Freya's Puppies - The Final Countdown!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Treacletoffee

Re: Freya's Puppies - The Final Countdown!

Post by Treacletoffee » 01 Jul 2008, 22:42

Congratulations!!! what a lovely ending to a perfect story.Well done to all involved. I think a good rest for everyone is the plan of the day.
Now let the real fun begin watching them grow into little bundles of joy and mischeif. xxxxxxxxxx for pups X big one for mum followed by hugs
Doodling good in Cornwall
I shudder to think of a world without doods !!

brandy

Post by brandy » 01 Jul 2008, 22:55

well done and congrats!
im so pleased fr you and freya!!
ahh bless makes me all broody!
absolutly stunning pics! and love how you remembered the other two!*G* its funny how the bigger ones can be forgotten about in all the excitment of the babies!
:D

glenburn

Post by glenburn » 01 Jul 2008, 23:11

Congratulations again to you all. 1 pup when l left for work this am, got home tonight to find you've now got 10. Fantastic, l am so pleased for you.

Fiona & Maisie Doodle

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 01 Jul 2008, 23:50

I'm bawling my eyes out here! Combination of a very emotional day & too much wine to celebrate :shock:

Love that little cream one amongst the rest , bless!

Mine's a little black boy please hiccup! My friends all reckon I should call hime Teddy as he'll grow up to look like a big teddy bear.

So Happy Birthday Teddy and all the rest and of course well done Freya. You look so proud and so protective!

Can't wait to meet you all, you especially Linda. Really weird how close you can get to someone without actually meeting them! Oh I'll shut up now, too much wine & too happy so probably sounding a wee bit daft!

Big hugs to you all & well done Freya. V V proud of you!

Rachxx

AnnaCostaire

Post by AnnaCostaire » 01 Jul 2008, 23:56

Oh Linda how wonderful, 10 beautiful pups. What a clever girl Freya is, and managing all on her own too. Bet those last two really caught you by suprise!

This has been so exciting to watch/read, thank you so much for sharing it with us, it has been a brilliant 'coaster ride' doing the will she - wont she as we waited impatiently for the new arrivals. A new month, a lovely sunny day, and 10 new little lives to celebrate :P :P

That first picture of Freya and her pups must be a 'framed keeper', she looks so very happy and contented, a perfect picture of a caring new Mum, bless her!

You must all be so exhausted, but so proud of her - golly I feel so emotional and I'm not even connected except by 'cyber link! You must be in a state of euphoria!!

Well Freya certainly won the race to be the first to give birth - we are still waiting here, had a couple of false alarms today, so feel that possibly tonight is the night (I so hope so!).

Hugs to you, Alex and the lovely Freya and her new children. Also a special hug for the two big sisters, they are surely going to be busy helping their Mum with all their new brothers and sisters!

Get some rest all of you, you certainly deserve it.

Again many many congratulations :D :D :D

Anna and M
I breed miniature horses and am owned by a doodle called M who is the best thing since sliced bread.

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 02 Jul 2008, 01:12

Golly, what an exciting day. I've been away from the computer all day but had a friend checking the site and texting me updates LOL.
Then of course, getting the call from Linda was the best bit - I am so happy I could cry !!

Now I can really start planning and buying all my puppies bits and pieces - oh wow, this is amazing !

They are stunning pups - what shiny coats the little blackies have :D

Freya - you are such a clever girl and Linda and Alex, you are stars for getting through this week. I know there is a lot of hard work yet to come over the next few weeks for you all but what an acheivement.

Ooh - gotta start thinking of names - tee hee !! :lol: :wink:
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

AnnaCostaire

Post by AnnaCostaire » 02 Jul 2008, 04:56

Well my friends it is nearly the start of a new day for most of you - and I am not long for my bed LOL!!

