Freya's Puppies - The Final Countdown!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Bid

Re: Freya's Puppies - The Final Countdown!

Post by Bid » 29 Jun 2008, 21:54

Gosh I do feel for Linda & Anna, and their expectant Mums. Come on girls - it must be baby time by now :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

amber

Post by amber » 29 Jun 2008, 23:18

her babies are on the way

pickle

Post by pickle » 29 Jun 2008, 23:36

oh wow! Go Freya!!

Treacletoffee

Post by Treacletoffee » 29 Jun 2008, 23:44

How are things progressing??
Doodling good in Cornwall
I shudder to think of a world without doods !!

smilerz

Post by smilerz » 29 Jun 2008, 23:48

Thank God. Go Freya go.

We are thinking of you from down under.

GOOD LUCK

Adele, Adam and Team
PS. What about Sparticus, a friend has a chocolate lab stud called Sparticus and he is stunning.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D

amber

Post by amber » 30 Jun 2008, 00:08

Nothing as yet and panting and straining has stopped. I have Bridget here with me,
all ready and waiting, but i think we may have a false alarm, sorry! :roll:
Linda :oops:

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 30 Jun 2008, 01:41

Hi hun,
Just got back from a weekend working away - haven't been able to get on a pc much apart from to quickly check for updates.
Your nerves must be frazzled by now with the uncertainty of it all, you poor thing. Fortunately I've been too busy to think too much about it,
otherwise I think I'd have gone nuts this weekend LOL.
Anyway, looks like another sleepelss night for you guys - hope for all your sakes sake it happens soon.
I'm with you in spirit !!
Liz xx
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

amber

Post by amber » 30 Jun 2008, 01:56

Thanks Liz, and sorry every one who picked up and responded. I was sure it was happening
because she was laying on the bed with me, and had been panting for about one hour, and i took her outside
to see if she needed to push, or anything, and she seemed to strain for about 30 seconds, and nothing came out.
At that point i ran indoors and called Bridget. Then nothing more. Alex took her for a little walk, and when he came back he said that
she has squatted but done nothing, so i am confused. She is resting peacefully now in her welping box :?
Linda.

smilerz

Post by smilerz » 30 Jun 2008, 01:58

I am so excited for your Freya and Linda.

So to keep you awake and to bore you it is 10:45am Monday morning here in Oz. We have been up since 5am as Adam had a 4hr trip to Newcastle today and so I have been left with 4 big dogs and 7 puppies. It has been manic here, hoovered the floors and mopped them, cooked the puppies and the big dogs a nice breakfast, answered emails and did the poop a scoop run, before embarking on having the first cupa of the day which ended up on the grass the second ended up in the puppies and the third has ended up going cold, the second one was consumed by the puppies as Magic had broken out of the garden and was heading down the dam and the road, this is the main road from Sydney to Brisbane (Queensland) with 7 puppies in tow and Baileys and Steve prancing around like prats. Poor old Bonnie she was with me as she has to stay quiet as she has just had an operation any Bonnie and I were at that point of finally sitting down to have this second cuppa and a Linsead and Honey roll when all hell broke loose, 17 acres is a lot of running when you have a very sore stomach as you scar is infected and is very painful. Puppies came when called thanks god and drank my coffee and all the others came although Steve thought it was Christmas and came dancing around as per usual. That is all I need, I have no car and we are about 20minutes to the nearest town here as Adam has got the car, he has left me with the phone with NO credit, prat what more can I say, he has my phone which is contract as it is a Sat NAv phone and he needed it to get to where he was going. Anyway I have now fixed the fence and have proceeded to have another cuppa whilst sending this message and I am now going to tuck into a nice Chocolate Lamington, yumee and wait to see how Freya goes.

Will be watching with anticipation, I shall be on email all day if i can be of any help. adele@baileysandblue.co.uk

Good luck, oh i am so excited for you i realy am,

Adele xx

So come on Freya bring those little ones into the world so you mum doesn't have to read what we are doing Down Under and bore her.

amber

Post by amber » 30 Jun 2008, 02:13

:lol: :lol: :lol:
This is strange :lol: Thanks for the email. I better try and sleep is suppose, but feel wide awake now
after all the cups of tea i've had. I got to drink mine too :mrgreen:
Night all.

AnnaCostaire

Post by AnnaCostaire » 30 Jun 2008, 02:41

Golly nearly had a heart attack there! Just logged in and read that Freya was having her pups!! Scrolled down to find the outcome and what do I find? Freya was playing a little joke on poor Linda and Bridget, and having got them all worked up, she took a gentle stroll and returned to her bed for some shut eye. Then lots of other Doodle mad owners have been posting wanting to know if there is any news, which must mean that there are quite a few of us glued to our pooters though the night waiting for Freya to produce the goods, bless her.
Scrolled down some more to find Adele running up and down the road in the early hours trying to round up her tribe, who seem determined to keep her from her morning coffee - I hope you were dressed Adele and not still in your nightie, still I expect the comments from passing cars would simply be ' must be one of those mad Limeys'!!
Well I hope everything has calmed down a little on both sides of the world. When you have finished fence mending Adele, chill out with another coffee - hope you get to drink it this time. And Linda, try to get a bit of a snooze if you can. Give Freya a gentle stroke from me and tell her we are all thinking of her, she's one very special lady.

As for me? Well like Linda, I'm still waiting LOL!!

Anna and M
I breed miniature horses and am owned by a doodle called M who is the best thing since sliced bread.

smilerz

Post by smilerz » 30 Jun 2008, 03:04

Hi Anna,

No I was fully clothed, god if I had been in my nighty there would be no cars on the Highway they would have been in the State Forest somewhere from shock....

All the puppies and big dogs are now back and are playing in the garden till the next time, Magic should have been named Houdini as she always manages to appear from no-where or find a way of escape.

I hope Freya has heer pups soon, poor old Linda will need match sticks to keep her eyes open at this rate.

How are you going Anna, any news on your mare or have I missed some of the gossip.

It is 12 oclock lunchtime here on a Monday morning and it is beautiful in the sun for winters day.

Catch up soon,

We are all on tenterhooks for Freya's babies.

Adele xxxxxxxxx

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 30 Jun 2008, 07:47

Oh heavens, this isn't fun anymore!!! :shock:

Freya you do like to add a little drama to things don't you! Maybe she doesn't want June babies for some reason. :?

I'm off on the school run then going to the gym to take my mind off things. Hope you managed to get some sleep Linda and let us know how you get on at the vets. Hopefully they can do something to help things along.

Rachxx

lisabailiff

Post by lisabailiff » 30 Jun 2008, 07:55

Hi Linda,
Just logged on as computer crashed last night, how are you all this morning :?: is Freya coping (and you of coarse, you must be rather frayed around the edges now). This is so exciting. Off to do voluntary work today, hope there is some news when I get home this afternoon. Come on Freya, theres a girl, mum & dad are frantic for new babies.
Take care and will be thinking of you all today.
Lisa & Amos
x

Osaeru

Post by Osaeru » 30 Jun 2008, 09:12

Ohhh the tenterhooks!

Hope everything is Tickety-Boo your end - Apart from the endless waiting!