Another broken cat flap!

Use this area to seek or offer guidance on specific training or behavioural matters.
julies0708

Re: Another broken cat flap!

Post by julies0708 » 10 May 2009, 10:47

all 3 of mine use the cat flap to see who coming and going but I have only ever had one broken by them and that was years ago by Bracken - I came down one morning thinking it was rather cold in the kitchen, went to the back door to let him out and noticed that there was a hole with no cat flap, looked all around and couldn't see where it was?!?!? Bracken went out, did his business, came back in, I put his breakfast down for him only to see the missing cat flap stuck firmly around his neck :shock: :shock: what a job I had getting it off, poor boy nearly had his ears torn off in the process :lol:

Doods just wanna have fun

Image Image

Luce

Post by Luce » 10 May 2009, 11:20

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just so funny. I have a brilliant image of your pup wearing a cat flap round his neck. I think Bid's suggestion is a really sensible one, failing that could you reinforce the reverse of the flaps with some bit of wood to stop it ripping through the whole and to cushion the weight of the pup so it's not as easy for him to force the flap through?? Or, could you wait till you catch the pup about to charge and distract him to with treats?? Good luck. How you manage to solve the prob soon. :D

Henniepennie

Post by Henniepennie » 10 May 2009, 11:29

How about putting a dog flap in instead ? !!!!!

Mamalyons

Post by Mamalyons » 11 May 2009, 19:03

HA HA!!! We have EXACTLY the same problem :roll: We had an infrared flap and it made no difference at all I'm afraid - as a small pup Holly could get through it. It only took a couple of weeks of growing before she got completely stuck :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was VERY funny seeing her little legs on either side of the door running like mad and not getting anywhere! I still laugh thinking about it :lol:

Now we just have a hole in the door as the flap was completely wrecked. Makes for a quick exit for the cats when Holly is doing her doodle dash though.... :shock:

secretpennell

Post by secretpennell » 20 Jul 2009, 17:01

Thought I'd update this:
Despite Truffle's best efforts at sabotage the aluminium/rubber flap is still in one piece. :lol: :P
Truffle:Image