantha 22. I have 2 grandaughters aged 3 1/2 and 10 weeks and 1 grandson 3 3/4, Kira,Jasmine and Jay. I have 3 poodles and 3 doodles plus 8 other dogs! All are great dogs,some madder than others, but all lovely in their own way. We live on a smallholding so dogs have plenty of space to run about or laze about. We have a shire horse called Nu Nu, 7 cows,2 bulls,1 steer and 4 calves,2 geese,6 chickens and 9 chicks plus too many cockerals! Cattle and geese all have names too. My passion is dogs but love all animals,luckily Mick loves them too. Oh and i hate housework espeically as it takes me ages to clean my kitchen every morning due to dogs running in and out and a husband who cant do anything without making a mess! :evil: Sorry if i have bored you all with this long post,i am a chatterbox incase you havnt already guessed! :D
experienced hobby labradoodle breeder.all parents health tested and pups reared indoors and garden.f1s,f1bs and minis occasionly available.

Bid

Post by Bid » 18 May 2008, 21:08

Blimey Jacqui - I'm surprised you get to do any housework with all that lot to look after :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

julies0708

Post by julies0708 » 18 May 2008, 21:28

I'm Julie (46) married to Steve, 2 kids Abby, 16 & Sean 14. I'm a HR consultant for Manpower in a BT callcentre, OH works on an oilrig in the middle of the North Sea!

We live at the very top of Scotland with our choccy lab, Bracken 13, Bailey our cream doodle, 2 and our four cats, Cola 18, Dale 10, Tikka & Flynn 10 months! have a fantastic life up here, plenty of clean fresh air, huge skys and loads of beautiful places to take dogs walks, just a pity its so far from civilisation!

enjoy a large glass of wine more than occassionally :lol:

Doods just wanna have fun

Image Image

steph08

Post by steph08 » 18 May 2008, 22:08

I'm Steph, I'm 38 and have been married to Chris for 17 years. I have 3 children, Daisy (16), Seth (14) and Nancy (12). I have 9 chickens and am getting a dood in the summer (mid July) and I'm so excited about it :lol: I currently work as a teaching assistant in a village primary school, but completed my degree last year and now I am currently working on my PGCE (post graduate certificate of education) so I can become a teacher! But I am feeling very unmotivated at the moment and instead of studying I find myself on the forum :roll:

This is a great thread by the way :!: :!: :lol:

freyadog

Post by freyadog » 18 May 2008, 22:46

steph08 wrote:I'm Steph, I'm 38 and have been married to Chris for 17 years. I have 3 children, Daisy (16), Seth (14) and Nancy (12). I have 9 chickens and am getting a dood in the summer (mid July) and I'm so excited about it :lol: I currently work as a teaching assistant in a village primary school, but completed my degree last year and now I am currently working on my PGCE (post graduate certificate of education) so I can become a teacher! But I am feeling very unmotivated at the moment and instead of studying I find myself on the forum :roll:

This is a great thread by the way :!: :!: :lol:

Hi Steph tried to pm you sorry but you have no pm button :?
Caroline x

steph08

Post by steph08 » 18 May 2008, 22:53

Ooops! I think I had the wrong setting on my profile, should be ok now ....I hope! xx :oops:

Katie Rourke

Post by Katie Rourke » 19 May 2008, 08:41

Hi I'm Katie, OH is Steve and he's a builder. We've got 2 kids, Jenson 3 3/4 and Daisy 1 3/4. The four dogs are David (Jack Russell Terrorist - 11 yrs), Flossy (Standard Poodle - 5 yrs), George (Welsh Collie - 3 yrs) and Hermione (Labradoodle, Flossy's Daughter, almost 2). We also have 4 "moggie" cats. However, the house seems empty after reading Graciedoodle's post! I've been a dog trainer for 19 years, I took up grooming 2 years ago too and absolutely love that too. I've a big interest in Holistic care for canines and a passion for Labradoodles!
Katie is a passionate canine professional who has been working with dogs all of her adult life. She is an experienced clicker trainer and has trained dogs for Films and TV. Katie now runs http://www.centrestagedoggrooming.co.uk/home.html.

teamcameron

Post by teamcameron » 19 May 2008, 10:48

Hi
Im Tina OH Steven Son Cameron 8yrs. Im at home full time since we had Cameron, but before that was a Travel Manager ,Steven is a Government Officer.
We live Nr Rochester Kent and would love to meet up with any dood owners in our area. We have only had our dood 2 weeks (Geeza) but he can now go out on short walks.