Needless to say, still no sign of a foal, Mummy is sure cooking this little baby well. Perhaps daughter will be lucky on her shift from now until breakfast time. Mind you that reminds me of one morning when I had climbed into bed at 6am - having that time done an 'all night' shift, and at 6.20 I had daughter thundering on my door shouting 'she's foaling'. I had dropped immediately into such a deep exhausted sleep, the loud ring on my mobile phone right beside my head, had failed to rouse me!! By the time I had scrambled into my jeans, grabbed a thick jersey, and tripped over twice on my way to the barn, daughter was struggling with a first foaling mare who was showing only one leg and a tiny nose (two front legs and a nose are essential). Panic! On mobile to vet, when daughter shouted 'found the other foot'. Cut the poor vet off in her prime saying it's ok. Ran back to the stable to find that the second foot was coming on top of the foals head in between its ears!! Not correct! With me holding the first foot and the little head (now half way out) steady, daughter managed to 'jerk' (gently) the misplaced leg down the correct side of the head and under it to where it should be. We felt a little jerk as the little body twisted slightly inside the mare, into the correct position, and with a few more hefty pushes from the mare and a bit of help from us, a new little filly slid out!
Meanwhile my mobile was going into melt down! The poor vet had not heard my 'it's ok' but simply got cut off!! After a bit of a chat and promising to check in again if I was worried about the mare, we all calmed down a bit, lit our obligatory cigs and stood and watched as this new little life started its struggle to its feet. New Mum meanwhile stayed lying down, taking a well earned rest, but kept looking round at her new daughter in wonderment, making little greeting noises as if to say 'well there you are'. It is just such a wonderful moment! I'm just hoping I dont get another call from daughter today just after I have dropped off to sleep LOL!!

Just rambling folks to keep myself going for the last few minutes before I go for my last check on the Mummy, and then to rouse daughter, wake M who is crashed out beside me, find Charlie, who has been off hunting all night - he has popped back indoors twice to make sure I haven't gone to bed without him - and then to bed. M will wake up in a few hours when I do, but trying to get Charlie out of bed before mid-day, after his night activities, is not something that is to be even suggested LOL!!!

Hope you have had a good sleep Linda and that clever Freya is now feeling more rested. Enjoy your day fussing over her and the new babies - lucky you.

Anna and M
I breed miniature horses and am owned by a doodle called M who is the best thing since sliced bread.

ktm

Post by ktm » 02 Jul 2008, 07:00

Oh Anna what a lovely story...I hope this one goes smoothly. Any signs of little clip clop (as my daughter calls them)?

Keep us posted Anna...

How's the wonderful Freya this morning? Hope you all had a good rest...
kate

calpop

Post by calpop » 02 Jul 2008, 09:25

:lol: :lol: Amazing !! Freya looks every inch the proud mum - and so she should . How tiny - bet you just sit there looking at them don't you? Have Bella and Chloe had a peep at their new bro's & sisters? Well done to all - so happy for you all. :)

Hunnybunch

Post by Hunnybunch » 02 Jul 2008, 12:53

Does anyone know if Linda, Freya and pups are OK, are they just resting, nothing wrong I hope :?:
ImageImage

amber

Post by amber » 02 Jul 2008, 14:20

Hi All
Sorry, Lise, just been so tired. I will call you.
I have never been so grateful to sleep.
Hope to hear your news soon, Anna. I can't wait.
Freya is doing really well, so are the pups, getting chunky already :lol:
Linda x

Hunnybunch

Post by Hunnybunch » 02 Jul 2008, 14:24

Don't worry Linda, now I know you are all ok, get some rest, god knows you must all need it!
ImageImage

Dizzysearcher

Post by Dizzysearcher » 02 Jul 2008, 15:23

Just wanted to add my congrulations and wish you every happiness with your Freya's new brood. You've done a fantastic job and the photo's are lovely. They look so tiny and absolutely gorgeous. It's heartwarming stuff for sure. :D :D :D

Enjoy every minute with them and congratulations to all the expectant puppy owners out threr. Dead jealous!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AnnaCostaire

Post by AnnaCostaire » 02 Jul 2008, 15:48

Just reporting that I'm STILL waiting LOL!!

Glad to hear all is ok Linda. You, Alex and of course the wonderful Freya, get some sleep or just spend time relaxing and watching those new little darlings.

Will check in again later just in case there happens to be another picture we can drool over!!

Anna and M

amber

Post by amber » 02 Jul 2008, 15:55

Thanks Dizzysearcher :D
I will have some more pics later, Anna :D
Linda x