agility competitions

Use this area to seek or offer guidance on specific training or behavioural matters.
MelEMilou

agility competitions

Post by MelEMilou » 28 Sep 2009, 11:00

Hi

We started competing in agility this year and are having problems with over-excitement, barking and biting in the ring. We have only seen one other doodle at a competition (and he was very well behaved). I am sure she is frustrated that I am not giving her information fast enough and am working on this but just wondered if anyone else is having similar problems ? She is relaxed at the showground, until she is in the ring (or at the head of the queue). Is it why there don't seem to be many doodles competing ?

Laura

Daisy(mini)Doodle

Re: agility competitions

Post by Daisy(mini)Doodle » 01 Oct 2009, 18:13

Not got to the competition stage yet, I've had enough trouble finding a club with vacancies!. I have noticed that a lot of dogs bark as they go around the course I think its excitement,
Chris & Pauline Daisy & Ziva
ImageImage

Bid

Re: agility competitions

Post by Bid » 02 Oct 2009, 00:44

We don't compete either, but even at agility training, Daisy used to get very excited for her first few runs, and then she settled. Do you get a chance to do some practice runs before the actual event? I've not been to one so I don't know the protocol :roll:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron