including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 11:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Oh the shame!
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2018, 17:59 

Well I knew it was a mistake! Luna's dog trainer asked me to put Luna through the Good Citizen Bronze, despite my misgivings she wasnt ready! Although she can do everything required during her normal training sessions and at home, when we arrived there were no familiar dogs and 12 strange and MUCH older dogs. Luna is only just 7 months and is bouncy and thinks life is a big game. 12 new friends was too much for her and she forgot everything she knows and was not popular with the other owners whose dogs sat beautifully waiting their turn. Some very competitive and extremely serious handlers and it wasnt at all fun! Not sure if I can face putting us though that again. Luna is a joy to take anywhere and will sit/stay/recall fine without fun distractions. She us such a lovable, exuberant and very clever character that I dont know if she will ever be suited to obedience!

Post subject: Re: Oh the shame!
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2018, 19:30 

Awww bless. I guess our doodles are just too sociable & smart for their own good. When Kobi use to go to training classes he was affectionally greeted with "here he is, the class clown!!" Like Luna he behaves very well (most of the time) but if there are new faces to be met he greets them all with his happy with life energy, which isn't always appreciated :oops:
Well done Luna.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2018, 23:48 

Yes Luna usually bursts in with a happy grin that says " IM HERE EVERYBODY - LETS PLAY!" Not always appreciated - at least our doodles have character! Today of course at training she was perfect and has been promoted to the next group!

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2018, 12:22 

Hi Luna, what do you want to be one of those boring dogs for anyway when you are a loving, funny, clever, beautiful free spirit. You are only young and you have plenty of time to get serious. It seems to Holly that you do everything that a good girl should do, it just takes a bit longer to get the bounce under control. Holly still finds it hard not to mug people who visit because she loves them sooo much.
Don’t worry Luna, Mum will have many more chances for embarrassment :oops: Image

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2018, 12:45 

I can share your pain!....my first doodle Bobby was just the same as Luna...at home he was perfect... in-class a nightmare ....so bad that I had to withdraw him from classes.
He was six months when he first started training classes(held in a scout hut with wooden floors ....) ....the minute we entered the hut his tongue would loll and he would create mayhem skidding across the floors bowing and play fighting with every pup in sight.. :oops:
We joined again a month later and he went on to win a little trophy for the most improved pup........
He grew up to be a wonderful well behaved boy :D ....keep the faith...she will get better. :D