We did it!!

Use this area to seek or offer guidance on specific training or behavioural matters.
elmo75

We did it!!

Post by elmo75 » 13 Nov 2013, 15:38

Yay!!! Let Bronte off her lead on our own for the first time today!! She was marvellous!! We actually went off lead yesterday with my friend and his three dogs, it went ok and she stayed fairly close to them but developed selective hearing when it came to me. No disasters though, so was pleased. Decided to to do it today, just the two of us and her recall was amazing!! She came back for a treat every time I called her.
Thank you so much to everyone who gave me advice, you gave me the confidence to give it a go.
We will be doing the same again tomorrow!

Ellie and Bronte xxx
ImageImage

thepadster

Re: We did it!!

Post by thepadster » 13 Nov 2013, 17:12

Well done. It is a huge step but such an important one in puppy development and puppy / hooman bonding. Just don't forget the treats when you go out as she'll get braver and her sense of smell and adventure will lure her away from you.
ImageImage

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 13 Nov 2013, 17:49

Yay!! :mrgreen: :P
Great stuff

She probably had selective hearing as she was off and had 3 great fun playmates :o
Yes, treats treats treats :!: :D
Make her think you are a mummy treat machine :lol:

have fun out there!!

Jo xx
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

linny

Post by linny » 13 Nov 2013, 17:57

:D Well done :!: ....another step towards being a big grown up girl :D
But......as the others have said be prepared for cloth ear days and take loads of rewards.

MandyG

Post by MandyG » 13 Nov 2013, 20:08

Give her a treat every time she comes back to you, not just when you call her. Even if she just runs past you, hold out the treat so she knows YOU ARE THE FONT OF ALL GOOD THINGS :lol: :lol:

Well done you for being brave. It's worth it to see them running flat out through the woods or fields.

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

hockborn

Post by hockborn » 13 Nov 2013, 20:14

Just to let you hoomans know we are quite happy with the treats when we first start recall but the doodle rule is they have to be higher value doodle treats each time. My mummy started on just plain old dry dog food bits and has now (through my training of course!!!!) progressed to chicken, ham and sausage. I am trying to now to go for the 3 course meal!!! Hoomans need a lot of training you know!!! And my training tip for my doodle friends for the week? In recall practice, if at first you don't succeed - keep running away!!! Then watch your owner run around with arms waving around , like a headless chicken- go try it - it works!!!!!! Hee Hee

Louis the Goldendoodle xx

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 13 Nov 2013, 21:17

ellie,
Congratulations, the sooner the better!
And remember, if she ever comes back with a child's stuffed bunny, be prepared to take the embarrassment and apologise profusely... :oops: :roll: :oops:
Anne & Ianto x :lol:

Bid

Post by Bid » 13 Nov 2013, 22:01

:D :D :D :D Brilliant :D :D :D :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Shiv cool

Post by Shiv cool » 13 Nov 2013, 22:08

Love reading all of these posts- can't wait to experience all of the doodle traits for myself! So funny :lol: :lol:

Shiv x

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 14 Nov 2013, 11:13

Ianto! wrote:ellie,
Congratulations, the sooner the better!
And remember, if she ever comes back with a child's stuffed bunny, be prepared to take the embarrassment and apologise profusely... :oops: :roll: :oops:
Anne & Ianto x :lol:
Auz stole a piece of bread from a child once :| :oops:
I was very embarrassed
But to be fair, the kid did have his hand there. With the bread. In it. So....
:lol: :oops:
Austin just thought the kid was offering him a treat :?

Nortee bread thief!
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

julieju

Post by julieju » 14 Nov 2013, 11:55

Aww, that's great news, well done Bronte and mum!
hockborn wrote:Just to let you hoomans know we are quite happy with the treats when we first start recall but the doodle rule is they have to be higher value doodle treats each time. My mummy started on just plain old dry dog food bits and has now (through my training of course!!!!) progressed to chicken, ham and sausage. I am trying to now to go for the 3 course meal!!! Hoomans need a lot of training you know!!! And my training tip for my doodle friends for the week? In recall practice, if at first you don't succeed - keep running away!!! Then watch your owner run around with arms waving around , like a headless chicken- go try it - it works!!!!!! Hee Hee

Louis the Goldendoodle xx
:lol: :lol: Top advice Louis, good to see we are still barking from the same hymn sheet. love Aero xx
Julie and Aero xx