If there is a Dood meet in Kent we would love to come along, I know I will probably have to carry Geeza most of the time. :lol:

Great to read all about everyone, well done Kate for the idea. :P :P :P
Image Tina Steven Cameron and Geeza

Murphy's mum

Post by Murphy's mum » 19 May 2008, 13:14

Hi
I'm Chris(50) , reception class teacher, married to Phil (51) for 24 years. Three kids- Hannah (20) currently in Oz playing hockey for Sydney Uni, Jess (17) in sixth form and Ben (15) another hockey player! We have 2 doodles - Murphy (13 months) and Holly (9 months). We live in North East at present but have lived all over UK.
No other pets but we have a guinea pig called Rolo and a rabbit called Ruby at school and we hatch eggs every year and have ducklings and chickens running round the classroom - they all come home at weekends! :mrgreen:
We all play hockey and enjoy walking/camping in the Lakes.
I took up skydiving at 50!!! :mrgreen:

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 19 May 2008, 14:33

Murphy's mum wrote: I took up skydiving at 50!!! :mrgreen:
Wow :lol: Go, girl :lol: :lol:

I'm Cecilia, married to Hubbie (how old fashioned is that nowadays :lol: ) and living with half our possessions in a little house, awaiting the glorious day when the builders stop turning our house into a collander and we can move in.

We have a daughter, aged 23, whose graduation from Oxford we attended this weekend - very proud parents - who is going to train as a corporate lawyer (until she realises the futility of the rat race :evil:) whom we hope will provide for us in our old age (some chance) :lol:

Animal wise now we just have Jack, an 8 month old black (ish) bundle of Doodle fun we love dearly. I had to wait to have a dog again until we relocated back to Devon and I took a year's sabattical to get the house built, as I normally work as a free-lance arts manager running theatre and arts projects for various clients.

Now I am looking forward to being able to sit in my 'Do the Lot' jacuzzi bath, with a bottle of champagne, looking straight out to sea across the bay - and No, Jack will NOT be allowed to join me - the bubbles might go up his nose :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

tjay

Post by tjay » 19 May 2008, 16:07

Hello Kate,

I'm Tanya and live with my boyfriend Ian and our 13week old Labradoodle puppy, Samson. I'm 27 and we got since getting Samson 7 weeks ago, no longer have any hobbies or social life (only joking, but it does seem like he's taken over!).

I work in clinical research within the NHS. I take my hat off to those of you who teach, as I completed my PGCE a couple of years ago, and there is no way on earth you's get me back in the classroom!

I'm currently the laughing stock within my group of friends, who have all joined facebook, whilst I've joined a labradoodle website :mrgreen: .

Tx

Osaeru

Post by Osaeru » 19 May 2008, 20:50

I'm Nicola (38) Married to Den (Disabled) (50 in two weeks and don't I know it!) for ten years.
We are a conjoined family with 6 children. James 23 (expecting his first child and our first grandchild in October - me a Granny at 38!) Jason 21 this year, Kirsty 18, Both starting University this September Charlotte who has ADHD/Aspergers 16 doing her GCSE's, Damon and Naomi - Both Autistic Aged 9 who attend a brillaint local special school.

I am about to start a Degree in early learning in Families, Schools and beyond after which I hope to get onto the PGCE course and teach in Primary aged 3-11.

I am off to Guatemala next year for two months (Thanks to supportive OH) to Teach and learn Spanish

The Teacher at the school I was observing in today said I should write a book about my experiences, might well do that!

Oh and I also have Bipolar Affective Disorder.

Never a Dull moment in our house!

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » 20 May 2008, 14:49

Hello! I am Fliss, i am 34, i have three daughters connie 16, jade 14 and lauren-mae 7 and my partner dean, i ama carer for my disabled daughter, but am also on the look out for a little part time work. I have a diploma in flower essences and wicca and akeen interest in all things nature based! Summer will be my 5th dog, but my first labradoodle! I am picking her up june 8th. Not sure what else to say except you all seem a lovely helpful bunch! x
ImageImageImage

ktm

Post by ktm » 20 May 2008, 19:36

Hello everyone
Thanks for getting in touch. It is always interesting to see how other families live, work and play. My hat goes off to all you carers - I think carers often get forgotten the phrase 'who cares for the carers' comes into my mind. Have met many parents caring for a disabled relatives and all of them are very special people. It is very nice to meet you all and I am very glad you are enjoying this 'thread' I think they call it!!

Hope you are all well and keep those posts coming - love to meet up with you all...We could do a world record doodle meet! Ha

If anyone has got 2 doods of similar ages can you tell me if you have encountered any problems etc?

Fliss where are you getting your dood from on the 8th June? I'm getting another one in June it might be the same breeder
Kate