Total Recall??

Use this area to seek or offer guidance on specific training or behavioural matters.
Cococabana

Total Recall??

Post by Cococabana » 21 May 2013, 23:17

Not bragging as I know how unpredictable these Doodles can be! :lol: I've noticed on our last few walks that Coco is coming back when called, even when there's another dog around! It's been a source of anxiety since we've had her as she is too friendly with other dogs, sometimes to her detriment :cry: We've persevered and we think now its paying off. :D She'll stop and think about it, if she stops for too long, I start walking the other way and she follows me! :lol: It maybe about the persistent training, more acute sense of judgment, or her age. :roll: Whatever it is, if you're having problems here, don't despair, they'll get there in the end :wink:

Pollydoodle

Re: Total Recall??

Post by Pollydoodle » 21 May 2013, 23:32

8)
Isn't it the best feeling when the stop ,look and decide to return to you 8) rather than charging off to play or chase.
Well done Coco and you.
If anything like this household they keep us on our toes - I sometimes think just for their amusement :roll:

suebedo

Re: Total Recall??

Post by suebedo » 22 May 2013, 07:55

Same here, but, oh there's always a but!

Following on from Fozzie's successful return to me when a dog didn't want to play.......

The next day I was doing normal recalls when playing in the field by ourselves and he heard me, looked at me and then DELIBERATELY looked around to see where the dog was as that was obviously the reason for the recall!! As i said there was no other dog around but he had to make sure before deciding to trot back slowly to see me.

He has now linked me calling him back to other dogs being around and has decided that HE is going to decide if he's coming back or not!! These doodles are clever :!: