Mouse in the house

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Daisy(mini)Doodle

Mouse in the house

Post by Daisy(mini)Doodle » 21 Jun 2008, 09:53

We have three cats, yesterday one of them brought a mouse into the house. Last night whilst watching Heroes (Apt as it turned out) A mouse run across the living room floor. Was it a plane, was it a bird was it just a black bin bag? No it was Daisy Doodle in one bound she dived behind the aspidistra and emerged with a mouse in her mouth and promptly took it to her bed where obviously having had a severe talking to from the cats earlier in the day she let it go. We then had a hectic ten minutes trying to catch a mouse under the sofa with Daisy trying to dig through the sofa to help. Daisy is 10 1/2 weeks old. Now having established herself as a Hero mouser she thinks she can sit on the sofa like the cats.

Picture is a reconstruction of the event
Chris & Pauline Daisy & Ziva
ImageImage

AnnaCostaire

Re: Mouse in the house

Post by AnnaCostaire » 21 Jun 2008, 10:29

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bless her!!

With a house full of both cats and dogs we have found the cats have dog traits and the dogs have cat traits - in fact I think we have a house full of DOGATS :roll: :roll:

Anna and M
I breed miniature horses and am owned by a doodle called M who is the best thing since sliced bread.

pookie43

Post by pookie43 » 21 Jun 2008, 10:35

I totally agree, My late dog bruno, used to lick his paws and wash behind his ears like the cats :roll: Mind you Sophie used to sit next to Bruno and wash him, he was timind so he just let her get on with it for an easy life :lol:

Lynn and Molly x

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 Jun 2008, 10:55

Clever Daisy! I wish my Daisy would do that. one of our cats has left a live mouse in our bedroom - it's been there 3 days now & only comes out at night - I hear it scampering about :twisted:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Emma

Post by Emma » 21 Jun 2008, 20:33

My sympathys. Our cat is killing something every day to present to us. The other day he brought a live mouse upstairs, and had to be chased back downstairs with the poor thing in his jaws,and yesterday there was another dead one in the middle of my kitchen floor. Seems when we get some nice weather so I can leave the door open, he brings them in. And outside is starting to look like a necropolis - without the elaborate stones.
Amos and Emma