Freya's Puppies - The Final Countdown!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
ralph'smum

Re: Freya's Puppies - The Final Countdown!

Post by ralph'smum » 25 Jun 2008, 18:03

Hope all going well with Freya and all the pups arrive safely
Tracey & Ralph

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » 25 Jun 2008, 18:45

Come on Freya, give it some welly! xx Any sign yet!x
ImageImageImage

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 25 Jun 2008, 19:23

OMG I feel sick!!! I reckon in the next 24 hours too! :D

Linda, I'm going to be up every hour through the night checking to see if there's any news! :roll: If it does happen during the night and you really want to tell someone the news, feel free to text me!!! I'll have the phone by my bed and would love to hear no matter what time.

Without going into detail :oops: I got a little loose before I had my kids. I think it's natures way of clearing you out before you go into labour so when you push, you only push out the babies if you get my drift!!! :shock:

Freya, we're feeling your pain and so proud of you. Go girl!

Love the photos of Ellie too - she's adorable and it's just made me more impatient to see my little doodster. Bagsy a black one! :wink:

Rachxx

P.S. Thanks for the tips on harnesses :D

amber

Post by amber » 25 Jun 2008, 19:42

Hi Rach
Thanks for the message, of course i will keep in touch :D , but i may have forgotton how to text i am not very into mobiles, or putters, i just about manage, it must be me age. At least that's my excuse. I will try my best though :D
Linda x

calpop

Post by calpop » 25 Jun 2008, 20:27

:D Hi Linda,
Have followed Freya's development - I think defo tonight - around 11.30pm - then lots of scrummy little pups by 5.00am.
Just wanted to wish you both lots of luck and Linda - keep breathing :lol:
Will be checking in first thing in the morning xxx

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 25 Jun 2008, 20:30

Have you thought any more about whether to video the birth? Could be a first for this site, though you may have to include a warning in case people are eating their dinner :shock:

I reckon Freya would achieve the most viewed posting though! :lol:

Rachxx

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 25 Jun 2008, 20:36

I'd definitely be interested to see the birth - I'm not at all squeamish and absolutely fascinated by nature !
I expect OH will have his hands full already with the hot water, towels and buckets of coffee for the midwives LOL !!
I'll be checking in again before bed and then first thing - that's if I sleep at all.........................

Liz xxxx
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

amber

Post by amber » 25 Jun 2008, 20:45

Yes i think we will do a little recording of it if possible. I am unconvinced it will be tonight now though, she has just finished another bowl of mince, and has just belched loudly. :shock:
Linda :)

AnnaCostaire

Post by AnnaCostaire » 25 Jun 2008, 22:05

:lol: :lol: :lol: Perhaps she feels more comfortable now!!

I think she will keep you guessing for another night or two - then just as you leave the room to make yet another cup of coffee to help keep your eyes open........... :P

Hoping all goes well for a safe delivery, bless her!

Anna and M
I breed miniature horses and am owned by a doodle called M who is the best thing since sliced bread.

amber

Post by amber » 25 Jun 2008, 22:09

Bridget has just been round to see how she is as she is helping with the delivery, she said that she is in the first stages of labour with her panting, and also her puppies have dropped downwards.She said she thinks she could go on for a couple of days like this, but at any rate we wont be long. Looks like Friday or Saturday.

Hunnybunch

Post by Hunnybunch » 25 Jun 2008, 22:22

Ooooo, this is exciting! first time on the site and waiting with bated breath to hear that Freya has done a fantastic job yet again!!! My doodle is Daisy and she is one of freya's babies from last year; getting a sister (I hope)

Cuddles to Freya and thinking of you Linda - Daisy says Hi and she can't wait

Prediction - 10 4 cream, 6 black (at least 2 cream girls) so I can have one!!
ImageImage

AnnaCostaire

Post by AnnaCostaire » 25 Jun 2008, 22:26

I know you all know what you are doing and that Freya has done it all before and that you have Bridget on hand, but don't let her go on 'panting' too long - some dogs start this as the pups are trying to be born (agreed that some have several short panting sessions over several days before labour really starts), and the first pup might be 'holding' up the process.

I was told (years ago!) by my vet that if my bitch started 'serious' panting and no pup appeared after an hour to an hour and a half, then something was 'blocking' the birth, and to call the vet.

Just needed to say this. Not wishing to interfere - just concerned for the lovely Freya!

The excitement is building :P :P

Anna and M
I breed miniature horses and am owned by a doodle called M who is the best thing since sliced bread.

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 25 Jun 2008, 23:03

"My doodle is Daisy and she is one of freya's babies from last year"

Hi, I will be getting one of this years litter ! Would love to see pics of Daisy if you have time to post any. Am hoping for a girl myself !

Liz x
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

amber

Post by amber » 25 Jun 2008, 23:25

Hunnybunch wrote:Ooooo, this is exciting! first time on the site and waiting with bated breath to hear that Freya has done a fantastic job yet again!!! My doodle is Daisy and she is one of freya's babies from last year; getting a sister (I hope)

Cuddles to Freya and thinking of you Linda - Daisy says Hi and she can't wait

Prediction - 10 4 cream, 6 black (at least 2 cream girls) so I can have one!!
HELLOOOOO, lovely to see you. I may be able to find a pic of Daisy to put on in a sec. But hope you can find one too Lise :D
What a lovely surprise, of course Daisy and Ellie, and all the little babes from last year have all a special place in our hearts, always will too.

Thanks Anna, i'm glad you said that, as it's all too true, but she is ok, and she was jabbering away to Bridget in doggy talk earlier. I will be keeping an eye on her, checking her colour and her breathing, likely all night.
Linda x

amber

Post by amber » 25 Jun 2008, 23:38

This is Daisy, since this she has had a fab new hairdo though.