Freya's Puppies - The Final Countdown!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Osaeru

Re: Freya's Puppies - The Final Countdown!

Post by Osaeru » 30 Jun 2008, 15:09

I agree something is in the wind.

Hope everything is ok

xx

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 30 Jun 2008, 15:47

I've bitten my nails almost down to the knuckle :!: :shock:
I do hope everything's OK and poor Freya's not having too hard a time of it.............
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

amber

Post by amber » 30 Jun 2008, 15:50

Hello All

Freya was a bit unwell earlier, she was sick a couple of times, and straining to poo, which was loose. I have had advice that it isnt unusual for this to happen because the puppies are pushing down on her organs and also she could have a little bit of a tummy bug. I have phoned the vets too, who were happy to fit her in but as she isnt too out of timing for the due date, and she has no discolouration i have decided against taking her unless we have an absolute emergency. The trouble is she could pick something up at the vets, and she is really too large to stress. The up is that she cheered up when we had a couple of breeder visiters to see her, and she has since had a little meat. She is resting and she won't be long- i hope.

Taking the timing from the first mating would make her overdue now, but from the second would make her due today, or tomorrow, just to give an idea. She is uncomfortable, but that is to be expected with her size, but she is cheerful, and not distressed.

It's not an easy decision because at times i am worried about her, but we are staying put for now.
Thanks for all your thoughts, they mean a lot to us.

AnnaCostaire

Post by AnnaCostaire » 30 Jun 2008, 15:53

Oh dear Oh dear. Do hope everything is ok. It must be that Freya is having her pups, either at home or with the vet's help.

Dont think it can be Linda catching up on her sleep, she wouldnt do that this close to Freya whelping.

So I think all prayers, thoughts, good wishes from everyone should now be directed at Freya. She and her pups may be needing that little bit of extra support right now.

We are all thinking of you Freya and your little babies.

Anna and M
I breed miniature horses and am owned by a doodle called M who is the best thing since sliced bread.

AnnaCostaire

Post by AnnaCostaire » 30 Jun 2008, 15:58

So pleased to hear everything is ok Linda - I just posted at the same time as you!! I thought you must be in the middle of things as we hadnt heard from you!

You must forgive us for getting in a panic every time a few hours go past with no news. We forget that you are busy looking after Freya (and the rest), whereas we just sit at our computers strumming our fingers and wondering what is happening.

Promise to be a bit more patient in future LOL!!

Anna and M
I breed miniature horses and am owned by a doodle called M who is the best thing since sliced bread.

amber

Post by amber » 30 Jun 2008, 16:07

Hi Anna
I 'm seriously glad of the company, it is hard watching and waiting, for everyone i think. How's all your end, have you a pitter patter of little hooves yet?
Linda :D

Bid

Post by Bid » 30 Jun 2008, 16:13

Hi Linda, Glad to hear Freya is OK. If you want a hand walking the others over the next week when Alex is back at work let me know - I'm around most of the time :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

amber

Post by amber » 30 Jun 2008, 16:22

Arh thanks Bid. it is a nuisance that i timed the holiday wrong.
I'll let you know how it goes, but do you know what you're letting yourself in for, actually yes you do :lol:
Robbie was overly affectionate today to Shelly and Bridget :shock: :roll:
Linda

amber

Post by amber » 30 Jun 2008, 16:29

Freya is sussing out a bush in the garden at the moment, and she has started scratching around. :roll: :wink:
Linda

ktm

Post by ktm » 30 Jun 2008, 17:25

I can sense puppies....I think they are coming.....Go Freya get those little doods and doodets out....push push push...............Good luck Linda big hugs to you all.
Kate

amber

Post by amber » 30 Jun 2008, 17:37

Thanks Kate. I sense your not wrong, but dont like to say too much, because we are still waiting. She is out for her walk now, to see if we can't get things moving along a bit :lol:
I simply can't wait :lol:
Linda x

Osaeru

Post by Osaeru » 30 Jun 2008, 17:48

Neither can the rest of us! :) :)

Hope Freya's walk is "productive" :wink:

brandy

Post by brandy » 30 Jun 2008, 18:25

is it as stressful to everyone else , with the biting of nails and checking the forum every half hour/ *grins* not posting much as i know i would just get silly *laughs* but im so excited for her! come on babies we want to see you!

amber

Post by amber » 30 Jun 2008, 18:51

Gawd, Brandy, if anyones laughing it's at me. What a numpy :oops: :lol:

Hunnybunch

Post by Hunnybunch » 30 Jun 2008, 18:55

Ok lets try again, Daisy is one of Freya's babies from last year, hopefully attaching 2 photo's of Daisy at 3 months and one year old

[img][URL=http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk23 ... dres-1.jpg]http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk23 ... dres-1.jpg
[/img]

Ok, sod it, I give up!! :mrgreen:
ImageImage